Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Delaware

Notices

Thread: Delaware chatter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #141

Ok. Cool. I look forward to meeting you sometime. Just do yourself a favor Jeff, have fun. You'll look back one day and say, what the hell? What happened? My son is getting his license soon, and I swear I just picked him up from kindergarden last year. One day you'll be burying friends more often that making them.
idealhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #142

Well, today was my first run with my "new to me" truck. The tide was very high due to the moon phase. There was only a small area to run and the water had crossed the road preventing us from going down any farther. I had fun though.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #143
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrademarkJeff View Post
Competition is not like follow the leader. Comps do have gates and timed runs but not the everyone is gonna take the same line. They are going to take the line that best fits their rig. Follow the leader is only done for scalded. So all your doing is not really seeing what your rigs are capable of. Concrete is not for crawlers, if ur rig can't crawl on rocks good. Build it better or stop playing follow the leader with crawlers. Build a scaler to play the stupid thing you call follow the leader. Im not crawling no more with you 02tac. You don't have the right concept of a Crawler
Jeff,

Let's clear things up a bit;
-- As far as I am concerned formal competitions are nothing more than follow me runs with rules. That is my opinion of it and you can have yours.
-- Follow the leader is not a scale only thing. see above
-- I find the limits of what my rig can do while playing with it. I set out to have fun each and every time I play with any of my RC toys. If I push the limits cool, if not that is fine to so long as I have fun. Your definition of fun may differ. Cool
-- Any and all terrain I choose to run my crawler on is for crawlers. Just because it is called a rock crawler does not mean it cannot be enjoyed on other surfaces.
-- I will continue to play follow the leader with my crawler, plane, what ever. If you do not like that there is not a damn thing I can or will do about it. Use your RC as you see fit and I will do the same with mine.
-- Can the "..stupid thing you call follow the leader". You coined the term. Prior to your input we simply called it having fun.
-- Whether you crawl with me or not is of no concern. I will continue to enjoy my RC toys regardless of who is around.
-- You may not feel that I have the right concept of what a crawler is, but again, that makes no difference to me.

Lastly, it would appear that you have lost the first and most important concept of RC; that is to have fun. If you can come out and run for fun as we do, cool. If you are going to treat it as a serious endevor and make comments that what we are doing is stupid, then you may want to look elsewhere for people to crawl with. If, as you say, you were kidding; prove it with your actions.
02tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 AM   #144

It didn't sound like a joke to me. If it REALLY was then you would not stomp your feet and leave.

ANY WHO:

I've repaired my crawler by swapping Traxxas drive shafts. I also put on my new Rovers. Unfortunately I probably wont get to run it on rocks til after the New Year
newjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #145

You think that they will hold Barry?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #146

The shafts look like they will hold...for now. They are a bit shorter than the originals. I will most likely order some Axial shafts. Its good to know you can swap them out with the readily available Traxxas stuff. I like the looks of the little bit of extra ground clearance with the Rovers. I have to wait and see if it makes any difference out in the world.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #147
Pebble Pounder

If teh Traxxas shaft don't work out - http://www.tcscrawlers.com/MIP-C-Dri...1-p-16872.html
Old 12-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02tac View Post
If teh Traxxas shaft don't work out - http://www.tcscrawlers.com/MIP-C-Dri...1-p-16872.html
Those look nice, but I don't want to spend that much. If anything I might get the stock plus the shaft rings...........maybe. Or I could just not try to power out when my wheels are wedged in!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #149

Barry,

I got my Orange Rx's. They work very well so far. They range tested a heck of a lot farther than ANY of my Spekrum ever has. One of them was 46 paces, the other I ran out of walking space at 55 paces. 55 and still working without hick-up. I'm sold.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #150
Pebble Pounder

If we do not get hammered with snow this weekend, how about some crawling up north late next week?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #151
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
If we do not get hammered with snow this weekend, how about some crawling up north late next week?

I probably wont be able to crawl next week. My rig is getting a makeover
TrademarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #152

Quote:
I might be able to get away for a couple of hours. How about Woodland? Not as far away and still fun.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #153
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjak View Post
I might be able to get away for a couple of hours. How about Woodland? Not as far away and still fun.
Depends on the weather. I would really like to hit Woodly park again, but Woodland would be ok.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #154
Rock Stacker

I'm in
pmikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #155

Merry Christmas guys. Enjoy your keychains, hat and glove sets, and the other stuff that our signifcant others get us that make us go WTF?
Old 12-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #156

Well, I got a couple of cool things and 1 WTF gift from Denise. She got me the Portable DVD player I asked for , Band of Brothers DVD set , and....... a Potato Peeler

Two out of 3 is doing damn good. No key chains this time. The potato peeler is inclosed and collects the peelings. Don't ask me.

Last edited by idealhobbies; 12-25-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #157
Rock Stacker

Merry Christmas! Still at work because swing shift lost a tool...YIPPEE
pmikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #158

I'm at work now. Where do you work Pete?
Old 12-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #159
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealhobbies View Post
and....... a Potato Peeler
. Don't ask me.

PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE, your making the french fries!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #160
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikeyg View Post
Merry Christmas! Still at work because swing shift lost a tool...YIPPEE
file for overtime

Tags
delaware, dover