Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > DLUX presents the Red Rock Rumble

Notices

Thread: 2015 Best of the West 4/24 - 4/26

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #101
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Re: 2015 Best of the West 4/24 - 4/26

I'm blind. Can't find the answer in any of the 2015 BOTW threads...what positions in each class "qualified" for Nats?

Cheers,

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #102
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I am obviously not the final say but if I heard right, there will be no qualifying for Worlds this year.

I believe the way its working for this comp is that 1st place in each class (maybe more?) will have their fees for Worlds covered for each respective class at Worlds.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #103
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I am obviously not the final say but if I heard right, there will be no qualifying for Worlds this year.

I believe the way its working for this comp is that 1st place in each class (maybe more?) will have their fees for Worlds covered for each respective class at Worlds.
Seems there is still some "qualifying" that is going on...

You may want to ask JRH what places qualified?
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #104
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

We are doing an adjusted qualifier, so for every 20 competitors in a class at a qualifier/ regional event there is one ticket given away. So 40 folks in a class, top two get free tickets for one Worlds class.

If they already have a ticket from another event or a club, it gets handed down. These sort of cases are why we are holding extra tickets to be sold two months before nats, so that folks who qualified and didn't know it till the last minute will have tickets available. It's also why RC ORVA needs to have all the data entered, so that we can easily see the hand-me-downs when one driver takes all the podiums.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
We are doing an adjusted qualifier, so for every 20 competitors in a class at a qualifier/ regional event there is one ticket given away. So 40 folks in a class, top two get free tickets for one Worlds class.

If they already have a ticket from another event or a club, it gets handed down. These sort of cases are why we are holding extra tickets to be sold two months before nats, so that folks who qualified and didn't know it till the last minute will have tickets available. It's also why RC ORVA needs to have all the data entered, so that we can easily see the hand-me-downs when one driver takes all the podiums.
Did the BOTW 2015 ever get approved for RCORVA?

I didn't see or hear anything about it...
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #106

It did, but wasn't listed on RC ORVA. Slacking on my end, I forgot that Erik was waiting on his account approval and let the event slip by me without taking care of it.

We are working to back fill the calender and results so that it is recorded.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It did, but wasn't listed on RC ORVA. Slacking on my end, I forgot that Erik was waiting on his account approval and let the event slip by me without taking care of it.

We are working to back fill the calender and results so that it is recorded.
JRH,

Nothing personal but I keep reading about how RCORVA needs to have "all of the data" entered. It's hard to collect data if the event isn't posted.

Comp organizers put out a tremendous amount of effort and time into these events. To have something like this, "slip through the cracks" is a little insulting to them.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited by Krawler Kev; 04-30-2015 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Comp crawling will never die
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Now that that is off my chest....

I would like to thanks Erik for holding this event. I had a great time, met lots of awesome people and drove some of the best rock to be found.

Thanks to all of the judges and course designers. We drove 8 courses.............8.........fawking awesome. The courses were tough but doable (except maybe course 6).

Thanks to 8-hondo (err.....Jerrys458.......err.......Jerrys3ladies) for supper on Saturday. It was a nice surprise ending to an awesome day.

Thanks to the BYBRC crew. Friendly bunch of guys willing to help out where ever required. Thanks for the hoodie Spencer.

Special thanks to my spotter/ comp score keeper - BC Paints. This guy is solid gold.

I really enjoy the personal nature of the smaller comps and look forward to attending another Dlux comp.

Last edited by Krawler Kev; 04-30-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Comp crawling will never die
Old 04-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #109

The event didn't just slip through, I didn't know the date and wasn't told that his login wasn't converted until TODAY. Unfortunately I don't spend all day trolling forums and didn't see this thread until somebody sent a link this morning regarding the question of invites. I can't help when I'm not told there is an issue. Organizers don't have to "fill in" data when the site is used, it populates itself during registration and they only enter scores afterwards. Host a comp and don't run the registration through ORVA? Sure as shit you will have a lot of data to enter if you want to take part in the series.

What you are seeing is hosts either contacting me way too late with issues, or being a bit lazy and not setting up their own events. Your club seems to have no problems listing events and entering scores afterwards on ORVA, it's not an impossible or difficult task!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #110
Wanna get? Gotta want.

The RCOVRA thing getting dropped has as much or more to do with me as it does JRH. We had lack of communication issues after his web guy was not available and I didnt follow up on it. Since we dont have "comps" here in UT, we dont use the system so its 100% new to me and I just didnt find the time to figure it all out. Sorry. I am trying to go back through it and update the comp.

I think one of the coolest things about this past comp was the fact that I dont think anybody knew what to think about a tiny turnout. I know I was curious to see what would happen. One way for it to go was for everybody to get depressed about how small it was and how comp crawling is dying, this could have been a nail in the coffin. To be honest, I would have guessed it would have gone this way BUT, from where I am standing, it didnt! In fact, from what I can see, it looks like it gave a lot of us hope. Not taking any credit for the comp when I say this but, I think its one of, if not THE best comp I have ever been to! Thats a breath of fresh air to me knowing that if us core group of guys are still in it, albeit small, we can have a great time (maybe a better time?) than ever. THIS IS HUGE!

My point of the above is that I see a small turn around in the comp crawling scene. There is HOPE and POSITIVITY for the first time in a long time. In order for us to succeed and be happy in our hobby, its important to keep this hope and positivity and move forward with it. Lets focus on the positive and what we can do to HELP the crawling scene. Negativity breeds negativity.

I think RCORVA is a bit confusing and not quite organized quite yet. I think any time there is major change, we will all want to push back a bit but, I think once it all gets figured out and is "normal", I think we will all be very happy with it. We have needed organization for a long time. JRH took a huge bite by doing all of this and I know something so big can be a lot to figure out. I think the proof is in the pudding.... ask yourself if you would like to take over JRH's job in all of this. My guess is not only "no" but "hell no". For that reason, I appreciate what JRH does. Its a lot of responsibility and as far as I know, he has not made a dime, in fact, I would think he has lost quite a bit. On top of that, I think JRH put down the foundation for us to find our positivity last weekend that we can build on.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #111

I agree that ORVA is a bit confusing still too, it needs more work to make it super duper easy to use. My original intent was to create the calender system for RCCA classes and call it good, but then I realized it could be useful for anybody. And maybe folks want more than what eventbrite offers, which is just ticket sales and taking your money. I'm waaaay in the hole on the endeavor, I probably won't break even for a few years and it will only be because I will host Worlds.

Small turnout is better than no turnout! It is easier to manage a small event, and folks have a better chance at hanging out and getting to know the ones around them. I think things are turning around too, but gotta be honest and say it will be years before traction is really found. Not only is bringing organization back to the RCCA a larger task than I realized, we need enough revenue to pay somebody to just promote events and help hosts. Otherwise it will always be sitting on the cusp of almost there. My day job is managing 6 workers and keeping a roof over my head, my no-pay night job is figuring out how we can make the RCCA and ORVA better.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
The RCOVRA thing getting dropped has as much or more to do with me as it does JRH. We had lack of communication issues after his web guy was not available and I didnt follow up on it. Since we dont have "comps" here in UT, we dont use the system so its 100% new to me and I just didnt find the time to figure it all out. Sorry. I am trying to go back through it and update the comp.

I think one of the coolest things about this past comp was the fact that I dont think anybody knew what to think about a tiny turnout. I know I was curious to see what would happen. One way for it to go was for everybody to get depressed about how small it was and how comp crawling is dying, this could have been a nail in the coffin. To be honest, I would have guessed it would have gone this way BUT, from where I am standing, it didnt! In fact, from what I can see, it looks like it gave a lot of us hope. Not taking any credit for the comp when I say this but, I think its one of, if not THE best comp I have ever been to! Thats a breath of fresh air to me knowing that if us core group of guys are still in it, albeit small, we can have a great time (maybe a better time?) than ever. THIS IS HUGE!

My point of the above is that I see a small turn around in the comp crawling scene. There is HOPE and POSITIVITY for the first time in a long time. In order for us to succeed and be happy in our hobby, its important to keep this hope and positivity and move forward with it. Lets focus on the positive and what we can do to HELP the crawling scene. Negativity breeds negativity.

I think RCORVA is a bit confusing and not quite organized quite yet. I think any time there is major change, we will all want to push back a bit but, I think once it all gets figured out and is "normal", I think we will all be very happy with it. We have needed organization for a long time. JRH took a huge bite by doing all of this and I know something so big can be a lot to figure out. I think the proof is in the pudding.... ask yourself if you would like to take over JRH's job in all of this. My guess is not only "no" but "hell no". For that reason, I appreciate what JRH does. Its a lot of responsibility and as far as I know, he has not made a dime, in fact, I would think he has lost quite a bit. On top of that, I think JRH put down the foundation for us to find our positivity last weekend that we can build on.
Great post Erik.

BOTW 2015 was a friendly and fun comp to be at.

I wish I could flange up a way to get to the Red Rock Rumble...
Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #113
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Dont Violate, appreciate!

2015 Best of the West 4/24 - 4/26 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 TAT76 Montana 1 03-24-2015 05:00 PM
2015 ASTR 2015 Comp #8 at Badlands VIDEO fateman1220 Arizona 3 03-02-2015 08:05 AM
NMRCC 2014/2015 Comp 9.5 Top of Copper 3/01/2015 scomck5 New Mexico 8 03-01-2015 08:28 AM
801rcc 2015 Ultra4 and G6 #2 "West Desert Waltz" NaZ-T Competitions 2 02-25-2015 11:42 AM
2014/2015 West Coast Rc Crawlers Comp season. Season Opener October 4th, 2014 Illeagle California 0 08-21-2014 05:16 PM