Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > East Coast Championship

Notices

Thread: 2010 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #1321
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Yup. It has seen better days.........
Never play chicken with a bl slash
TRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #1322
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
I was there for two days and i didn't take 1 picture...I'm kicking myself for it.
You are not the only one. I'll kick you for a little bit and then you can kick me.

I had just put a new memory card in the camera at the hotel Thursday night and then never took it out of the truck either day.
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #1323
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Shocker View Post
You are not the only one. I'll kick you for a little bit and then you can kick me.

I had just put a new memory card in the camera at the hotel Thursday night and then never took it out of the truck either day.
I'll take a couple swift kicks as well. Did get a couple funny pics on the way home though.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #1324
I wanna be Dave

Wow, I have never been so tired, battered, bruised, and frustrated while at the same time have the time of my life. I didn't think it was possible to be more sore than I was on Sunday. That was until Monday rolled around

I hope everyone had I good time. There were a few bumps along the way, but in the end I think everyone got their monies worth.

While I can't promise perfection I will promise I will try to make ECC better every year. I can make this promise because I will learn from my mistakes, and work to improve every thing as much as possible.

Next year I should have the support of the wonderful folks that run Cherokee County. Several of them heard about the event and stopped by. A local radio station even called me for an interview. A county commissioner said next year they will offer more services to us. (Hopefully no more road blocks)

THANKS

To all the Judges who did a GREAT JOB I only know of about 3 calls that were question, and I made 1x of them. out of close to 600 runs I will take those odds

To all the sponsors for all the wonderful prizes. I think at least 50% of the folks got 2x prizes.

An EXTRA huge thanks goes to Kevin and Brian for make this event possible.

Kevin has been a friend of mine since the beginning of my RC Crawling career. I knew before TCS existed and "The Stick" was invented. We dreamed up the concept of Team: TCS together, and he got behind me when I said I wanted to do ECC. I think both ideas work out alright

Brian is my newest best friend in crawling. He went above and beyond "Normal" sponsorship. What ever I asked him to bring or do....he did it.
He gave prizes, ran a raffle for a VERY cool boat, grilled burgers & hot dogs, and hauled up a ridiculously big tent to keep us shady from the sun & dry if it rained.

If ECC could have 2x Title Sponsors Brian's Hobbyland would be it

Scattman deserves a HUGE thanks. He contributed as much as any sponsor could have contributed with absolutely ZERO $$$ up side. He hauled that huge ass trailer from Gainesville, FL, spent hours and hours cooking, and then after everyone left he washed down the equipment to get it ready for the next day. In our house he and Kenny were the last ones to sit down every night.

Some of the best BBQ I have ever had. As the saying goes "No one beats Scattman's meat"

Trace what can I say....The event timing didn't turn out the best for you personally, but you still got us taken care of. Please send me your aunts addresss so I can send her a Thank You note for opening her home to us.

Our BEAUTIFUL Trophy girls Lindsey & Kelly

1.9 Apology

For those that expected/planned for 1.9 to be Saturday night I apologize. Due to circumstances out our control we had to keep the event up on the mountain. I tried to arrange for generators to be brought up last minute, and in fact they were there. Trouble was we just weren't prepared to set up the lights early, and tooooo exhausted to do it later. Again I apologize, but you will have to trust me when I say it could not be helped

Raffle Prizes

I heard a few complaints about doing the AFTER the event instead of DURING like we did last year, so we can get out of there faster. (Where in the heck ya going anyway) All I can say is that I feel like the sponsors should get as much ATTENTION as they can possibly get, and pulling prizes out of a box and sticking a ticket on it doesn't do much for them. Sometimes I have a method to my madness, and I think the AMOUNT of goods we gave out is related.

Besides you never would get these moments doing the raffle during the event

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-19-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #1325
I wanna be Dave

Hell yeah Fish! Thank You!

I am rolling a big bouncy ball underneath my feet right not at my desk and it feels amazing.... thanks for the tip
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #1326
Rock Crawler

Sounds like ECC was awesome!
did I miss the scores somewhere, or are they yet to be posted?
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #1327
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
Sounds like ECC was awesome!
did I miss the scores somewhere, or are they yet to be posted?
I'm sure Fish will post them up in here soon enough, or start a new thread just for the event results. After putting on one hell of an event like that, he deserves a day or two of rest.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #1328
Holmes Hobbies

Thank You Fish for all your hard work,Thanks to Brian's Hobbies,all the judges,SPONSORS and everyone that helped put on this GREAT event.I drove horrible but was having so much fun I didn't care at all.
It was great to see my crawler friends and meet some new ones.Parker took me by surprise on course but he's the only person I have ever met the could pull it off and motivate ya to finish the only course I did all day,Thank you.
The giveaways where great and I want to Thank the girls for making it special, It was a blast and well worth the 12 hr. drive.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #1329
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge57 View Post
Sounds like fun, but..................

Video's good too
Give me about 2 months to go through them all.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #1330
Pebble Pounder

Matt hard at work

the FJ40

Fish

Speedracer19

Rex

Parker or ?

link to the few I took
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...wler/ECC/2010/
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #1331
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yup. It has seen better days.........

Yes I was inputting scores and heard this hellish sound and saw the aftermath. Poor little truck.
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #1332
20K Club

Always have to thank Fish for such a great event and the new venue is on the top of my list for favorite spots.

Thanks again for letting me do the raffle drawing too, I always get a huge kick out of doing that!!!

I have never been so sore in all my life. I already limp like fool when my ankles hurt but my legs are sooooooo sore from climbing up and down those rocks all day! I only judged for a few hours on Saturday and I have to give a huge thanks to all you guys that did it all day. I am back at work now, landed here in KC about 10AM this morning.

I broke on a course and really did a number on my front axle, I have to thank Rockcrawler, Mini and Scattman for the parts it too to repair it. I bent a pinion shaft and FUBAR'd 3 of the transmission gears! Gotta love when you can count on guys like you at a comp

Also 666, Thanks for letting me abuse your Copperhead on Sunday. It was 100% worth having to use a Spektrum radio for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Last would like to say this by far was my most exciting event to date, being presented as a TCS Team Driver caught me off guard and at first did not know if it was a joke or anything was speechless for the first time lol. Thank you TCS and the team for this will promise to rep and always give 110% thank you.

Oh almost forgot Harley was great driving with you and being your spotter. Should some lines I did not see on some course and you kept me calm in the BLC course when my lower link tore out thank you so much, can't wait and looking foward to the next event with you.
I was excited to hear Fish arrange for you to be on the team Mini. We both fall in that same category of why we are on the Team. Welcome man I'll see you at the next comp, thanks for taking video of all my runs! Thanks a million for that gear BTW! Let me know whatever you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelowjr View Post
It was good to meet you Mr. awesome , I'll be in KC this summer to crawl with you.
Let us know when you are coming in town so we can schedule something around that time. It's always a blast to have people come from different areas

Last edited by Harley; 04-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #1333
I wanna be Dave

Default 2.2 Scores

Complete 2.2 Scores

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...YZG9PTGc&hl=en

1.9, Super, and Over ALL coming soon.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-19-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #1334
I wanna be Dave

Awesome!!! 85th!!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #1335
Rock Crawler

Super Freakin' Fun!
Thank you to all involved! Great job
Always fun to meet up with such a great group of people.
nitrojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #1336
Rock Crawler

So how many Axial AX10's were there besides me? I think I only remember seeing like maybe two or three others. (my poor little shafty is sore after the beating that I gave it this week-end.) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #1337
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Awesome!!! 85th!!!
Its my fault!

You drove better when I didn't know who you were
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #1338
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Its my fault!

You drove better when I didn't know who you were
I'm gonna use that excuse as well.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #1339
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
my poor little shafty is sore after the beating that I gave it this week-end.

Who did you sleep with?
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #1340
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Its my fault!
Yeah, yeah.......its ALL your fault!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
I'm gonna use that excuse as well.
It is a good one!! Thanks again for the food Matt! It was delicious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Who did you sleep with?
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote