RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   East Coast Championship (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/east-coast-championship/)
-   -   2013 ECC Scaler Jam (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/east-coast-championship/430112-2013-ecc-scaler-jam.html)

stelerzman 04-23-2013 06:17 PM

Re: 2013 ECC Scaler Jam

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4292158)
Dont forget too guys, the best part of scalers at ECC is the night trail runs :twisted: For some reason, everything is incredibly harder at night. Bring head lamps, flash lights, etc. Its a ton of fun and usually results in an incredible amount of carnage "thumbsup"

Well it's about time time you spoke the truth, just ask Brittney. We search for 10 min. or so for her rear tire that fell off at Nats on the night scale trek through the woods.

Sorry Britt.

Fishmaxx 04-23-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 4291619)
Do the trucks need drivers to compete? I never got around to finding the right one...might need to find anything if its mandatory.

Drivers not required.

Post #2 updated to include all rules for the format despite what you may have been told or read elsewhere.

Tried to keep things as simple as possible. Some parts come across as a little harsh, but that is not the intent.

Just wanted cover all the bases and remind people the stuff we built is designed to be portable, lightweight (NOT TOUGH LIKE ROCKS) and provide a challenge. If people try to over power the obstacle they probably will:cry:

stelerzman 04-23-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 4292354)

Drivers not required.

Post #2 updated to include all rules for the format despite what you may have been told or read elsewhere.

Tried to keep things as simple as possible. Some parts come across as a little harsh, but that is not the intent.

Just wanted cover all the bases and remind people the stuff we built is designed to be portable, lightweight (NOT TOUGH LIKE ROCKS) and provide a challenge. If people try to over power the obstacle they probably will:cry:

"thumbsup" Fish. To all drivers, keep in mind you are not the only one running the course so courtesy is all on you. It's up to all the drivers to help maintain the entire course for everyone to enjoy and allow everyone to have the chance to drive it .

binaryterror 04-24-2013 06:50 AM

I'll do more antics off the obstacles most likely. The ones I see here look to be best handled in a slower controlled manner....area between these obstacles is full throttle!

Fishmaxx 04-24-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 4292841)
I'll do more antics off the obstacles most likely. The ones I see here look to be best handled in a slower controlled manner....area between these obstacles is full throttle!

Except for the action figure I wasn't referring to you specifically.

It was actually very difficult to design stuff challenging for a 2.2 Wraith and still doable for a 1.9 Honcho.

Yes there will be plenty of opportunity to OPEN up the throttle. :twisted:

stelerzman 04-24-2013 07:33 PM

Truck is all packed up and ready to start driving. 5 am won't get here soon enough.:twisted:

ROWDY RACING 04-24-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelerzman (Post 4293921)
Truck is all packed up and ready to start driving. 5 am won't get here soon enough.:twisted:

How long is your drive?

stelerzman 04-24-2013 08:42 PM

Roughly 10.5 hours. We should be checking in at Weiss Lake Lodge around 4pm. After that we'll head up to the site.:mrgreen:

stelerzman 04-24-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 4292841)

You ain't seen nothing yet.:flipoff::twisted:

Hope you don't have as fear of heighs.;-)

Destroyer 04-24-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelerzman (Post 4294026)
You ain't see nothing yet.:flipoff::twisted:

Hope you don't have as fear of heighs.;-)

Should be interesting! Got my additions to the course loaded in the truck tonight, just need to gather up all the RC stuff, make a few final changes and I should be ready.

stelerzman 04-25-2013 03:18 AM

All loaded and heading north."thumbsup"

binaryterror 04-25-2013 05:32 AM

I realized I've never taken a picture of my Wraith...

Everything is ready, just waiting for work to end and Farmer to show up at my house to get on the road. We'll be there mid-day Friday it sounds like (stopping on the way down to split the drive up).

Fishmaxx 04-25-2013 09:50 AM

The Portable Winch Station is finally compete....talk about waiting until the last minute:roll:

Actually I built several versions that were EPIC FAILURES. Old Ti-servos had chipped gears, other motors were too fast and uncontrollable, subject to breaking the line or ripping the bumper off your scaler, at a higher voltage, and too weak to pull a fly of a turd at a lower voltage.

I think what I finally came up with is durable, controllable, and relative east to use.

As soon as Youtube approves the video you guys can check it out.

Video goes here:flipoff:

The plan is have 1x mandatory winch climb at the start. Once they get past that use of the winch will be at the drivers discretion.

None of the obstacles were tested in the rain...so who knows what will happen:shock:

stelerzman 04-25-2013 11:18 AM

Were on the 475 north , just south west of Atlanta.

Gatekeeper 04-27-2013 08:44 PM

The scaler jam was very fun , lots of very cool man made chalenges nothing like a good race . Thanks FISH ,DESTROYER and COLBY for all your hard work,thanks to Jake and Brad for letting me drive the screaming bronco.lots of fun

Colby 04-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper (Post 4298088)
The scaler jam was very fun , lots of very cool man made chalenges nothing like a good race . Thanks FISH ,DESTROYER and COLBY for all your hard work,thanks to Jake and Brad for letting me drive the screaming bronco.lots of fun

WOOPOW! Steelerzman did a helluva lot more than i did, he should get just as much if not more credit for the awesome course as we did. Glad you liked it Austin!

Gatekeeper 04-28-2013 09:35 AM

Yes he did sorry for not addressing that

Jake 04-28-2013 11:02 AM

Had a ton of fun. The man made obstacles were a blast. Big thanks to Destroyer, Colby, Stelerzman, and Fishy. I had an awesome time, and the screamin bronco came back in one peace."thumbsup"

Your welcome Austin.

stelerzman 05-03-2013 06:50 AM

I happy everyone enjoyed the man made obstacles, I hope we do this again next year.:twisted:

Jslick 05-03-2013 06:54 AM

Where are the pics of this?? I am going through withdrawl since I could not make it down this year.