Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX6 Left stick centering Mod with Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

The DX6i is different though. You will also need three small metal pins and to drill a small pivot hole in the arm. Will also need to make a small plastic piece to hold the other side of the spring. I will be makin pins for them, still trying to locate the springs so thanks for the links on those.

Dont know why Horizon is being such a turd about selling the parts for the DX6i. Talked to them and they absolutely refused to sell the parts. So I guess its time to design the parts in CAD and order some delrin to make the parts. Gonna try and make something so I can quickly engage or disengage the self center so I can still use the DX6i with my Axe CP heli without having to rebuild the dang thing all the time.
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #22
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oze30 View Post
couldn't you just unscrew the gimble and then rotate it 90 deg and screw back in? this would give sprubg n/s and ratchet e/w. just a thought!
No, this won't work. For starters you would make any programming of the channel mixing much harder. Plus, even if you could rotate it, now your left to right would not center and that would suck for steering on supers or winch control like on my scaler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmith View Post
The DX6i is different though. You will also need three small metal pins and to drill a small pivot hole in the arm. Will also need to make a small plastic piece to hold the other side of the spring. I will be makin pins for them, still trying to locate the springs so thanks for the links on those.

Dont know why Horizon is being such a turd about selling the parts for the DX6i. Talked to them and they absolutely refused to sell the parts. So I guess its time to design the parts in CAD and order some delrin to make the parts. Gonna try and make something so I can quickly engage or disengage the self center so I can still use the DX6i with my Axe CP heli without having to rebuild the dang thing all the time.

I agree with you about Horizon. It's good to see a vendor see the need and step up to try and fill it. Best of luck to you.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmith View Post

I thought about the same thing and I figure if I really want to fly one of my planes with it I'll throw a rubber band over the throttle stick to hold it in closed throttle position.

This is only for small parkflyer airplanes so I think it would work just fine.

I have a Futaba 9CHP for the big stuff.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING BLING View Post
Sorry about the rocker. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, I will address this right away. PM sent.
I am glad that this was "Addressed". Now there is no template included at all. At least that forced me to use one of the dog legs on the right gimble to trace for the fab of the left gimble. I ordered this "kit" last week before I ran across this post. The "kit" arrived today, and after making my own template....the project is complete. A friend also ordered this kit over the weekend......I am curious if his shipment will, or will not, have a template.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #25
I joined the Band!

it will not have a template. I forgot to remove that from the site. I will fix it now, sorry about that.
KING BLING is offline   Reply With Quote