Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: TowerPrg MG995

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #81

Sorry for the newb question, but will a pair of these servos work very well with a Tekin Rebel 1, TQ3 radio and reciever, 55T lathe motor, and standard 6 cell pack? They'll be used to turn 40 series Moabs if that makes a difference. If what I have wouldn't cut it, what would need to be done to make it work well?
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

They should work fine, if worst comes to worst, you might need to add a receiver pack.
nktrnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:45 AM   #83
RCC Addict

I bought two of these on ebay. It took about 3 weeks to get them from Hong Kong. I liked them so much I bought two more in late January. Today is March 7th and still no servos. Two weeks ago I sent a email to the seller. I was told they would ship two more out because they must be lost and that it happens alot. I sent a email again today I was told the same thing. They seemed to act like this was the first time I checked on when the servos would get to me. I needed two servos for a new project so I bought two 645 Hitec online. They came in 3 days. Beware!! of
the seller shipping from Hong Kong.
CARS69
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Hey cars69, I think it's more than one seller that sells this servos on eBay.
Which seller are you meaning????
Wild trial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

My brother in law bought two of these on ebay, and one came like 2 1/2 weeks later, so he emailed the guy. He said it must have got held up in customs so he sent another, which took another 2 1/2 weeks. Then it was defective. The guy said he would give him another one if he sent it back, but by the time he got the servo it would be like a 2 month process so he said screw it! He likes the one in his truck that works but the gears are not very big compared to his other cheep servo that he got for $45. Needless to say I won't be buying any tower pro servos.
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #86
RCC Addict

The Seller on ebay was Winghung2005
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars69
I bought two of these on ebay. It took about 3 weeks to get them from Hong Kong. I liked them so much I bought two more in late January. Today is March 7th and still no servos. Two weeks ago I sent a email to the seller. I was told they would ship two more out because they must be lost and that it happens alot. I sent a email again today I was told the same thing. They seemed to act like this was the first time I checked on when the servos would get to me. I needed two servos for a new project so I bought two 645 Hitec online. They came in 3 days. Beware!! of
the seller shipping from Hong Kong.
CARS69
I too am having trouble getting my MG955's.:? I bought mine from the Revolution shop. Been a month, I am looking at a couple Hitec 645's. No more Honk Kong electronics for me.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:07 PM   #88

Are people using servo savers with these towerpro servos? I am using 7kg servos at the moment and the saver gives out before the servo. Would these be reliable without a saver?
Fity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

I bought 2 of these back in December. I got them in early Jan. I was only running front steer on my clod with Moab xl's. Just before I got around to adding rear steer I ordered another pair as spares just incase I broke one I had something to use. Well I got my second pair. I had put a new one on the rear and the gears stripped 10 min later. I then put on another one. I worked for 3 days then froze. It does not work at all. So I went and put my last one on. That was yesterday. It striped out the gears driving it around in my living room tonight. The original servo that I mounted has been workng fine. I have even been running 30 oz of bb's in each of my front tires. I have had 3 out of 4 go bad. 3 of them within one week. Luckly they were not very expensive. I'm now looking into diferent ones. Last week I had 2 spares, now I only have front steering. To me that's not a good product.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue devil toyota
I bought 2 of these back in December. I got them in early Jan. I was only running front steer on my clod with Moab xl's. Just before I got around to adding rear steer I ordered another pair as spares just incase I broke one I had something to use. Well I got my second pair. I had put a new one on the rear and the gears stripped 10 min later. I then put on another one. I worked for 3 days then froze. It does not work at all. So I went and put my last one on. That was yesterday. It striped out the gears driving it around in my living room tonight. The original servo that I mounted has been workng fine. I have even been running 30 oz of bb's in each of my front tires. I have had 3 out of 4 go bad. 3 of them within one week. Luckly they were not very expensive. I'm now looking into diferent ones. Last week I had 2 spares, now I only have front steering. To me that's not a good product.
But were you using servo savers or servo horns?
Fity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fity
But were you using servo savers or servo horns?
Yes on the first 3. I just put on a solid alum on tonight it lasted less than 30 min.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes on the first 3. I just put on a solid alum on tonight it lasted less than 30 min.
Great my confidence is quickly going in the toilet!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Great my confidence is quickly going in the toilet!
Basically I originally bought two and loved how the first one worked. When I got around to doing rear steer I figured these have been working well, but just in case I'll order2 spares. Nothing worst than being at a comp and broke with no spares. I'm with you now. I don't know what to do.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

blue devil toyota what want for the bad servo ? I need a case for one of servos
mp3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
30 oz of bb's in each front tire!
That seem like alot of BB's
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson420
30 oz of bb's in each front tire!
That seem like alot of BB's
It's alot, but it works great. I had originally started with 18oz in each front tire. It worked good, so I tried more. It also worked good, but I did not see any difference between the two other than the rig was getting real heavy. I went crawling last weeekdn with a couple of people and they said bb's don't do chit, so I said what the hell I'll take them out and try it with none. What a joke. Climbing sucked. I'm going o put bb's back into it, but I'm going to go with 20oz.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3ranger
blue devil toyota what want for the bad servo ? I need a case for one of servos
I'm keeping them for now.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Well I finally got 2 of the 3 TP MG955's in. So I can finally run them. But after reading the reports that I have on here I ordered a Hitec 645 & 945. I guess I'll keep the MG 995's for back up!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:52 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

yeah, I got two of these on my tlt. They seem pretty strong, but I'm still having some issues with them. I've got them running through a reversing Y harness, and the one that is reversed turns full lock and then the other one turns. HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF???? I'm hoping it's just the bec rating of my ESC. It's a GM V3r. I looked on the GM website to see the specs on it, but it looks to be all in German. Good times. Just some piece of crap I had laying around. I was going to buy a TR2 for my current project, but it looks like I'll have to get a 2nd on for the tlt as well. I'm hoping a higher bec rating will cure that problem. If so, they will probably be ok for the tlt.
shutupanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Well I went and pulled them apart the other day to see what happened. The one with the burnt motor was gone, but the gears were good. So I decided I take those gears and put them in the servo witht he stripped gears. One thing noticed is that the servos that the gears slipped it was due to pore workman ship on the housing. I was able to take the 3 bad ones, mix and match parts and housings to come out of it with only one that there is no way it would work. I would recomend if your running these to pull off the gear cover. There is a pin that locates the center row of gears. If you look at the top housing there is a hole to locate the pin and keep the gears from shifting. A couple of my housings were a slot rather than a hole. One actually allowed the gears to strip, the other the gear would just shift over far enogh to not be engaged. Hope this helps any of you.

Good luck
Bernie