Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto261 View Post
you have a cap on the speed control's ?

dan
Nope. AS IS!
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Very good tech in this thread!

How is the drag brake on a set of dual Mamba Micro Pro's? Do they provide good front and rear dig?

Thanks!

Tomi
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:49 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Subscribed.....my son (asw27x) just built me a Bully rig for Christmas, it has a CC ESC but no reverse.
I will check ESC firmware and setup but this thread has some good info, hope others can add to it.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

OK did some crawling but I have an issue. I have everything working EXCEPT reverse.

The rig is:

Bully axles, lightened
Fubar Skeeter chassis
Castle Mamba Max (1)
Hitec HS-7955TG steering servo (new since the original CKRC one cracked a case ther first day)
CC BEC
Masher 2000 all terrain tires
Berg rims
Futaba 3PMx (I've had this for a while)
Motors.....not sure as they are covered

I reviewed the CC ECS settings and they match what Chris (the battery guy) showed in his thread.
I have played with a few other items but to no avail.
Any ideas on what to check next?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
Last year I was running a mamba 25 with a brushless outrunner in one of my rigs and I updated to firmware v1.25(I think) and it was nothing but problems reverse was slow and had to double tap to get it to go into reverse, even tho I had it set forward to brake to reverse. Drag brake was non existing. I hooked it back up to the castle link and tried to go back to v1.24 but the problems still existed. I'm not sure if the update did something to the software that couldn't be undone or what. To fix the problem I switched to my spare installed v1.24 only and everything was peachy after that. Sold the other esc to someone to someone to run in a mini T. They had no problems with it in forward only. Has anyone else run into a problem like this?

I ran into a similar issue with my MMP, I would have to double tap reverse or wait at neutral for 2 sec. I updated the castle link software and the firmware for the esc. It now had a Crawler reverse feature with takes away the need for a 2 sec pause, it also had 213% drag brake setting. The Crawler reverse function is new, I'm not sure why my setup worked fine one day and not the crawlerut the Crawler reverse function took care of the issue and I still have awesome drag brake strength.
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #26

I was having problems setting up my dual sidewinders on my moa and stumbled across this thread last night. I set them up just like the page chris posted and they work perfect!!! Thank you chris, I owe you one!!!
T_MADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
OK did some crawling but I have an issue. I have everything working EXCEPT reverse.

A few things to check, are the lights on the ESC lighting up when you move the controller to the reverse direction? Should light up solid red.

Check the ESC again under the Power Tab to make sure the esc is set for 100% reverse power, not 0%.

Do you have the endpoints on the radio set to 100% in the reverse direction? If not set it back to 100% then recalibrate the ESC.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I am having drag break problems. I have brand new 35turn holmes team motors, 12/13 gearing, 3s, dual sidewinders, dx3e with moa hack, v1.24 with all the correct settings, and my drag break sucks. Any suggestions??
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Default Micro question

Do the Sidewinder and Mamba Micros have a drag brake 213% setting or is that only on the 1/10 Sidewinder and Mamba's?
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Do the Sidewinder and Mamba Micros have a drag brake 213% setting or is that only on the 1/10 Sidewinder and Mamba's?
I know the Mamba micro pro does, I just got one.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

when i got my mamba micros .... they just cogged the 45T's i had .... after castle link .... it had a firmware update ... clicked that for both my dual micros and its been perfect .... barely gets warm ... drag brake is awesome ... low speed throttle control is extremely predictable ....

the castlelink update for the esc's are the ticket ....
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #32
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
and I know the micro sidewinder has 213% dragbrake aswell. just got one myself
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Default Duel esc's w/3pks

Going to switch to 2 micro pros (when I receive them) and have a question. When I wire up two esc's do I remove the power wire from the second esc that attaches to the third channel on the receiver? Using a 3PKS spectrum w/sr3500 rec. In the mean time I want to try a BR-XL and Sidewinder together. Do you think these will work together?

Thanks,
Neil
nsg1rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Great tread I think I might like the castle micro pro after all
beidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Just picked up my Mamba Micro Pro's at Allerc.com. On sale for $70. I think if you buy 2 of them u will get free standard shipping as well.

Anybody got pics of how they wired up there micro's? I always do a slop job of wiring..... want to try and keep it clean this time.

Thanks for the great info!!!
sean68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Want to chime in and say, that I was wrong in assuming the mamba micro sidewinder was the same as the micro pro. I personally wouldnt use a micro sidewinder. Too small. It is only about a 25 amp ESC. I thought sidewinder, and visualized the case.

Mamba micro pros are the only ESC's in the 1/18th flavor I personally would use with a brushed motor
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post

The rig is:

Bully axles, lightened
Fubar Skeeter chassis
Castle Mamba Max (1)
Hitec HS-7955TG steering servo (new since the original CKRC one cracked a case ther first day)
CC BEC
Masher 2000 all terrain tires
Berg rims
Futaba 3PMx (I've had this for a while)
Motors.....not sure as they are covered

I reviewed the CC ECS settings and they match what Chris (the battery guy) showed in his thread.
I have played with a few other items but to no avail.
A little Belated sorry. Been out for a while. Have you tried re-calibrating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
I ran into a similar issue with my MMP, I would have to double tap reverse or wait at neutral for 2 sec. I updated the castle link software and the firmware for the esc. It now had a Crawler reverse feature with takes away the need for a 2 sec pause, it also had 213% drag brake setting. The Crawler reverse function is new, I'm not sure why my setup worked fine one day and not the crawlerut the Crawler reverse function took care of the issue and I still have awesome drag brake strength.
I hated the crawler reverse. It was too slow. I want full speed F/R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg1rc View Post
Going to switch to 2 micro pros (when I receive them) and have a question. When I wire up two esc's do I remove the power wire from the second esc that attaches to the third channel on the receiver? Using a 3PKS spectrum w/sr3500 rec. In the mean time I want to try a BR-XL and Sidewinder together. Do you think these will work together?

Thanks,
Neil
I couldnt tell you. I always run a BEC. Not sure how compatible the Holmes ESC will be. I am sure it will work, but not sure how close they will perform together.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
A little Belated sorry. Been out for a while. Have you tried re-calibrating?
Done deal, it is all worked out.

Since you were "late" can I have a discount on the next 2 1300mah 3S packs I will be ordering from your site??

Thanks for the follow-up though.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

I'm having trouble finding full specs on the mamba micro pro... Like motor types and sizes. Anybody have any info?
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
I'm having trouble finding full specs on the mamba micro pro... Like motor types and sizes. Anybody have any info?
Like this...... http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...micro_pro.html ??