Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba Micros failure?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RAM View Post
What is the main difference between the MMPro, and the Sidewinder Micro besides no heatsink?
this was discussed here

Mamba Micro Pro vs Sidewinder Micro
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

XR10 with 2 MMPs
40T Broods
1050mah 40C 3S.
Stock 14tooth pinions.

I can get them nice and warm on the first pack. Never had an issue with them quitting or glitching at all. I will run back to back packs hard. Everything gets warm but keeps going. I'm not worried with this setup.

I have bound it up so hard, it popped ALL but 3 ball ends on the links. 2 on the skid and one on the links. The rest all popped out. I noticed a severe lack of articulation and had to check the link ends.

So yeah, the MMPs held up to some good beatings.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
I think you'll be happy if you do step up to the 3S packs. What I learned from my conversation with the guys at Castle was that you don't want to error on the side of not enough power being available. That makes the ESC's work harder to do the same thing.

I think about it like this...if you put a 4 cylinder motor in a 3/4 ton diesel truck and try to pull the same load as you would with the diesel the 4 cylinder MIGHT make it move but it has to work A LOT harder to do it.

The ESC's are only going to draw as much power as is needed by the motors. That's where the amperage comes in. 35t motors are going to use more amps than 45t motors in the same situation. That's why it seems to be recommended to stick with 45t and above with 3S.

Hope this helps...
yeah i was thinking thats why everyone elses were "cool" and mine would be warm they are still kinda far from hot but wondering if summer temps will be a problem i like my setup as it is but may change to a 3s if temps get worst. i love them and for the month or so i had to wait for castle to repair my esc i used a sidewinder micro on my rear motor and it worked just as good and got no warmer thank the heat sinked mamba
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Hey everyone! I am looking at the Micro's myself. Just curious how you wire them in? I have seen a million diagrams for the fxr's. Curious if it's the same concept? Also, are you running a bec with them?
pmikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Just wondering what pinions most of yall are running and what kind of temps you are seeing on 3s.

I just plugged mine in tonight and they are around 125 *F after very little use. What is "too hot"?

Oh I have a 15t & 14t pinion in there.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

XR10 w/ dual mamba micro pros
25T HH Torquemaster Pros
3S 1000MAH 25C Turnigy Lipos
12T pinion Front/ 10T Rear

Used the micros for the first time last weekend, was super suprised how smooth they were even compared to my mamba max pro I was running.
Ran 4 courses and they were got warm to the touch but not even close to being hot, even bound the thing up pretty hard and still not hot
BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote