Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Setting Up Dual Fxrs & Qs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
You are talented if you can push both buttons and plug in the battery at the same time. Took me like 20 minutes to get it haha.
Hint: you don't have to plug in the battery at the same time on the Tekins. You can just hit the buttons
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Hint: you don't have to plug in the battery at the same time on the Tekins. You can just hit the buttons
Haha, you beat me to that reply Josh!!
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Wait a second, I thought you had to turn them on with the button held...Blowing my mind! Wow, I wasted a bit of time doing that then...
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Wait a second, I thought you had to turn them on with the button held...Blowing my mind! Wow, I wasted a bit of time doing that then...
Yeah, just hold the button down a few seconds (3) and it will go into calibration mode, it's way easy.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Im still pretty confused but I'll keep reading to understand what to do.
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Okay I have not touched my xr since this question because im all actuality I have not the slightest clue how to fix this problem, got my fxr button setup the same on both, not sure how to re-calibrate both escs at once (what the hell is calibrating beyond the button setup on the fxrs?). Also not sure how to time my motors, what are the endbells? Do both motors wanna be timed the same?

Sorry for the rediculous questions but I am not very humble to electronics (especially MOA) and have already had a close call with almost poofing my whole electronic setup.

I red HHs motor timing page but dont quite understand it lol

Thanks

PS Im prepared to be flamed for this post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #27
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Okay I have not touched my xr since this question because im all actuality I have not the slightest clue how to fix this problem, got my fxr button setup the same on both, not sure how to re-calibrate both escs at once (what the hell is calibrating beyond the button setup on the fxrs?). Also not sure how to time my motors, what are the endbells? Do both motors wanna be timed the same?

Sorry for the rediculous questions but I am not very humble to electronics (especially MOA) and have already had a close call with almost poofing my whole electronic setup.

I red HHs motor timing page but dont quite understand it lol

Thanks

PS Im prepared to be flamed for this post

The instructions on your FXR's will tell you how to calibrate them. You hold down the Mode button on both ESC's until they enter the throttle calibration setup and then just follow the instructions.

Yes both motors are timed the same, a few degrees advanced on each one is good or you can just run them at zero. For simplicity zero may be best for you. Just line up the line on the endbell with the line on the can.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Okay I understand now I think, then thats where the rubberband around the throttle comes into play so you can do both fxr calibrations at one?

As far as the endbell, is that the plastic end with the solder posts and springs and such on it, just loosen and turn yes? I see the marks everyone speaks of too just wanna make sure I dont have to actually pull the what im thinking is the endbell off the can.

Thanks Harley
Old 03-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #29
20K Club

Quote:
Okay I understand now I think, then thats where the rubberband around the throttle comes into play so you can do both fxr calibrations at one?

As far as the endbell, is that the plastic end with the solder posts and springs and such on it, just loosen and turn yes? I see the marks everyone speaks of too just wanna make sure I dont have to actually pull the what im thinking is the endbell off the can.

Thanks Harley
Yeah, I use a rubberband on Castle stuff but it isn't needed on FXR's. Just hit both buttons until they go into calibration. Read the instructions on that.

Yeah thats the endbell.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Rock on, I will print this info out and give it a whirl tonight when I get home, I am really anxious to get this thing on the rocks because I have money into it and was confused on what to do but thanks, and to all who had an input on this
Old 03-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

One more question, since the motors on the XR face the opposite direction and my rear motor is wired backwards, does that mean I have to time them differant or just make sure both motors are on the same timing mark?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
20K Club

Quote:
One more question, since the motors on the XR face the opposite direction and my rear motor is wired backwards, does that mean I have to time them differant or just make sure both motors are on the same timing mark?
If you time them to zero then they are the same. If you advance the front a few degrees you need to do the opposite to the rear. Make sure they are the exact same.