Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
To reverse a servo:
1. Enter the programming mode and use the MODE key to access the REVR function.
2. Use the SELECT key to select the channel you wish to reverse.
3. Push the DATA INPUT lever downward for 0.5 seconds to reverse the servo (REV), or push
the lever upward for 0.5 seconds to make the servo operate normally (NOR). The arrow will
indicate the condition of the servo (normal or reversed).
4. Use the SELECT key to display other channels to be reversed.

okay thanks now we got that problem fixed. so now just the BEC
ZackMicF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
That's the easiest way to do it but I have seen some run the power directly to the servo from the exBEC and use the FXR BEC to power up the receiver.
thanks for the reply ty. ya ive seen it both way in the bec wiring thread but wasnt sure if one way is "better" then the other.
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
So you pull Reverse, the LEDs light up from LEFT to RIGHT and the truck goes forward?
i fixed that problem. so now when i push to go forward it goes forward with the LEDs going Left to Right
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
sorry, little hijack here.

so you recommend running the exbec threw the rx and not directly to the servo? im setting up my fxr right now too and would like to have to only do it once. thanks!!
Nother option -- I run a Hitec 7954 with 2S and the servo box said it's 2s safe. So I called Hitec tech support and he said no need for a bec on their popular 79xx series if you run 2S. Just hook the servo power straight to the battery plug. And of course the signal wire (only) to RX/Ch1. So for this you leave all three esc wires connected in order to power the RX.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Ok now when the bec is wired to the battery does the yellow light come on? Its under the shrink wrap but you should still be able to see it shine through.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Ok now when the bec is wired to the battery does the yellow light come on? Its under the shrink wrap but you should still be able to see it shine through.
is it suppose to light up when it's plugged in or when i plug it into the receiver?

lets say if i just hook it up to the battery and ot plug it in. it's suppose to light up?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Its hard to tell from the pic but that looks like an awful lot of solder on those posts. None of them are touching are they? They look a lot like cold joints also.
also looks to me in this picrure you don't have the ext bec hooked up so yes the servo is pulling the power away and makin you esc glitch out

keep in mind when you run the bec and it is all hooked up the right way and all is good your bec will be constantly powered until you unplug the battery even tho you switch off power to the fxr

and as said above i would have a serious look into those solder joints
scorpion_ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackMicF View Post
is it suppose to light up when it's plugged in or when i plug it into the receiver?

lets say if i just hook it up to the battery and ot plug it in. it's suppose to light up?
yes the bec should light up if you hook it up to the battery ....there is no switch for the bec so connect and its on

this in turn powers the reciever when plugged in and that feed more amperage to the steering servo that is why you pull the red wire from the esc plug

if you want full power to the servo you can reprogram the bec and run direct to servo to achieve the full output from the bec thus leaving the esc's bec to power the reciever

are you confused yet ......hope not

Last edited by scorpion_ax; 11-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

i just took a better pic. let me load it up real quick
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

and i cleaned up my messy solder job
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

sorry about my heat shrink mess too. but the BEC is not plugged into the receiver

is it okay were i have BEC wired to for power? straight off the FXR's power post?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

here is a clean picture so to fully understand bec wiring direct to the servo for full power capabilities providing you HAVE a servo that can handle a voltage increase for more torque

Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

ok so those pics look good so now you should be plugging that bec into a spare socket in the reciever ....try maybe the bind socket and remember to pull the red lead from the fxr BEFORE plugging in the bec and battery

remember the bec is going to have constant power now that it is direct to the battery so the fxr switch will NOT control power to it

that should fix you up if the radio and fxr is all calibrated and linked good now
Old 11-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

here is another referance pic for you hope this helps out

disregard where its says the battery voltages in the picture that is just a voltage rating that the castle bec is rated for no the FXR

Last edited by scorpion_ax; 11-01-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

is there any way to test to make sure my BEC is working right?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Check it with a voltmeter at the receiver plug end. It should read the volts you set it at (if it's a CC BEC set by CC Link). If you didn't set the output voltage then you should see 5 or 6 volts at the plug.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

i think mines broke or something. i'll just have to buy a new one tomoro. other then that my ESC is working fine long as i don't turn real hard real past repeatively
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

you could always go direct to the servo to see if there is an issue with the bec ....... on another note have you hooked it up to the castle link to try and program it this will tell you if the bec is hooped too. you wont be able to connect to it if it is in fact no good .....

i have had a few issues with the castle bec's fried three of them in a week so i stepped up to heyok's no brainer bec custom built to 7.4 volts out and has never failed me no
his bec is complete plug and play and works seamlessly direct to servo with no wiring alterations

Last edited by scorpion_ax; 11-01-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

All those solder joints probably arent helping...Looks like you have 2 per wire on the output?!?!

You can buy some servo plugs and a pair of crimpers and crimp on new connectors after trimming the wires down to your desired length.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_ax View Post
here is a clean picture so to fully understand bec wiring direct to the servo for full power capabilities providing you HAVE a servo that can handle a voltage increase for more torque

just my 2 cents this is the better way to do it because you dont loose your lipo cutoff like if you hook the exbec to the reciever
sidehill is offline   Reply With Quote