Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidehill View Post
just my 2 cents this is the better way to do it because you dont loose your lipo cutoff like if you hook the exbec to the reciever
That is incorrect, either way your lipo cutoff works just the same. All the lipo cutoff does is stop applying voltage to the motor, it has nothing to do with turning off the receiver.

Any way you slice it adding a bec makes the SWITCH on the esc useless since whatever the BEC goes to will not be controlled by the switch. That is actually not a problem because the switches tend to go bad quickly. It is advisable to cut out the switch and solder the wires together, then you can just tuck it in the case of the ESC out of the way. Now all you have to do to turn on your rig is plug the battery in, to turn it off just unplug it.

Its actually better to unplug the battery anyways, even with the switch off and no BEC there will be a small amount of current leaving the battery. After a couple hours/days/weeks your new lipo will drain below the "safe" voltage and be an expensive paper weight that may blow up or catch on fire.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tekin FXR issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
That is incorrect, either way your lipo cutoff works just the same. All the lipo cutoff does is stop applying voltage to the motor, it has nothing to do with turning off the receiver.

Any way you slice it adding a bec makes the SWITCH on the esc useless since whatever the BEC goes to will not be controlled by the switch. That is actually not a problem because the switches tend to go bad quickly. It is advisable to cut out the switch and solder the wires together, then you can just tuck it in the case of the ESC out of the way. Now all you have to do to turn on your rig is plug the battery in, to turn it off just unplug it.

Its actually better to unplug the battery anyways, even with the switch off and no BEC there will be a small amount of current leaving the battery. After a couple hours/days/weeks your new lipo will drain below the "safe" voltage and be an expensive paper weight that may blow up or catch on fire.
Wiring up my Wraith, Tekin FXR, CC BEC, and FlySky GT-3B RX. Removing the FXR on/off switch does not affect ESC programming or anything?

I've got the stock electronics box in stock location for RX, a similar sized Traxxas box for the ESC on passenger floorboards, and not sure where my BEC is going...tight fit all around...suggestions?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Wiring up my Wraith, Tekin FXR, CC BEC, and FlySky GT-3B RX. Removing the FXR on/off switch does not affect ESC programming or anything?

I've got the stock electronics box in stock location for RX, a similar sized Traxxas box for the ESC on passenger floorboards, and not sure where my BEC is going...tight fit all around...suggestions?
No the switch is not needed for anything except turning the ESC off, your battery connector is a better switch anyways as it wont go bad and it wont get hit by accident and turn off.

As far as fitting everything it can be a bit challenging at times but just keep playing with it until you get everything fitting well. Sometimes you just have to be a little creative.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, just wanted to be sure. Thought about shrink wrapping my RX, but that won't help much. FXR and BEC are already as small as they're gonna get....lol. Dangit....hmmmm....really wanted my BEC in the box with FXR (wiring is cleaner this way) but that is harder than fitting it with the RX.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote