Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: BLS157 Glitching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question BLS157 Glitching

ok i just installed a new bls157 and it is glitching and making my motors go every few seconds. any ideas? i unplug it and put in my 7950 and no problem. tried adjusting endpoints and rearranging my antenna and nothing. not sure what to do other than call futaba. thanks for any help
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: BLS157 Glitching

i turned both motors off with my 4pk(so i was in front and rear dig, i didnt actually unplug them) and started turning the wheel back and forth very quickly and the reciever turned red and my bec blinks then it jumps the motors like i just full throtled it for 1 sec then let go. its like the servo is sending signals to the speed controllers? tried the exact same thing with my 7950 and again it worked great
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

How is the BEC wired in?
What radio?

I'm guessing the BEC is direct to the servo, the black wire from the BEC output is NOT to the RX and you're running a Spektrum radio?

OK, how close am I?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
RCC Addict

it is not to the servo it is going through the reciever. its set at 7.2v and im running a 4pk. sorry for not saying that.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

No problem, it just sounded like a similar issue.

Did you check the steering EPA's?? It's possible you are stalling the servo out and that is causing the glitching. The EPA for one servo may not be the same as the other servo.

You want the EPA set just short of where the steering linkage stops moving.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
No problem, it just sounded like a similar issue.

Did you check the steering EPA's?? It's possible you are stalling the servo out and that is causing the glitching. The EPA for one servo may not be the same as the other servo.

You want the EPA set just short of where the steering linkage stops moving.
yep checkd all that. i even turned my subtrim to 0 and put both epas at 50 and it still does it. im doing this without the servo actually installed. i just plug it into my receiver and it starts doing that stuff. im thinking i just got a bad one.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

It's always possible. Since you've tried other servos in the set-up & they worked OK, yes, you may have a funky servo.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
RCC Addict

well futaba just emailed me and they said it past all their bench testing. i included a note explainging to them how it was installed, all my wiring, what bec i use and the voltage my bec is set at, the batterys i use, the speedos i use in all vehicles tested, and other servos i use and tested in all three trucks to verify it is indeed this servo. they asked in the email what batterys i use and that i may need a different bec or get the one im using checked out since it draws alot of power. i called and they said that is sounds like its sending my speed controllers into battery fail safe mode. think this is it? what could i do to stop that if so. im using cheapbatterypacks 3s 1000mah battery and then i tried also some 3s 5000mah packs that i use in my scalers all of which were fully charged and got the same reaction in all trucks with all batterys. im tuckered out on it lol. anyone ideas?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I got a that servo too and use a CCBEC all in conjunction with a 4pk. I have had similar issues with servos when the servo wire is running to close to the motor. It is simple to check just move the servo wire as far away form the motor as possible.

When I did that my problem stopped so I used a piece of shrink tube over my servo wires to better shield them. I also positioned my motor protector (cut down piece of teflon tubing) to cover the motor all they way up by the servo as the motor and metal servo body can also be a spot for interfernece.

Both of these happened to me. The servo wire issues was on my super when I switched from a 7950 to a 7980. The motor issue was actually more of use issue. I had a berg previously and the berg servo mount got pushed back to were the servo was touching the motor. This caused glitching issues and eventually it happened again at a comp were I lost an ESC and BEC because of it.

I do agree that it happening on 3 differnt trucks is quite strange.

Good luck to ya

Last edited by RCROCIN'; 01-18-2012 at 04:17 PM.
RCROCIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCROCIN' View Post
I got a that servo too and use a CCBEC all in conjunction with a 4pk. I have had similar issues with servos when the servo wire is running to close to the motor. It is simple to check just move the servo wire as far away form the motor as possible.

When I did that my problem stopped so I used a piece of shrink tube over my servo wires to better shield them. I also positioned my motor protector (cut down piece of teflon tubing) to cover the motor all they way up by the servo as the motor and metal servo body can also be a spot for interfernece.

Both of these happened to me. The servo wire issues was on my super when I switched from a 7950 to a 7980. The motor issue was actually more of use issue. I had a berg previously and the berg servo mount got pushed back to were the servo was touching the motor. This caused glitching issues and eventually it happened again at a comp were I lost an ESC and BEC because of it.

I do agree that it happening on 3 differnt trucks is quite strange.

Good luck to ya
thanks. i tried it installed and not installed so the servo wires not even within 5 inches of the motor. so im not sure but im hoping thats not th issue but if it is i guess i just bougt a really expensive paper weight

BLS157 Glitching - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
glitching scx10mudder Electronics 0 02-16-2011 11:21 PM
glitching? 88gmchog Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 12-25-2009 08:13 AM
AM glitching 47willysbuggy Electronics 1 07-01-2009 10:06 AM
Glitching HELP! Lawrence_0485 Electronics 2 06-06-2007 09:23 AM
help with glitching! TOYUTAH Electronics 6 05-30-2007 06:57 AM