Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: My first build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
FHM

Default My first build

My first build is a Venom Creeper. My question is: I have a TowardPro servo and a Venom fireball t-50 motor. Both my servo and motor sing. Is that normal? My 2nd question: When going forward my creeper is slow taking off, but gets up to speed. But in reverse it takes off fast. Is this a binding up problem?
FHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #2

Default Re: My first build

Hey I just built a creeper too. Great truck.
I have that motor, but as a spare and have not tried it. Other brushed motors I have used have made a whining sound when running, not sure if this is what you are hearing. Never had a servo whine though.
As for the slow forward, do you feel any binding when manually turning the tires?
What ESC are you using?
Dangerous Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
FHM

That is quite a name you have. Yes, it is definitely motor whine I am hearing. I put my ear to the servo, no whine. When I manually turned the tires. The right front is binding up. Maybe I over tighten something, somewhere. Any suggestions? The ESC that I am using is the Duratrax Intellispeed. My radio is a Futaba T2PH 2 channel. Thanks for your time Dangerous.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

A little motor whine is fine, it may also be the motor pinion to spur gear mesh is not quite correct.

The motor may be set-up for the other rotation, thus it has some timing in it. This would mean you have more reverse power than forward power. You can check the timing and likely change it if needed (some motors are fixed timing, not sure on yours).

As to steering, disconnect the linkage from the servo, try to get it so the steering is free moving from full left to full right, this will save your servo.
Once that is set, you may be able to set steering EPA's. This is a radio function that will stop the servo BEFORE the steering hits solid bits.

I can't find a radio manual with a quick search.

Another thread here abaout your motor, stock it's set to 0* timing...... Venom fireball 50t

Last edited by Charlie-III; 01-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHM View Post
That is quite a name you have. Yes, it is definitely motor whine I am hearing. I put my ear to the servo, no whine. When I manually turned the tires. The right front is binding up. Maybe I over tighten something, somewhere. Any suggestions? The ESC that I am using is the Duratrax Intellispeed. My radio is a Futaba T2PH 2 channel. Thanks for your time Dangerous.
If your right front is binding when you turn the wheels, loosen the wheel nut a little and see if that is where the problem is. If it doesn't change, I would tear down the axle and find out what is binding.
Dangerous Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
FHM

Thanks to all for giving me the direction to the areas that I need to address. Now that I know, this gives me the opportunity to look around the forum and find the information that I need, instead of wasting everybody time with noob questions. This is a great forum. FHM

My first build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
TC's CDW Chump RT build/re-build TC09mini Axial XR10 250 09-14-2012 12:42 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
The Build Video - Full Build On YouTube motorider420 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 09-29-2008 03:36 PM