Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle creations slow repair time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Castle creations slow repair time

I sent In a castle sidewinder and a bec to castle creations about five or six months ago for a non warenty repair and I still havent heard from them. This really makes me consider never purchasing anything from them again. Is anybody else experiencing this?
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Castle creations slow repair time

I would say it got lost. They have taken a month, even a little longer for my past repairs, but 5 is a little long. Maybe a phone call would work better than bitching on an Internet forum at getting you answers.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Have you contacted them yet?
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I just got my warrenty repair back, it had been almost 3 months. I would call, and email them.

after I emailed them it was about 2weeks and I got it back. But never got a real response to my email like they said I should in 24-48hours.

Last edited by 92LILREDYJ; 04-11-2012 at 08:32 AM.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Fan of wheelspeed

My MMP fried during bench testing after I bought it new. I sent it in on Feb 27th. I just recieved a email a few days ago saying it has been shipped out. I have been through multiple emails, phone calls...I even faxed them. I've spoke with repair dept administrators and techs as well. Dont expect anything fast out of them for a long time as they are buried up to their necks in repairs.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
JSN
Quarry Creeper

CALL THEM.... it's taken a just over a month to get my MMP replaced, it's in the mail now.

I sent this out over a month ago, after knowing they had received it(tracking) and not getting a response after two weeks I called them... it was not in the system but the guy took all my info and I approved payment. two weeks later and still nothing... no email nothing. So, I called again... this time they had my MMP in que BUT had no payment information so, I gave them the info AGAIN. two days later no e-mail nothing, AGAIN I call..." that shipped yesterday" well thanks for letting me know

I know these folks are busy... in my case it's been a reasonable amount of time BUT communication at castle SUCKS.
JSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I've never had to deal with Castles' warranty/repair service. I can't believe their turn around time and customer service is so bad.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The first time I called wich was about three months ago they said they recieved it and it was in line for repair. I waited a month then decided to email them and then they said the same thing through a email. I waited another month then I tried to call them and call them and call them and I can't get ahold of anybody. Sorry but castle creations customer service sucks and I WILL complain about that so suck a nut voilator . Im just trying to see if anyone else is having the same problems as I. I have sent other stuff to them and it took about a month but this is Ridiculous.
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner View Post
The first time I called wich was about three months ago they said they recieved it and it was in line for repair. I waited a month then decided to email them and then they said the same thing through a email. I waited another month then I tried to call them and call them and call them and I can't get ahold of anybody. Sorry but castle creations customer service sucks and I WILL complain about that so suck a nut voilator . Im just trying to see if anyone else is having the same problems as I. I have sent other stuff to them and it took about a month but this is Ridiculous.

I bet they heard how bad Utards are and figured it was better to not return your stuff or you might copy it and sell it as your own.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

haha
I sent in a mmp and a mamba monster. It took 3 weeks for them to email me saying they received them. After that, I called every other week. Finally got through to someone, and the holdup was that they did not have stock of my mmp sct and mamba monster. They did have normal mmps in stock, as well as traxxas mamba monsters.... which is noo difference except they have traxxas connectors. All in all it took 2.5 months to get mine back
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Never had it take anywhere near that long. I have 15 CC esc's, only had two need repair. One was my fault. Reversed polarity the MMP in my 17.5 TC, they replaced it free of charge. The other was a Mamba 25. Smoked on the bench after years of hard use, also replaced free. The MMP took about a month, 25 about a month and a half. I do think making esc's for all these other companies has affected the quality of some products and sounds like customer service as well.
cherokee95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #12

I sent my mamba monster, and it took them about two month until i got it back.
ebay007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

well, I think I had a great experience with their customer service
I had two SV2 ESC went back for warranty/repair service last year, it only took them about one month until I get it back from them.
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

They have my sv2. Its been about 3 weeks. A friend of mine had to send in his 1410 motor and that took a good month and a half to 2 months.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I have never had a problem getting them by phone. I have talked to Patrick via PM's and emails several times. I have also talked to several others over their with no issues.

The only repair that ever took more than a month for me was my original MMM which was the first run and I had one of the first few out the door. My SV2 made it back in about 3 weeks.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay007 View Post
I sent my mamba monster, and it took them about two month until i got it back.
Last summe my Mamba Monster setup only lasted maybe 5 minutes before it died! It took 3 months after I sent it in....then called them AGAIN, got a bit pushy (which I don't normally do, but I was pissed) and then it shows up a week later! WTF?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

wow..5 months..

ive never had 1 take over a month to get back to me..

castle is just about all i buy..
they've always gotten me taken care of fairly quick in repairs.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscaler View Post
well, I think I had a great experience with their customer service
I had two SV2 ESC went back for warranty/repair service last year, it only took them about one month until I get it back from them.
One month is acceptable to you?

It took me a month to get back my brand new MMP after it smoked on my first run, I was not happy...I would have rather had them give me my money back so I could go buy another one because they were out of stock when I sent it in.

2 weeks or less is acceptable in my mind but over that and it will weigh on my mind next time I buy something.

I had a tekin motor go back at the same time as that MMP and it was back in my hands in 2 weeks and they had great correspondence the whole time unlike Castle who never contacted me until the 3 week mark after I emailed them to make sure they actually got my ESC.

Lets go over it, I had my Tekin product back before I even got conformation that Castle received their product back.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle creations slow repair time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle repair? cartronicshn Electronics 44 10-17-2012 09:16 AM
Castle creations BEC and castle link? ProfitOfDoom Electronics 25 04-23-2009 07:52 PM