Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Savox anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Savox anyone?

Okay, just picked up a SA-1231SG, from savox. Got to good a deal on it, not to give it a shot. Anyone know who the hell savox is?lolol I mean we all have our favorite hardware. I trust the brands i've been using for years. But, BAM!! Heeeer's....savox! Now these servos are everywhere! Anybody remember the car audio company lanzar, from the 90's? All the rage, for about 10 mins. Rigs that used to sport the almost obligatory 7954, now sport these savox's. Are you folks having good luck with them so far? I need to pick up another servo for a scaler soon. Before i drop more jack on another savox, would love to hear from some folks who've been running them for awhile. Thanks all.
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Savox anyone?

Yup. I still have my first Savox servo i got like 2 years ago in my scaler. Its been through sand mud snow and the rocks and throws around aluminum wheels and sticky tires like nothing. Heck i even got a backup servo cause i thought the OG was going out. Nope. I have yet to use the spare

While Savox may be kind of an out there brand they have awesome parts. You should have no trouble with them
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I've had a 1256 in my Wraith since last fall. Absolutely no issues other than a slight buzzing, which seems to be normal from what I've read.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i just picked up 2 Savox 1230SG and i love them, i put one in my scx10 and my wraith and it turns both of them faster and strong then my windshield wipers on my truck
ZackMicF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I had the 1268 in my Wraith. For speed it did fine, as for the rocks it sucked. It never turned when/where i wanted it to and got me in positions I didn't want to be in. All though I never burnt it up it never performed how I thought it should. I swapped it oput for a High Tec like I run in all of my other rigs.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #6

I've got the 1231sg, but I've only got one run on it in my wraith due to other parts going completely missing. But so far, it seems awesome. Torque by the boat loads on the rocks. I'll have to see how it does once I get the replacement parts I need. So far though, totally impressed and I'm only running the stock cc bec voltage to it.
bsplyr500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

"Buzzing" in a digital servo is normal. It goes away if you wiggle the steering wheel or pick the rig up. Pretty much all digitals do this, although some are a little louder than others.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #8

The savox 1258 has been pretty much the standard in short course racing for awhile now. I put a 1283 in my scx10 and its awesome.

Last edited by Honcho Legger; 07-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Honcho Legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Excellent stuff guys! Much appreciated! I got the berg out on the rocks for its 1stbit of action since putting the savox in. I'm impressed! So far. I'm embarrassed to say, when i pulled it out of its little box, it took me a minute to realize it had a full metal case. Looks plastic. Do wonder why the one rated to have less torque than mine got the cool silver case treatment tho. I'd think they'd all get it once you pass a certain price point, or spec rating?
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Savox is a quite well known brand in Europe. I'm still using a 3 year old Savox servo that's been in my scaler, short course and off-road trucks.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I have one in my comp rig, and it is getting replaced soon. It does not have the torque they claim. It will be a great servo for my scaler, but for the comp rig it sucks. I bind/stall it constantly
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Just bite the bullet and buy a High Tec the first time and don't worry about it. Too many problems with Savox and a crap warranty. They will not warranty stripped gears and they are $32 a set. High Tec will cover anything no questions asked within the warranty period and often after it's up.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Running a 1230SG on my ridgecrest, same on my ax10, and a 1283sg on the front of my wraith, 1268sg rear. Never had a problem with any of them, and they all perform awesome on 4.8v (or whatever stock bec is set at). Local hobby shop says if you ever kill one, bring it and he will hand you a new one. Never had to.
stricker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

well i bought a 1231sg i hooked it to the brxl after setting the bec to 5.5, this servo is stopping the truck and stalling abuddy has a cap that plugs into his rx to help his rig from that issue. but didnot help mine... tho it kinda seemed to slow the stall a slight bit.i didnt run it either time for more than a minute when i saw the stall i shut it down. went back to the weak azz D772 solar and run my comp. sending back to savox.
anyone have this happen?
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
well i bought a 1231sg i hooked it to the brxl after setting the bec to 5.5, this servo is stopping the truck and stalling abuddy has a cap that plugs into his rx to help his rig from that issue. but didnot help mine... tho it kinda seemed to slow the stall a slight bit.i didnt run it either time for more than a minute when i saw the stall i shut it down. went back to the weak azz D772 solar and run my comp. sending back to savox.
anyone have this happen?

Thats what you get
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
anyone have this happen?

Why would you set the bec that low? Crank that fawker up to 6.0 minimum. I run nothing less than 7.4 volts through all my servo's regardless of factory ratings, 2 of which are savox servos.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Why would you set the INTERNALbec that low? Crank that fawker up to 6.0 minimum. I run nothing less than 7.4 volts through all my servo's regardless of factory ratings, 2 of which are savox servos.

Fixed the post highlighting the biggest fail of them all. Although buying a shitbox servo is right there.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
Just bite the bullet and buy a High Tec the first time and don't worry about it. Too many problems with Savox and a crap warranty. They will not warranty stripped gears and they are $32 a set. High Tec will cover anything no questions asked within the warranty period and often after it's up.
They warranty mine no prob. but the motor stopped working
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Fixed the post highlighting the biggest fail of them all. Although buying a shitbox servo is right there.

Internal, external whatever. I didn't mention where it was located and since the OP is the one who set it I figure he knows where it's located therefore there is no fail. Keep trying though, it's cute.

You don't like savox, I get it. I like whatever works and for what I have savox works fine. I won't bore you with the details of the hitec servos that have smoked for no apparent reason and once back from warranty service puked before getting the tires dirty.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I have ran lots of servos in the last 20 plus years and have always had Hitec but now I have a Savox 2270 sg and its a monster. It is 347 inch pounds at 6 v and 444 at 7 v .It has to have a bec ot run off of 7.2 lipo.Its a bit noisy but I love it.
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote

Savox anyone? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
savox 0251 bikerpyro Electronics 4 05-16-2012 10:27 AM
Savox sc 1258 Tg vegas1973 Electronics 2 03-23-2011 03:00 PM
savox servo weese78 RC4WD Bully 5 01-22-2011 12:33 PM