Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual esc wanamix?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #1

Default Dual esc wanamix?

I'm looking to change some things on my xr. Currently running M2 works ok. I'm unsure to go dual esc with wanamix I'm running a 3pmx tx. I am not super hardcore w comps but like good reliable setups. So big question is single esc (CC or tekin) and punk or rc4wd dig, or wanamix and dual, or duals and hacked GT3C? Any thoughts or opinions would be great. Thanks
Gtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dual esc wanamix?

Don't think Punk dig can do proprotional, its only front or rear dig. Wanamix can have both (dig and proportional) depends on Tx. Don't want to sound too cheeky but I do have a wannamix that I dont need (i got 4pl now), so if you are interested I can let it go for a small sum of $, only problem is I am in Australia so will take a while to arrive. PM me if interested.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
Got Worms?

I'd recommend a GT3C and dual esc's
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dual esc WantAmix?

I have a 2.2 Bully with dual FX-R's, 3PM-x & a WantAmix.
I have a XR-10 with dual CC Sidewinder Micros on a hacked GT3B.

Both work well.

I say do dual ESC's, then decide if you want to do a radio change now or later. WantAmix is cheaper now, hacked GT3B is cheaper in the long run.

I started with a single ESC and a servo dig. it worked, but not as well as the other 2 options.

PS, I ran a M2 for a while on the hacked GT3B, I could never get a decent set-up so I sold the M2 off.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Dual ECS's is a must if you want proportional mixing. As far as getting the dual's to operate. You can use the want-a-mix with many different radio's, or the GT3, 4pl, 4pk. You will have to look into each of these options to figure what you like best.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Dual esc's all the way!!! Get some sidewinder micro's and the gt3 and be done most cost effective option on the market!!! If money were not an issue I would go with the 4pl or 4pks but nothing wrong with the gt3, I just like the feel of the 4pl better is all. Do some research on the radio's to see if and when some of the other functions may come into play in your future because if your gonna get a wraith and want a winch with rear steer and lights that work of a switch well a hacked gt3 is the only 1 that will do all those functions!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Got Worms?

Its not a GT3 its a GT3B or a GT3C. Please don't forget the letter. I've had numerous angry emails because people buy a gt3 thinking it can be hacked.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Its not a GT3 its a GT3B or a GT3C. Please don't forget the letter. I've had numerous angry emails because people buy a gt3 thinking it can be hacked.

Sorry, i'll just reference them both from now on as I was just being lazy.THe GT3B or GT3C are both great radio's!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #9

Thanks for the input guys, seems like the hacked gt3c or b will be my best option. Pick up a new tx and buy dual Esc in a couple weeks. I imagine losikids website is best ordering route, just a couple questions regarding all the differences available.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtew View Post
Thanks for the input guys, seems like the hacked gt3c or b will be my best option. Pick up a new tx and buy dual Esc in a couple weeks. I imagine losikids website is best ordering route, just a couple questions regarding all the differences available.
Yep, buy it through www.OverKillRC.com already hacked and add the VR mod.
I have no issues with the steering bearing yet, so mine is still stock, it's your choice though.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #11

It's on the way, got the one with al the stuff done to it. VR mod? Not sure as to what exactly that is.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

It's a voltage regulator mod which is a whole new one which makes the tx able to run off 2s lipo and makes the battery last much longer between charges as it is more efficient

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Dual esc wanamix? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual steer - Dual esc Cliffy oldhippie Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 08-30-2010 09:47 AM
My LCC MOA - Dual ESC, BL 17.5T, Dual 3S axelram Team Losi Comp Crawler 47 06-26-2010 02:00 AM
Futaba 9CHP setup for dual steering, dual esc duartev Electronics 5 06-07-2009 08:58 AM
Dual motors, dual esc??? smartdriver Newbie General 7 08-09-2007 11:13 AM