Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: axles start turning at different times when I engage the throttle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default axles start turning at different times when I engage the throttle

I just finished wiring up the electronics and programming my axial xr10. When I start pulling the trigger to engage the throttle one axle starts turning before the other one. If I go forward the front axle starts turning a few seconds before the rear and I go into reverse the rear axle starts turning before the front. Im very new to rc crawlers and have only had rtr's in the past.

Heres my list of electronics;

2 x Tekin fxr speed controls, 2 x Tekin 35t pro handwound motors, a castle creations 10 amp bec, a Traxxis 1300mah 3s lipo with 25c discharge rating, and a Futaba 4pl transmitter with included Futaba 4 channel receiver.

Im sure its just a setting on my transmitter or one of the esc's. Anyone know what my problem could be?
J-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: axles start turning at different times when I engage the throttle

Is this issue with wheels on the ground, or, up in the air?

Sounds like "clod stall" assuming both ESC's have the same firmware & settings, running the same tooth count on the pinion gears and both motors are same brand/type & similar condition.

You can use proportional to dial some clod stall out, this is done through the TX.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

In the air but by the way it runs on the ground I think its doing it there too. Whats tx or did u mean rx? And what settings would I need to change. Would u change the pinion gear tooth count on either the front or back or just try and do it on the rx or esc's?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It could also be the motor timing is different.more than likely the fro t motor is fine but the rear motor needs the timing advanced as its likely slightly retarded timing since it spins opposite direction

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would say thats the problem I went into transmitter and switched rear throttle back to forward and now need to switch the wires on the rear motor. Would this help any?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

tx= transmitter
rx=reciever

It sounds like the FX-Rs are setup with reverse delay. Its best to run both in forward mode and wire the motors accordingly to give correct rotation.
Follow the ESCs directions and set to instant reverse. You can also adjust drag brake and other settings.
Once you get motors running together, then you can test on the ground under load. Some "clod stall" is normal but can be adjusted by using a tooth or 2 smaller on the rear or just mixing the front /rear on the TX different.
ThunderVP is offline   Reply With Quote

axles start turning at different times when I engage the throttle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tighter turning radius for Clod axles. ToTheMAXXcrawler Tamiya Clod Buster 12 07-21-2009 02:48 PM
RTR have to reverse twice to engage it? Illeagle Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 05-01-2008 01:44 PM
HELP WITH AXLES...turning radius Crash King Tamiya Clod Buster 8 05-15-2005 02:18 PM
weird turning of axles during articulation team-nyke General Crawlers 5 01-02-2005 06:06 PM