Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Thinking of a new radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #1

Default Thinking of a new radio

Im thinking of upgrading my radio. I have a dx3s right now. I like it but the 10 model memory is almost full. I range from micros to 5th scale sc to crawlers. I have 9 spectrum receivers so I was thinking of getting the dx4s but now that I have the money I was starting to think of the airtronics m11x. The price is a slight difference but is the airtronics just a cooler lookin radio with a bigger screen then the 4s. They seem to have a lot of similar features. What do you guys think? Sorry futaba people I've considered there radios and they just had a weird feel to them i didn't really care for. I do like the way they look though
rcaddict747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Thinking of a new radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaddict747 View Post
Im thinking of upgrading my radio. I have a dx3s right now. I like it but the 10 model memory is almost full. I range from micros to 5th scale sc to crawlers. I have 9 spectrum receivers so I was thinking of getting the dx4s but now that I have the money I was starting to think of the airtronics m11x. The price is a slight difference but is the airtronics just a cooler lookin radio with a bigger screen then the 4s. They seem to have a lot of similar features. What do you guys think? Sorry futaba people I've considered there radios and they just had a weird feel to them i didn't really care for. I do like the way they look though
I have the Airtronics MT4 and love it I will never go back to Spectrum, yes the receivers are more but you get what you pay for. This radio has so may different things it can do its crazy. If you going to race than the 11 is good but the MT4 is almost as good, plus its very light with a 2 cell lipo.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #3

I do race a Good amount I mainly wanted to get a 4 channel radio because I'm using old am radios for 2 of my crawlers and stock for my wraith so I want to upgrade all around everything. I also plan on getting a tf2 soon so just want to pick a badass radio for a badass truck.lol
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaddict747 View Post
I do race a Good amount I mainly wanted to get a 4 channel radio because I'm using old am radios for 2 of my crawlers and stock for my wraith so I want to upgrade all around everything. I also plan on getting a tf2 soon so just want to pick a badass radio for a badass truck.lol
I like the 11 but for me it has too much stuff I wont use, I race 4x and 2x sc trucks with my MT4. I would look at it and check it out. You might like it and you could use the extra money for you cars. Just me
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #5

I do like the mt4. only problem i have is 18 model memory. I have 16 trucks so itll fill fast. Otherwise id get that one. Id like to use 1 radio for all. I have about 4 other trucks in mind. Not to mention custom builds i plan on someday doing.lol i appriciate your feedback
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #6

I bought the DX3S because I have a lot of Losi products. I like it and haven't had a problem with it yet, but I know a lot of people hate Spektrum, especially in the 1/5th scale world.

Before I bought the DX3S, I used a Futaba 3PM-X. It is a great transmitter. If you want to buy a used one with very little use, let me know. The only reason I switched to the DX3S is because you can't bind the Futaba to the Losi micros that don't have a seperate receiver.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #7

I have a dx3s right now i just want a 4 channel radio now. I also have alot of losi. I personally havent had any problems with spektrum in any truck but i figured if im gonna upgrade to a 4 channel id consider the airtronics because it looks like a real upgrade. To go from a 3s to a 4s look wise your getting a black radio. Im still undecided.

Thinking of a new radio - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Im thinking thinking about whats next...lol buggynutt Kyosho Crawlers 6 03-08-2012 09:04 AM
Radio help. Thinking of an affordable FM. RickM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 02-16-2010 02:18 PM
Thinking of getting stick Radio boisetrucker Electronics 5 01-25-2009 10:57 AM
Thinking of getting a new radio CrawlerRon Electronics 2 07-31-2006 07:53 PM