Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum near Axial interference??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Spektrum near Axial interference??????

I have some friends I crawl with and 2 of them still use the factory axial controller and one with a Spektrum the rest of us have futaba but everytime the guy with the spektrum is around he gets interference from the axial controllers. I know it is them since they can turn them off and the rest of us still going his interference goes away but as soon as they turn the axials back on and start going it is back. Does anybody know of a way to fix this besides getting different controllers? I is kinda crazy since I didn't think the 2.4ghz stuff was suppose to do this. Thanks for any help.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Spektrum near Axial interference??????

It is a well documented problem with FlySky (and re-branded ones aka Axial) radios interfering with Spektrum radios. Our local club (me included) have problems every time we run with the radio interference. I use a Spektrum DX3E and when I am standing near a FlySky or Axial radio, my truck will get jumpy, especially if they are between me and my truck.

What I have found works best is to turn on the radio while as close to the RX as possible and without any of the FlySky or Axial radios being used. The DX3E has a red light that is the bind indicator. I can tell if there will be glitching if that light doesn't fully light within a second of turning the radio on. If it takes a few seconds to fully light, there will be glitching. I have tried turning the radio on first then the ESC, but that seems to make the glitching (interference) worse.

Power ESC, notify everyone to stop their rigs, hold radio near RX and power on. (Rinse and repeat.)
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Spektrum near Axial interference??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoungette View Post
It is a well documented problem with FlySky (and re-branded ones aka Axial) radios interfering with Spektrum radios. Our local club (me included) have problems every time we run with the radio interference. I use a Spektrum DX3E and when I am standing near a FlySky or Axial radio, my truck will get jumpy, especially if they are between me and my truck.

What I have found works best is to turn on the radio while as close to the RX as possible and without any of the FlySky or Axial radios being used. The DX3E has a red light that is the bind indicator. I can tell if there will be glitching if that light doesn't fully light within a second of turning the radio on. If it takes a few seconds to fully light, there will be glitching. I have tried turning the radio on first then the ESC, but that seems to make the glitching (interference) worse.

Power ESC, notify everyone to stop their rigs, hold radio near RX and power on. (Rinse and repeat.)
Ok we will try that. This past weekend was just the worst it has been and I figured I would try to find something on it and after doing some looking I didn't really come across any answers so I figured I would ask.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

This is news to me. Thanks for the helpful info.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect
happymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum near Axial interference?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interference source Bray D Electronics 7 02-09-2010 09:57 AM
radio interference 84CUCV HPI Wheely King 4 07-23-2008 04:13 PM
Spektrum interference issues at Nationals rockwerks Electronics 42 11-03-2007 09:17 PM