Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle programing Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #1

Default Castle programing Question

Ok so I bought a Gmade R1 to add to my collection I added the delrin skid and the hardened steel shafts right off the bat when I built it. I decided I wanted to get a little nutty with it and I threw on a castle sv2 esc and then I bolted the neu castle 5700kv motor running a 2s 20c lipo too it this thing will do standing backflips now. But that wasnt my goal I was using the motor as an experiment and trying to channel the low end torque the motor has. But I cannot get it to start soft enough and get the lower crawler speeds Im looking for. I cant change out from the stock 12t pinion yet because thats the only one I have at the moment (ordering more pinions soon) Im am working in the castle link software trying to tame it out still cant reach what I want to with it I have got the power turned back to 30% I have tried messing with the power curves still cant find that balance of power and slower speed I want. Does anyone else play with the castle software and may be able to recommend some settings I can try.
TheMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Castle programing Question

You're not going to get smooth low speed with that motor/esc combo. You'll need a sensored system to even come close.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle programing Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
castle programing Q speed ghilliesniper Electronics 7 08-10-2010 01:56 PM
React button programing question... Duuuuuuuude Electronics 16 05-15-2009 12:44 AM
MM programing question ElkySS Electronics 5 09-17-2008 05:24 PM
Castle Creations Sidewinder Programing Tech Tips Needed. 4x4Crawler4LIFE Electronics 14 03-25-2008 12:31 AM
radio programing question shrek Electronics 2 11-24-2007 09:24 PM