Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Specky DX3C aux 3pos endpoint problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #1

Default Specky DX3C aux 3pos endpoint problem

OK, I've own this tx for more than a year, and it's been great, and still is, however, I have realized lately why I have been having so much trouble with my brusier shifting servo (end points seem to drift, and even burnt out one servo ) (never had this problem with my DX3E)

According to the manual, once either the H or L end point is highlighted, one can make the adjustments. Sounds simple, however, I have noticed, that in spite of the radio highlighting only one end point, when a change is made to one of them, it also makes an adjustment to the opposite end point. So, I cannot seem to get the "sweet spot" set on both ends of my shifting servo!

This is my understanding of how the process works according to the manual. One needs to scroll through the required menus and slect "travel", then "Aux", then highlight the end points. To adjust a single end point, I turn the wheel either right or left, and the appropriate end point is highlighted. Then it's just a matter of using the scroll wheel to increase or decrease the value.

After numerous problems, I decided to adjust one end point way too narrow, so the servo hardly moved from its center position. Having than done, I then used the 3rd channel switch to test out the servo's travel. Much to my surprise, both end points where affected - meaning the servo hardly moved in both directions!!!

Is it just me missunderstanding something, or has anyone else experienced this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
minimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Specky DX3C aux 3pos endpoint problem

when you get to the part where you can change one number and the other one changes at the same time, I think if you turn your steering wheel all the way one wayand hold it there you will be able to set one end point and if you steer the other way you can do the other using the scroll wheel. I know you can do them seperate, I use the same radio with a high lift 3 speed trans with out anyproblems.

Last edited by allgm1; 06-22-2013 at 01:27 PM.
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #3

I believe you have just identified my error. I used the steering wheel to highlight the endpoint I wish to adjust, but I don't hold the steering wheel in that position while using the scroll wheel to make the change.

Thanks allgm
minimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Nfp
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Specky DX3C aux 3pos endpoint problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DX3C aux channel for dig (LED mod) 2-shot Electronics 0 06-29-2012 11:37 AM
Spektrum dx3c aux programming help Dneff13 Electronics 2 01-03-2012 10:16 PM
spektrum Dx3R 3pos aux is slow RickM Electronics 12 08-16-2010 06:40 PM