Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Winches and Controllers??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Winches and Controllers??????

I have a RC4WD Bulldog 9300 XT wireless winch on my Honcho right now it does the job but I would like something a little stronger. I have a Spektrum DX3R radio but as of now I'm running the RC4WD AX2 Transmission in my truck so its on the third channel, not wanting to buy a new 4 channel controller just to control my new winch my question is can I run either the Tziworld Beefy Winch or the Quicksand 8274 Winch using the controller unit and the remote that came with my RC4WD winch?????

Needboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Winches and Controllers??????

How much does this current rig weigh?

Not sure on that controller but I'd be weary of the extra power those servo winches may want, but I do have the Bulldog 9300xt wired to Heyok's 2 position winch controller and it pulls my 5.8lb scx10 without issue. Will even pull straight up, just slowly.

Only thing you can do is give it a shot if you want to make the rc4wd winch/controller work. If it fails get a better controller.
BuhBoombuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Best controller is heyok 4amp. Yes you will be able to use that tx for those winches. Also may want to look into kms winch..... He has new one with free spool. Good stuff over there..... So my vote is heyok 4amp controller and kms freespool winch

I currently run kms k3 with heyok 4 amp straight on 3s pulls 9.8 lb rig straight up no problemo
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needboost View Post
I have a RC4WD Bulldog 9300 XT wireless winch on my Honcho right now it does the job but I would like something a little stronger. I have a Spektrum DX3R radio but as of now I'm running the RC4WD AX2 Transmission in my truck so its on the third channel, not wanting to buy a new 4 channel controller just to control my new winch my question is can I run either the Tziworld Beefy Winch or the Quicksand 8274 Winch using the controller unit and the remote that came with my RC4WD winch?????

Hi Kyle,
It sounds like you have run out of channels.
How about a toggle switch on your third channel? One position will work your transmission, the other will work the winch controller. The only thing is that the tranny will stay in the last gear selected when you are using the winch.

If you think this will work for you, another thing to be aware of is that the transmission will have end points that are important because you don't want to stress your servo. The winch controller will want to see either two or three positions depending on what type you want to use. Probably want to stick to a two position winch controller to make it more compatible with what your transmission needs.
Hope that made sense.

Al
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote

Winches and Controllers?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Controllers ASTAR Electronics 5 01-07-2011 09:54 AM
Controllers Dillpickle Electronics 1 02-23-2010 02:45 PM
Phoenix controllers, which one do I get? Illeagle Electronics 4 11-03-2008 09:34 AM
anybody heard of these controllers? codycr6 Electronics 9 07-24-2006 08:37 PM