Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New 4 channel Spektrum, Dx4c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New 4 channel Spektrum, Dx4c

That sounds better. How did you get the full 4ws neutral and crab?
tnt-salvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

set D: AUX 2 - as 3 position - steering
set E: AUX 1 - as 3 position - winch
Pat M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I've been very happy with my DX3C for the past two years, feels great in my hand and has worked flawless. Never had the spring break or glitching some people are claiming. Run both stock Spektrum and the cheapo OrangreRx recievers. Looking to trade my DX3R Pro for a new DX4C. Really don't need any of the advanced programming options the R has, and actually dislike the size and weight of it.

How have the DX4C's been for you guys in the long run?
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Will they work with OrangeRC Gr300 DSM2?
Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

From what I have read, the DX4C won't work with Orange RX
SilmarilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

So I've read... :-( Damn, need a lot more than the one that comes with the radio.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:34 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Curious to hear some more opinions and reviews of this radio. They're running a killer deal on these right now, $99 with two receivers!
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

That's why I brought mine... I had an old SR300 with a broken TX, so for around 100$ I have a computer TX with 3 RX...
And the sell of my other TX/RX will finance the next RX for my 4th RC.
SilmarilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

just be cautuious of a current bug the dx4c has, it took me about a month and a half of hassling horizon before they finally got back to me to say they were aware of the bug and are working on a firmware update (haha, how long that will be is another thing!!!)

the radio will occasionally loose your assigned switch settings for aux 1 and aux 2 if you end up changing them at some point and it will refuse to save them correctly any more unless you copy over an unused model memory to the one your currently using then set everything up again.

this has caused me no end of grief finding the simple workaround until its finally fixed but by the amount of time it took for spektrum/horizon to respond back and acknowledge the fault im not really expecting them to really bother to get it done quickly so i may end up ditching spektrum after 9 years due to the poor customer service.

it is a good budget priced radio but they need to actually make an effort to get the bug fixed quicker than they seem to be doing!!
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_g View Post
just be cautuious of a current bug the dx4c has, it took me about a month and a half of hassling horizon before they finally got back to me to say they were aware of the bug and are working on a firmware update (haha, how long that will be is another thing!!!)

the radio will occasionally loose your assigned switch settings for aux 1 and aux 2 if you end up changing them at some point and it will refuse to save them correctly any more unless you copy over an unused model memory to the one your currently using then set everything up again.

this has caused me no end of grief finding the simple workaround until its finally fixed but by the amount of time it took for spektrum/horizon to respond back and acknowledge the fault im not really expecting them to really bother to get it done quickly so i may end up ditching spektrum after 9 years due to the poor customer service.

it is a good budget priced radio but they need to actually make an effort to get the bug fixed quicker than they seem to be doing!!
I am having the same issue with mine, I am new to all this, what exactly did you have to do to get the switch settings to stay assigned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mclunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:15 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclunk View Post
I am having the same issue with mine, I am new to all this, what exactly did you have to do to get the switch settings to stay assigned?

aha, someone local to me lol,

when it decides to not save them i had to copy over an unused model memory into the location i was using then set everything up as needed for everything else and it seems to save.

the issue comes if you have already assigned the switches and it saves ok but then if you decide to change them later on thats when it will not save them and revert to default settings.

i have yet again today sent another email to horizon hobby asking if they have fixed this yet or are even bothering to and probably wont hear back for a few days as usual, since i started getting this issue last july/august i email them every month or so to see if they are bothering to fix this but as yet it still seems that they cant be bothered to rectify as they have taken the money for selling a faulty product and now appear to not be bothered with any issues.

their are now quite a few of us down here in lethbridge who went out and grabbed one when they were available and everyone is having that problem now and it just p*&$%s us off that horizon hobby are not bothering to fix a simple problem with a corrected firmware so the best thing is anyone that has a dx4c and has noticed this needs to start contacting horizon on a monthly/weekly or even daily basis until they bother to fix it, i may start weekly emailing them just to really p*** them off as they have me with their lack of concern.

tony
Old 03-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Is this one going to glitch like other spektrum systems? I'm just curious because from reading, many people have had range and glitching issues..still a lot of money to put out there and not know if it would glitch or not. I'll just stay with my Futaba
I have both a Futaba (4PL) and Spektrum (DX3R) radios and have never had a a single "glitch" on either brand. I even run the inexpensive $9.99 Orange Hobby King Spectrum knock off receivers without a single problem. I'm sure there are problems to be found with either manufacturer. From my experience Spectrum has excellent factory support and here on RCC Harley has done a amazing job supporting Futaba users including me. Both IMO get the job done very nicely.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

this dx4c bug is the first spektrum issue i have ever had in about 9 years since starting to use their radios, sadly their after sales support is piss poor.

i have been having this issue since july/august last year and emailing them every month/other month to find out if they have got it fixed.

now heres the thing that really annoys me, one person says they are aware of the issue and working on a newer firmware to fix this and yet other techs who respond back say they are NOT releasing a firmware fix or working on anything.

well thats great considering the number of people with this issue has grown and they dont seem to be bothered trying to fix it.

because of this lack of caring for the customer after they have grabbed their money i will never open my wallet to purchase anything horizon hobby put out their now.

a sad way to do business or ensure customers come back to you again and again.

tony
Old 03-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #34

The "fix" is working, glad I can now use the radio properly, this is the email I received from Horizon regarding my service request.

"Unfortunately this is something we have seen before and only seems to be happening on model one only. Spektrum is aware of the issue and working on a fix. We in Product Support have seemed to have found a fix for this. What you want to do is go a unused model memory like Model 30. Once on that model then go to model copy and copy it to model 1. After that model 1 should act normally."

mclunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

i have to laugh at them for that, one tells me they are working on firmware fix and that has been the case since last year and yet others say their is nothing in the pipeline, and yet supprisingly i had to tell them that was the only way to get it to work, but be careful after getting it to save the switches dont adjust absolutely anything in the menus that is associated with any switch related function at all otherwise it will lose them and then you will have to do the whole copy and reset everything dance again.

tony
Old 03-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #36

Hi. Iīm new in this forum but seems there are a lot of people having trouble with a DX4C, like I do.
I dont use AVC (will never need on a scaler :-) ) but CH4 shall be a switch controller for devices like lights, horn and flash light. With 3pos. setting on that channel I would theoretically be able to control 4 external devices with the extermanl electronic I bought for that.
Theoretically everything works and I got confirmed by the external electronics vendor that I connected everything OK but the SRS4210 (controlled by DX4C) has a frame rate of 5.5ms on CH4 confusing my external electronics as it is too fast.

I can change the latency time on the DX4C from 11ms to 22ms but in fact nothing really happens with this. The frame rate on CH4 is still 5.5ms, also after several new bindings.

Horizon resonds slow and not really helpful (ask questions not related to my problem) since a week but I think they still didnīt get what I wanted to know: How can I set a frame rate of around 20ms on CH4 (or all other channels too) instead of 5.5ms.

Maybe anyone solved this already.

Thanks, cybergreeny
cybergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

when binding the tx/rx did you LEAVE one of the bind plugs in the disable port of the rx? and also disable in the menu too?

i make my own electronics and have had no issues when i used either of the 2 aux channels to control them, also note that the srs4210 rx only likes digital servos as a side note and has a specific calibration procedure after binding.

tony

New 4 channel Spektrum, Dx4c - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum 3rd channel. robbo989 Electronics 5 10-17-2006 07:30 AM
Q about 3 channel on Spektrum DX3 Wild trial Electronics 3 08-02-2006 02:37 AM