Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak m2 or dual tekins? Any reason to go dual brushless on berg?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Novak m2 or dual tekins? Any reason to go dual brushless on a bully 2 axle set?

I ordered a novak m2 and the hobbie shop cancelled my order after 20 some odd days of not getting it to me... I was set on it, but now that I have thought it over for nearly three weeks, should I do dual esc's instaed? I've read that people haven't been so impressed with the novak unit although I cant understand why. Is there any reason to do brushless dual set up? I have a novak goat so I understand what brushed vs brushless does for a rig on some level, but is there other reasons someone can point out besides wheel speed?

Currently im running a sidewinder with two 45t's (I think that's what they are). My intention for dual esc's is to do the dig thing without any on-crawler switches. I have a spektrum dx4s and a dx3r radio to use.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Master Basher; 04-08-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Novak m2 or dual tekins? Any reason to go dual brushless on berg?

I would go with the dual esc's and the dx4s. Programming it can be a bit tricky but you will be way better off then using the pos m2!!! imo Even cheaper if you have to order is dual sidewinder micro's or even better pre-smashed Holmes Hobbies br mini's.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

^thanks for pointing me towards the HH BR mini dual, that might just be what I get! Looks great!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
I ordered a novak m2 and the hobbie shop cancelled my order after 20 some odd days of not getting it to me...d.
First thing to do is call them and thank them... The M2 is the biggest joke in the short history of RC crawling.
The HH ESCs are the way to go with the Dx4(if you are set on that radio).
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

so, I ended up getting the smashed br mini's. I do like them a lot, but I suspect the castle micro sidewinder is the best deal going right now... $45 a piece at HH, and the 213% drag brake that the sidewinder offers that actually works seems better than the holmes hold that DOESN'T work, well, I'm thinking I'll get two sidewinder micros for my bully 2 axle build in a few days. I hope the get 'em back in stock soon, the price is right at $45.

Incidentally, I bought the xr10 for my girlfriend a few weeks ago, and it actually came with a novak m2.

Novak m2 or dual tekins? Any reason to go dual brushless on berg? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual Power Dual RC switch with Dim on External Powered Output heyok Vendors Electronics 10 11-18-2014 05:51 AM
Wiring up Dual 35 Tekins to a single ESC with Dig switch. Bigend777str Electronics 6 10-11-2010 06:28 PM
Dual 3s Lipo/Dual Sidwinders/Dual 4400KV Inrunners Setup Help Needed. TheHeadHunter Electronics 16 08-17-2008 05:21 AM