Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Is this a BEC issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #1

Default Is this a BEC issue?

Wondering if I can get a little help on this, I know there a bec threads already up here but I'm not sure if this is even a bec issue. Clearly after reading this you will realize that I'm new to electrics. Built a Twin Hammers about a month ago, components are;
Castle Creations SCT (waterproof) esc and 3800kv motor,
-Savox (waterproof) SW-0231MG steering servo,
-Hitec HS-225MG shift servo,
Been running for about two packs now with no problem at all. Was out tonight running for about 15-20 min. when out of nowhere the power seemed to die, then it came back on, then died again. Also when it was dead the wheels were turning back and forth (slightly). It would run a little then stop. The reason why I'm not sure if I need a bed is because I also went through a puddle but everything is waterproofed (the receiver is in a balloon) and zip tied at the wires, plus its not like I went into anything really deep. Now my other concern is that when plugging it in I accidentally crossed the polarity (don't ask me how) and the two negatives touched and sparked for a split second. I immediately turned it on after this and it worked fine, and like I said it ran for about 15-20 minutes before the issues started. Can someone PLEASE give me a little feedback on this, would be greatly appreciated.
Lex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Is this a BEC issue?

If the bec power(green light) is goin off then yes its bec assuming its got good connection to +/- power leads on esc! If the green light stays on...then I would unplug steering servo & try troubleshooting from there. Savox are known to do funny things!!! Savox runs on 6v, the Hitec mostly runs best at 7.4v! One or two drops can kill a BEC...(buy another one)I have had it happen til started plastic dippin them> Some people like Savox but I don't!!! If the servo is bad don't get another one the wp series suck for the price!!!!!!!! Get ya a Solar 772 & corrosion it with some dielectric grease around horn & no worries at $23 ea...
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

sic1to,
Thank you very much for the quick response, I have to admit that I feel like a bit of a goof as I did not include a very important part to this thread, I am not currently running a BEC and am wondering if this problem I'm experiencing is due to that fact. Very, very sorry that's a pretty important fact to not include. So what I'm wondering is do I need a BEC? Yes I read the sticky on BEC's but because this isn't an all out crawler I thought I'd ask. Again thank you for the response and sorry for the lack of info, boy do I feel dumb.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
mrG
RCC Addict

Yes you need a bec
mrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply, I'm curious though, why would it work fine for a couple of packs then all of a sudden just go crazy?

Is this a BEC issue? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ESC BEC issue, help please Josh_Br Electronics 10 09-10-2012 08:02 AM
Issue with Castle BEC du4x4 Electronics 13 02-21-2011 02:57 PM
bec issue demonoid369 Newbie General 5 12-16-2010 04:36 PM
ESC and CC BEC issue david_387 Electronics 9 11-04-2010 08:36 AM
BEC/ESC-- Issue. dirk379 Electronics 7 09-29-2010 11:46 AM