Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: RC4WD WARN wireless winch issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RC4WD WARN wireless winch issue

Took my saw a k out yesterday for the first time since March, it sits on a self in my finished basement next to all my other rc trucks so can't see a problem there. My son has driven them since March in the basement but anyways took it outback and my little dude got his truck stuck so I went to get the winch working and it doesn't respond to the wireless controller. Take the body off and I noticed the wireless box doesn't have any LED lights on which I'm almost positive it has a green LED when I turn on the ESC??? I plugged the winch directly to the 6V output on the Rooster crawler and the winch works so it's either the box went bad for some reason or the controller has a dead battery? So how do I check the receiver box and red controller to determine what one is to blame?
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC4WD WARN wireless winch issue

Perhaps its just not bound? Maybe try the binding process with a new battery in your controller
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

the controller fob sometimes has to have the batteries and contacts cleaned off or batteries replaced. if that doesnt do it, bind the remote to the controller again per the instructions, if that fails, the controller is bad. been there done that, went thru 3 controllers before I bought a heyok wireless remote and never looked back.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Never knew I had to bind the little red remote to the receiver, when I got it at the end of last summer I'm sure I just plugged her in and away I went? Eitherway I'll see what kind of battery the remote uses and try that today. Thanks guys
Old 11-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

So September 1st i installed two brand new batteries in the remote and it worked with no binding. I put a small wire tie on the end and hung it up, used it twice since the new batteries were put in for like six or seven short pulls driving around with my son. Yesterday went to drive with my son he gets stuck so we go to use the winch and AGAIN it doesnt work! Hook winch directly to the Novak crawler esc 6v output and the winch goes in and out, so i go buy another set of brand new batteries (duracell) and the winch remote controls the sinch like it should. So WTF is going on with the remote kills brand new batteries just hanging in my heated and AC garage after thirty days? What do i have to remove the batteries after ever run now?
Old 01-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

After my last post i contacted rc4wd and even though its well out of warranty they replaced it with a new wireless controller set. (Ive been buying from them since they first opened) anyways new controller worked and then last week same problem controller wont work! Spend another eight dollars and controller works, so it's hanging in my finished basement as usual I go to use it today with my son and guess what controller is a no go! Remove batteries and they are clean no leaks etc, so thats it i had enough and kinda went overboard...took the red controller and receiver and kinda smashed it with my 28oz framing hammer LOL
Old 01-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

So now i need a way to control the Rc4wd winch? I have a spectrum 3channel pistol remote is there anyway to use that? Or do i need another wireless setup, and if so what brand? PLEASE NO RC4WD
Old 01-30-2016, 06:07 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler View Post
So now i need a way to control the Rc4wd winch? I have a spectrum 3channel pistol remote is there anyway to use that? Or do i need another wireless setup, and if so what brand? PLEASE NO RC4WD
Get the HeyOk wired controller. If you're running more than 6V to the winch you'll need the 4amp wired controller with a relay. I think it's 46.00, if you're running the winch off the receiver I think you can the less expensive HeyOk controller.

Either way your problem should be solved.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for the mention.
One of the following will work for you:
No Drift Winch Controller! (using 3 position transmitter channel)
4 Amp Relay Output Winch Controller
Wireless Winch Controller

Probably the one in the middle or the first one as Dwill suggested.
Any questions or to order, just send me a PM.

Thanks,
Al
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD WARN wireless winch issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc4wd warn wireless winch diffman33 Newbie General 21 05-20-2016 04:59 PM