Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion 2-1 FOC Brushless motor/ESC Combo for Rock Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion 2-1 FOC Brushless motor/ESC Combo for Rock Crawling

I put this system in my TF2 and its pretty darn good. No problems at all. I will be picking up another for my Element soon.
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #22

Default Re: New Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion 2-1 FOC Brushless motor/ESC Combo for Rock Crawling

I have one and recently picked up a stock Enduro Trailrunner.
I had the Hobbywing System already and it needed a home.

The system works like a champ and the slow speed is very controlled in the truck.
I have to say I like more wheel speed, so I went up on the stock pinion size from 18 to 23.
The truck is a bit faster and the slow speed crawling is still just as controlled as before.
I ran the truck hard this last weekend and the motor never got above slightly warm.

When I need another system I will probably pick another one of these up.
Easy setup and great manners work for me.
Catbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:42 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Has anyone else used this system yet? Curious how it would compare to the Hobbywing 1080 esc and Tekin 20t motor I'm currently using.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

So I recently got the 1800kv fusion system for my gatekeeper build. And I also have another enduro kit running a hw1080 and 13t 540 crawlmaster. It’s definitely not a speed machine but with 21 tooth pinion my gatekeeper is running cool with great low speed control at least as good as the 1080 crawlmaster combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piranhaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Didn't Tamiya make a esc/motor combo like this too?
Gula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:30 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

What is the difference between this system and a typical sensored brushless motor with compatible esc?
MrAwesome987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:20 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome987 View Post
What is the difference between this system and a typical sensored brushless motor with compatible esc?

The esc is in the motor can. It’s about the size of a standard 550 can motor. Battery lead, receiver lead, and the switch are the only only things you have to deal with so it keeps wiring tidy and you don’t have to mount a separate esc. The only sensored brushless set up is in my b44.3 so I can’t really compare it to what a sensored crawler is like. But start up and low speed have xcellent control. The foc is interesting.

Piranhaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:40 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

wrong thread, sorry ;)

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

I just put a Fusion in my SCX10 iii Gladiator. It works great running the 14t pinion (i mis-spoke in the video) and the 40t spur.

I also mis-spoke and called it FOV, not FOC. This video shows how cool the FOC is. Almost like cheating. lol

https://youtu.be/33EylHj2CdY
gorilla_skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla_skater View Post
I just put a Fusion in my SCX10 iii Gladiator. It works great running the 14t pinion (i mis-spoke in the video) and the 40t spur.

I also mis-spoke and called it FOV, not FOC. This video shows how cool the FOC is. Almost like cheating. lol

https://youtu.be/33EylHj2CdY
Good to know I ordered one for my 10.3 JL

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:46 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

I just put the fusion in my gmade buffalo and it will get stuck in full speed then lock the breaks. I've recalibrated the remote end points, set the esc but it's still does it. It I set the trim to 50% I have no issues. Any thoughts?

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
Grnjetta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

With remote off it I spin the tire it starts the motor

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
Grnjetta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Didn't Tamiya make a esc/motor combo like this too?
Not sure about Tamiya, but Dynamite and Orion had similar offerings some years back for off road cars. Spektrum just came out with one that looks just like the Hobbywing, only their colors and I think they have one in 2300kv.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Not sure about Tamiya, but Dynamite and Orion had similar offerings some years back for off road cars. Spektrum just came out with one that looks just like the Hobbywing, only their colors and I think they have one in 2300kv.
Yeah, just a fusion built to Spektrum's specs.

On that note, there was a mass sale on the current fusion and axe systems being run at PLBTF. I wonder if Hobbywing is getting ready to update their own line pretty soon now that the Spektrum versions are out.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:25 PM   #35

I have 2 of these and I love them. Precise control, saves a lot of space and you get a programming card. My go to crawler motor
Green River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnjetta6 View Post
I just put the fusion in my gmade buffalo and it will get stuck in full speed then lock the breaks. I've recalibrated the remote end points, set the esc but it's still does it. It I set the trim to 50% I have no issues. Any thoughts? Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience setting up mine. It is Extremely sensitive to throttle trim settings or if you Tx/Rx receives any interference. After a couple dozen attempts it is finally working and awesome.

Btw mine would go into full brake mode any time I used full throttle. When I release the trigger and wait a couple seconds it would go again for about 5 feet and lock up again. Super frustrating to say the least.
mtnwheeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

I have the 1800kv fusion. It’s awesome, built in esc with BSC. It is a 540, but due to the added electronics it’s the size of a 550 can. I highly recommend it. It’s an awesome set up.
AndrewRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
In the video he says it is not sensorless but is designed for crawlers. Does the mean it maybe jittery at low speeds compared to the sensorless mother’s with separate speed controllers.

I have one in my rig. It crawls super slow, has more pep than rtr stock, there’s Absolutly no jitters at low speeds and I’ve had no problems with it whatsoever. That’s just my experience though. Personally I love it and plan on running one in the build I just started as well.

Old 11-18-2021, 04:37 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcapo View Post
I’m going to try one

Love my fusion, don’t think you’ll be let down by it.

Old 11-18-2021, 04:38 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Nice! Please post up a review on this forum when you get some experience with it.

I didn't realize this was an all in one unit where the ESC is built into the motor. That's very cool. I wish more companies would do this, but at the same time make them serviceable so either the ESC or motor can be replaced rather than having to buy the entire thing if one part of it fails.

Spectrum has a 2300kv all in one as well. Good luck finding it though. It’s back ordered everywhere.

New Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion 2-1 FOC Brushless motor/ESC Combo for Rock Crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC LSXGMC Electronics 450 06-27-2020 09:06 PM
Hobbywing Quicrun Brushless ESC? Raguvian Electronics 1 05-02-2020 03:41 PM
Anyone using the Hobbywing QUICRun WP 1080 ESC? CoolRunning Electronics 143 04-28-2020 08:48 AM