Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: EC3 to XT60 adapter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default EC3 to XT60 adapter

I've been looking at this most of the day, I'm still confused and have a headache now. So I'm hoping someone will relieve my pain and help me out.

I have a TRX4 on the way. I don't want to use the TRX4 batteries. The charger I like is the Spektrum RC S2100, which uses EC3/IC3. The connector I want to use is the XT60.

My problem is I have too many connectors and I confused about gender. . . The connector gender, not mine to be clear.

It used to be that male connectors had a metal outie thing and female connectors had an innie. However, it seem that the state of the metal bits don't mater anymore and it's more about the outer plastic? Just a guess not stating a fact. There were other terms floating around a while back about plug and socket, then I also see Device and Battery (Spektrum terms). This is why I'm confused.

From what I can tell they Spektrum charger has a female EC3 connector. A battery has an XT60 male connector.

So to accomplish my task I need a
  • XT60 male to EC3 female adapter for the charger.
  • Traxxas male to XT60 female adapter or I need an XT60 female connector to solder on the Traxas ESC
Or I order a bunch of connectors and start soldering until it's right.
itr1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: EC3 to XT60 adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
I've been looking at this most of the day, I'm still confused and have a headache now. So I'm hoping someone will relieve my pain and help me out.

I have a TRX4 on the way. I don't want to use the TRX4 batteries. The charger I like is the Spektrum RC S2100, which uses EC3/IC3. The connector I want to use is the XT60.

My problem is I have too many connectors and I confused about gender. . . The connector gender, not mine to be clear.

It used to be that male connectors had a metal outie thing and female connectors had an innie. However, it seem that the state of the metal bits don't mater anymore and it's more about the outer plastic? Just a guess not stating a fact. There were other terms floating around a while back about plug and socket, then I also see Device and Battery (Spektrum terms). This is why I'm confused.

From what I can tell they Spektrum charger has a female EC3 connector. A battery has an XT60 male connector.

So to accomplish my task I need a
  • XT60 male to EC3 female adapter for the charger.
  • Traxxas male to XT60 female adapter or I need an XT60 female connector to solder on the Traxas ESC
Or I order a bunch of connectors and start soldering until it's right.
I don't have all the answers you seek, however... I have learned in my RC readings for sake of new knowledge, that the male side ALWAYS is used on what is receiving power, and the female side is for the battery or power supply side, due to a spark however big happening every time an electrical connection is made or disconnected even light switches in your home count.

R.C. means both;Remote control, and Rock Crawler.
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
... male side ALWAYS is used on what is receiving power, and the female side is for the battery or power supply side...
Thanks for the quick response.

I found this picture on Ebay, which if we assume is correct, the battery is female as you said.
https://pg-cdn-a2.datacaciques.com/0...3926598b56.jpg

Which means I need a male EC3 to female XT60.
itr1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, adapters are....let’s say agrovating lol.

I plan on getting a Losi LMT, but want to run my Traxxas batteries instead of having to get new batteries and a charger. I have yet to find ANY Traxxas adapters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Funny enough I just went through this. I picked up a rustler for my youngest kid as a Christmas present. I did not want to get locked into the Traxxas battery and charger eco system so I picked up the truck and then picked up my own batteries and a Traxxas to Dean’s plug adapter. Every time I have to go look at one of my batteries to figure out which part of the adapter needs to be male and / or female. That is a good tip to remember that the male side is the one that receives the power. Maybe I won’t forget it when I need that info. I’m still using adapters as I haven’t quite gotten to the point where I’m re-soldering everything to a uniform connector.
Boomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer75 View Post
Funny enough I just went through this. I picked up a rustler for my youngest kid as a Christmas present. I did not want to get locked into the Traxxas battery and charger eco system so I picked up the truck and then picked up my own batteries and a Traxxas to Dean’s plug adapter. Every time I have to go look at one of my batteries to figure out which part of the adapter needs to be male and / or female. That is a good tip to remember that the male side is the one that receives the power. Maybe I won’t forget it when I need that info. I’m still using adapters as I haven’t quite gotten to the point where I’m re-soldering everything to a uniform connector.
Just remember, its fire safety, you want the sparl to be "contained" which would be INSIDE the female cylinder....much like any gas engine.

R.C. means both;Remote control, and Rock Crawler.
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

EC3 to XT60 adapter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deans vs. XT60 toys222 Electronics 18 08-18-2019 11:19 PM
XT60’s or 90’s? Mattyice Electronics 27 02-02-2019 04:50 PM
EC3 connectors ajw068 Newbie General 9 11-24-2015 06:46 PM
EC3 Connector Question BJoe Electronics 2 06-11-2009 04:55 PM