Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Ned 2 or 4 battery charger recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2023, 05:31 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Ned 2 or 4 battery charger recommendations

Currently, I have two single LiPO battery chargers but only one can put LiPOs into storage mode. With the growing number of cars (and batteries) I am looking to get a charger that will support charging of 4 batteries at once. I am kinda leaning towards two chargers that support two batteries each just in case one fails but that's not a definite requirement. The last charger I bought was probably around 8 years ago so I am totally not familiar with what's current these days. I am looking for a decent but budget charger(s). All batteries I have are LiPOs (2S, 3S and 4S) but ability to charge NiMH would be nice as some of the stock cars come with NiMH batteries. Any recommendations?
drabina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2023, 12:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Ned 2 or 4 battery charger recommendations

As an owner of a Protek Prodigy 610 Quad, I can tell you that there aren't a whole lot of 4-port chargers options out there, and the closer you look, the options get even smaller. With no idea who is the actual OE, the Protek Quad, Hitec X4, EV-Peak CQ3, and a number of others all appear to be different logos on the same exact charger. The 610 Quad has been fantastic for me, as I came from using a pair of DC-only chargers, and the Quad is a whole lot less wiring. As it's newer, it will charge anything, including LiHV packs. Internal fan is a little noisy, and it's not exactly bargain priced (unless you think of it as buying four $60 chargers all at once) and I have little worry about reliability, as it replaced a 610 Duo that I've had for 15 years.

No matter what you go with, look for at minimum 100W per channel output, otherwise bigger packs will take forever to charge.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:51 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I've had the Hota D6 Pro for almost 2 years. Still stoked on it. Compact. AC/DC. Easy to use with a bitchin' screen. Wirelessly charges your phone!

I got mine on aliexpress for $104 with extras. You can still get just the charger for under $100 on there. Here's a link that details the specs pretty good:

https://www.helidirect.com/products/...BoCNAMQAvD_BwE
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:47 PM   #4

Most people will probably tell me Im outdated but I have had great luck with my old venom duo & quad chargers. Sadly venom is no longer in buisness but you can still find them used sometimes. I forget what brand but there is someone out there that is making basically a copy of it.

I do have a spektrum smart charger and I like that too, but you have to make sure to get the one that actually has balance ports on it. And it is a pain having to plug the balance plug directly into the charger itself.
RecklessTrent91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTrent91 View Post
Most people will probably tell me Im outdated but I have had great luck with my old venom duo & quad chargers. Sadly venom is no longer in buisness but you can still find them used sometimes. I forget what brand but there is someone out there that is making basically a copy of it.

I do have a spektrum smart charger and I like that too, but you have to make sure to get the one that actually has balance ports on it. And it is a pain having to plug the balance plug directly into the charger itself.
Get a balance board, it'll extend the balance plug out so its not a pain to plug into.
Damion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:06 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Like RecklessTrent91 I have one of the old Venom pro duo two port charger that still works. I've recently picked up one of the Gens Ace Imars dual charger. Great unit with plenty of versatility. My one complaint, it needs a stand to tilt it so you can see the display easier. I'm sure someone has a 3d printer file or I can make one out of some ABS sheet or even some wood.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:11 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I also have the Venom Duo. Skyrc has a T200 that looks a lot like the Venom.
RCJuice has them for $120.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:54 AM   #8

I recentlly picked up the Hitec RDX2 because my kids always want to run their scx24s together. It works well for a sub $100 charger, and does what I need it to do. Its peak isn't great when charging both batteries but I don't have to run a second charger.

Are you looking for something that has a battery tester as well?
diceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:29 PM   #9

i use four hitec 4x chargers to keep me and my kids fully charged mine are all the older version but i would assume the new ones would be just as good. just keep in mind if charging multiple large batteries you need a good charger or it isnt going to be that benificial to use just one charger
godwnlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Ned 2 or 4 battery charger recommendations - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lipo battery charger recommendations spiderxx Electronics 22 07-16-2023 11:13 PM
Battery/Charger recommendations seanmnew Electronics 5 02-08-2014 10:15 AM
Charger recommendations Tbone Electronics 28 08-26-2009 06:27 PM
Lipo Charger/ Battery Recommendations BMFOTP Electronics 21 05-14-2009 05:27 PM
Lipo Battery/ Charger Recommendations BMFOTP Electronics 6 05-09-2009 08:32 AM