Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hobbywing Quicrun issues..... NOOB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2021, 08:46 PM   #1

Default Hobbywing Quicrun issues..... NOOB

I bought a Cen F450 and right off the back I had issues. I got a second esc and it did stopped working immediately again. Plus the factory radio seemed terrible, but I guess it is only $379.00! Anyways, I decided to try a hobby wing Quicrun Crawler Brushed! I got traxxas connectors and then I used a new waterproof traxxas box and installed a Traxxas receiver since I’m just kinda figuring out how to use the Traxxas app! I have everything installed correctly ( “-“ to “-“ and “+” to “+”) on the motor. I turn my transmitter on and then my car (I did what I think is calibrate my esc via included instructions). When I hit the throttle to go forward or reverse, the truck does nothing. When I turn the wheel to the right, the steering servo turns to the right like it should but the truck starts moving forward, and when I turn to the left the steering servo again turns the truck towards the left but now the truck runs in reverse! I’m thinking a channel issues but I don’t know how to check or fix if it was.

I appreciate any help and the traxxas gear is what I have and like and really can’t afford another transmitter.

Overkill543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2021, 10:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hobbywing Quicrun issues..... NOOB

Make sure you're using the right ports on the Rx. Traxxas receivers have two steering outputs (1&2) IIRC. For their outdated twin servo setup in some models. Looks like you plugged the ESC into one of the servo channels.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomaniac View Post
Make sure you're using the right ports on the Rx. Traxxas receivers have two steering outputs (1&2) IIRC. For their outdated twin servo setup in some models. Looks like you plugged the ESC into one of the servo channels.

Yes!!!!!! Use a light if you must, two channel ones are standard

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:02 AM   #4

����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️���� I wasn’t even thinking about the first two channels being “1”…. As soon as I saw the first response, I really felt like a “noob”! Haha, oh well, I guess it’s nice to have a simple, easy, fix! Haha! Thank you guys again for the help! It works perfect!
Overkill543 is offline   Reply With Quote

Hobbywing Quicrun issues..... NOOB - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing Quicrun WP 880 on 4S (Newb) LincolnofDeath Electronics 31 01-08-2021 07:35 PM
Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion FOC? derekmac Axial SCX10 III 6 12-04-2020 06:48 AM
Anyone using the Hobbywing QUICRun WP 1080 ESC? CoolRunning Electronics 143 04-28-2020 08:48 AM
HobbyWing QuicRun WP-10BL60 review. GLwagon Electronics 5 12-28-2014 09:14 PM