Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Capra Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2022, 05:53 PM   #1

Default Capra Electronics

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build an ultimate crawler soon, I'm wanting to build a Capra kit and run both 4WS and dig. I'd also like to run a few different LED circuits that are all switched.

I'm planning NB4 with the FGR8B, also gonna be running HobbyWing Xerun AXE 540L.

Right now, I'm thinking 2 REEFS triple 5 servos and a micro 99 for the dig. After that I'd like to run 2, maybe 3, switched LED circuits to have headlights, light bar, and wheel well lights if crawling at night.

My main question boils down to, how much current capacity should I plan for. I can't find anything on the servos and I kind of doubt the 6A on the ESC will suffice. Leaning towards UBEC 10A

Can anyone shed some light on this?
D_McC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #2
Ots
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Capra Electronics

The main current draw from the ESC will be for the motor. As long as that's covered with a little extra for 'headroom' for the ESC you should be OK. How to wire in the lights will require some decisions on your part depending on how you want them to work. I'm sure others here in the forum will have additional information to offer.
Ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The BEC is really what you need to focus on here. Recommend looking at the max stall amperage of your servos, having two, you'll want to add these values together. I could not find a stall amperage number on Reef' site, but 2-3 amps at 7.4VDC per servo will likely get you in the ballpark. The RX, LEDs and controllers do not draw much amperage, but I would go 1A total, just to give you some headroom. With this, I think the built-in BEC on the AXE will be ok in most situations, but if you get in a condition where both servos are bound up you will likely see brown-out. For this reason I would go with a 10A or 20A BEC wired directly to the servos.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

why not run direct power servos for steering ... eliminating the BEC altogether ... the leds should be easily power via receiver ... given the steering amp draw has been eliminated from the rx you should have no problems with them and they will be switchable from tx. there is plenty of DP Servos out there to choose from that are comparable if not better than the 555 ... cant get any better than that IMHO. Holmes, NSDRC, 3bros, even Reef has DP servos available in different specs and prices.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote

Capra Electronics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capra Electronics aleckslara Electronics 5 11-09-2021 11:35 AM
Are Capra RTR Spektrum Electronics Garbage? MtnBkr Axial Capra 2 04-04-2021 04:52 AM
Capra Electronics Greatscott Electronics 1 12-13-2020 06:56 PM
New Capra build, need to figure out the Electronics. nalle09 Axial Capra 5 01-01-2020 04:29 AM