Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Do I have a knockoff HH Crawlmaster Sport in my hands?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2022, 04:05 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Do I have a knockoff HH Crawlmaster Sport in my hands?

I got a reply from HH very quickly. I'll just quote it here:

''Hi, Thanks for*your email. Don't worry about sticker differences. Within the last couple*of years the Sport motors went from being stickered here to being stickered in the factory (poorly the first run) and stickered correctly at the factory.
As for the drag brake, did your gearing stay the same? Was weight added?
*I checked on our current inventory and the wire size appears to be the same between the two turn counts. If on your motors the wire size looked smaller on the 15T (like they stepped down to fit 2 more revolutions of wire) then torque and drag brake would suffer. From the pictures I can see a ball bearing on both motors' output shafts.*
In short, I don't have any reason to believe you have a counterfeit and I wouldn't want anyone to spread rumors about AsiaTees.
Jordan
Jordan''

What do you make of it? It doesn't make sense to me that torque and drag brake would suffer by going up 2 turns in a genuine motor.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2022, 04:52 PM   #22
RCC Addict

That clearly looks like a bushing on the one you just purchased from asiatees. Wouldn't that be a dead giveaway to Jordan that it's a counterfeit?
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 05:08 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
I got a reply from HH very quickly. I'll just quote it here:

What do you make of it? It doesn't make sense to me that torque and drag brake would suffer by going up 2 turns in a genuine motor.
No, it doesn’t make sense at all. No matter the turn, you should have relatively the same drag brake across all Crawlmaster Sport motors. 2T will not go from drag brake to basically none.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagoras View Post

I'm not convinced it is a bushing in that pic or a bearing to be fair lol. Its bronze in color so it looks like a bushing but its also 2 pieces which makes it look like a bearing, a bit weird. I've never seen a 2 piece bushing and I've also never seen a bronze colored bearing sheild so I dont know whats up.

I dont have any idea why the drag brake would be so much weaker but maybe its from a potentially bad batch of motors? Just a thought

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-15-2022 at 05:13 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:48 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

sounds like he is saying the internal wire size is the same between a 13t and a 15t and if the new motor has smaller wire inside than that would indicate a fake but from the outsid3 it looks legit
i think asia tees came up before as in the last thread because of the different part numbers but that got cleared up

personally if im buying a holms product i buy from his site for this reason its just too hard to tell if there legit of not and i think he might make a bit more buying them directly from him and my cost is just about the same
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:59 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

My eyes are not trained enough to tell if there are the same wire revolutions or if it's the same size.

He says he sees 2 bearing in the pictures, but doesn't mention anything about the obvious difeerence in the bearing color? Not sure what to think of that. Have they changed the design, so he considers it as standard?

If they did, these bearings should be more common in the market. I've done a reasearch and I was able to locate only one sourse, that makes similar bearings.

Not sure about the use, or the size, but the design looks similar.

If this is a genuine motor, there's something wrong with it. The shaft even extends a bit on the other end.

The most frustrating thing is the radio silence from both parties after the initial response.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I honestly at this point would open it up. It's not an expensive motor and sounds like regardless, you won't be using it anyway. I'd be real tempted to find out for sure.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:03 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I’m still calling you have a fake but fwiw I have 2 genuine HH motors, one is a Crawlmaster 10T and the other is a Trailmaster 27T, both 550 cans. My Crawlmaster has the shaft sticking out the end of the can, even more than yours. The only thing that I, like many others in this thread are questioning about is the bearing on the front and obviously the drag brake issue. It’s been awhile since I’ve ran it but my Crawlmaster 10T had excellent drag brake.

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 05:18 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Well, Jordan replied again. He says that the ''protrusion'' on the back is something that all their current motors have, so it shouldn't be an issue. He doesn't mantion anything about the different color bearing or bushing or whatever it is anyway.

I don't know. I liked my 13T. Nice solid brushed motor that served me very well for more than a year and stood great. Great value for money. I'm kinda disappointed and frustrated with this 15T. If it's a genuine one, quality has dropped significantly.

Asiatees won't reply to the mail either, after their initial response. Bottomline is I installed the Fusion Pro I had in mind for a different rig, and I'll be calling it a day on this one. My faith on these motors has taken a hit however.
Old 12-31-2022, 10:04 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Might as well just run it. It will probably be fine. Even if the one you got was not a "real" Crawlmaster, it probably came from the same Chinese factory that makes the "real" HH Crawlmaster. Get what I am saying?
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 10:09 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Also I bet it is a bearing like HH says. There would not be a two part bushing. Also notice there is some sort of nomenclature on the outer silver part just like the bearings have. Quick way to tell is rotate the shaft and see if the bronze inner part rotates with it. If it does it is a bearing.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote

Do I have a knockoff HH Crawlmaster Sport in my hands? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HH Crawlmaster Sport 550 13T xagoras Electronics 20 04-20-2021 05:05 PM
Crawlmaster Sport / CC Sindewinder ncgoose Electronics 2 05-22-2008 04:03 PM
crawlmaster sport in water j4s0n Electronics 2 05-19-2008 09:15 AM
gearing for crawlmaster sport 3014-18 madmaxxed Electronics 2 03-10-2008 05:52 AM
Prob with MM and Crawlmaster sport Rocksmith Eng. Electronics 19 01-27-2008 10:33 PM