Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Codyboy's IFS Portals Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2021, 06:38 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Codyboy's IFS Portals Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Justin, yes I am a spoiled 71 year old kid with a nice shop. I have a open invitation out there for any one that wants to work in it. Although Florida is a piece down the road. Don't you and Kayla need a vacation. I would love to see my girls!!!
Ernie
Ya just a few days down the road LoL! We could definitely use a vacation. 4 days of driving to hang for two days doesn't sound all that fun and a family of 4 round trip tickets Fl to OR would be rediculous in price

I'm loving this rig Ernie! It's looking bad ass!!! Looks like it's going to be a beast! Not a big fan of the creep body, but you're making it look great! Your cage work is out of this world!!!! Thank you for the tubing! I'm going to see how it's going to work in the next day or so. Have a great day!!!!!
AnimalHippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Damn she's looking fine, Ernie!

Chopping the roofline goes a long way to making the Creep be unique - but of course you got that grille and other mods to catch the eye...

I've had a Creep waiting in the wings to be dropped on my Enduro (still have your steel Panhard mount for it, too) but I am as always being lazy about everything.

I have driven it mostly stock a few more times, I am glad I have it.

I sure hope the mods I have planned for my body work out - they are mostly cosmetic, but I recently picked up a GreenMountainRC Machete chassis and a few other bits to go underneath.

Been driving my Ascender K10 a bunch lately - finally broke something - a CV pin on the front passenger side, was driving it in 3WD back to the truck to go home!
Well thank you young man! I love dreaming up the tube work design. I hardly ever put something on paper, so I'm building on the fly. I'll have some new pics today (maybe). Can't wait to see what you do with the creep body, and I need to check out that chassis. And glad the ascender is still kicking rocks out of it's way! I have a new one with a bunch of upgrades sitting in a tub waiting to be put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Very cool Ernie! I wasn't sure what was happening with the chopped up cab but now I see whats going on. The Cage looks great
Thanks Casey, it's starting to come together, Working on the skin nuts
and finishing the back part of the cage. Also wanting to get a little lower look. I might need to go with 4.1 ish tires???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Ya just a few days down the road LoL! We could definitely use a vacation. 4 days of driving to hang for two days doesn't sound all that fun and a family of 4 round trip tickets Fl to OR would be rediculous in price

I'm loving this rig Ernie! It's looking bad ass!!! Looks like it's going to be a beast! Not a big fan of the creep body, but you're making it look great! Your cage work is out of this world!!!! Thank you for the tubing! I'm going to see how it's going to work in the next day or so. Have a great day!!!!!
I know, it wouldn't be a fun road trip! Marcia got her Covid shot last week and I get mine Saturday, so we are starting to think about one more Cross Country trip for this fall. ( Only problem is I can't bring my shop with me) We will have to see were the numbers are by then.
I was wondering if you got the square tubing.
Well I hear the shop calling.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:04 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Another Little update.

I installed a new steering setup that will help with the IFS bump steer.

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/bow-bel-0030.htm
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/bow-bel-0040.htm

Also did a little painting of the creep body panels.

Trying out some fatter tires and wheels to get a little "Meaner" look.

Thanks for looking!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-04-2021 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:13 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Hey young man!
Glad to see you back at it!!!
She looks great, hope to see you this year!
Hugs from Team Shinchu

*PS I posted a vid in my enduro thread you might like ;)
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:08 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Hey young man!
Glad to see you back at it!!!
She looks great, hope to see you this year!
Hugs from Team Shinchu

*PS I posted a vid in my enduro thread you might like ;)
Thanks Chris! Cool vid, looks like you guys are having to much fun playing in the water!

Got this in the mail today, I will post up some progress photos later today.

https://www.teamgaragehack.com/colle...ucts/tgh-t-210

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-09-2021 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:14 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks Chris! Cool vid, looks like you guys are having to much fun playing in the water!

Got this in the mail today, I will post up some progress photos later today.

https://www.teamgaragehack.com/colle...ucts/tgh-t-210
Excellent paint as usual
The rock beasts look good on there.

I just got a TGH HH-forward motor tranny yesterday (i'm working on a Sherpa), they're making some very cool stuff these days.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:47 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Digging that paint and those wheels and tires!!!! TGH really make some nice products. I've been wanting one of their trans for my Trx, but the price is a bit too much for my pockets lol. That trans looks awesome tho. Can't wait to see this thing on the rocks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2021, 02:24 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Excellent paint as usual

I just got a TGH HH-forward motor tranny yesterday (i'm working on a Sherpa), they're making some very cool stuff these days.
Thanks Casey, I bought the sport chassis rails a couple weeks ago and and couldn't find the motor forward/ transfer case, so went with the 210 combo. Has 30% forward bias (which seems like a lot), But I can play with the ratios with axle and portal gearing. My combo spins so nice!

Quote:
Digging that paint and those wheels and tires!!!! TGH really make some nice products. I've been wanting one of their trans for my Trx, but the price is a bit too much for my pockets lol. That trans looks awesome tho. Can't wait to see this thing on the rocks!!!

Thanks Justin, They are coming out with some cool stuff.

I'm pretty sure I have shared this before but here it is again. When I'm painting my bumpers and cages I like to use High temp paint and then Bake them in an old BQ.

My formula is 30 minutes at 350-400 degrees.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:58 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Excellent paint as usual

Thanks Casey, I bought the sport chassis rails a couple weeks ago and and couldn't find the motor forward/ transfer case, so went with the 210 combo. Has 30% forward bias (which seems like a lot), But I can play with the ratios with axle and portal gearing. My combo spins so nice!

Quote:

Thanks Justin, They are coming out with some cool stuff.

I'm pretty sure I have shared this before but here it is again. When I'm painting my bumpers and cages I like to use High temp paint and then Bake them in an old BQ.

I finished drilling All body panels and mounted on the cage. I'm still trying to get use to the look, it probably would have been just as good to have left the body in tacked. It seems that I think I always have to step out of the box.

Some body picks on my pond and back yard crawling rocks.

Still need to detail and add some scale things. And then finish up drive train and electronics.

06-IMG_0161

The head lights are filled with red glass used for hobbies.

And the TGN combo.

Thanks for looking!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-09-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I finished drilling All body panels and mounted on the cage. I'm still trying to get use to the look, it probably would have been just as good to have left the body in tacked. It seems that I think I always have to step out of the box.

Some body picks on my pond and back yard crawling rocks.

Still need to detail and add some scale things. And then finish up drive train and electronics.

06-IMG_0161

The head lights are filled with red glass used for hobbies.

And the TGN combo.

Thanks for looking!
Ernie

carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:25 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

What are some of my options for body post mounts for these flat rail Chassis?
I'm going to maybe make a body change to this build, (not happy with the tubing weight and how it came out. Stay tuned.
Ernie
Old 03-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What are some of my options for body post mounts for these flat rail Chassis?
I'm going to maybe make a body change to this build, (not happy with the tubing weight and how it came out. Stay tuned.
Ernie

Team KNK makes a nice universal body post mount that lots of folk are using on these kind of builds. I've been waiting for them to restock, at the moment they're out of stock. Thats what I plan to use on my Sherpa.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-kn...abm004/p768825

There is a 2nd version of these mounts that uses a body clip to fasten the body post but I'd personally prefer the version with the screw pin as it should hold the posts much more securely.
these are the 2nd version: https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-kn...abm001/p768822

I might make up a 3D printable version if my body arrives before these restock, If that happens I'd be happy to send you a set.

Its nice to see it all put together, the headlights look cool with the red glass. I understand the drive to keep tinkering though. Did you get a chance to weigh it or does it just feel too heavy?

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 03-24-2021 at 11:41 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Team KNK makes a nice universal body post mount that lots of folk are using on these kind of builds. I've been waiting for them to restock, at the moment they're out of stock. Thats what I plan to use on my Sherpa.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-kn...abm004/p768825

There is a 2nd version of these mounts that uses a body clip to fasten the body post but I'd personally prefer the version with the screw pin as it should hold the posts much more securely.
these are the 2nd version: https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-kn...abm001/p768822

I might make up a 3D printable version if my body arrives before these restock, If that happens I'd be happy to send you a set.

Its nice to see it all put together, the headlights look cool with the red glass. I understand the drive to keep tinkering though. Did you get a chance to weigh it or does it just feel too heavy?
Thanks for the reply Casey, if you 3D some I would be in for a set.
I was just disappointed in the finished truck, I wanted to get it a little lower than I was able to. And it adds 1.5 lbs to the rig. I may list it in the FS site.

Ernie
Old 03-24-2021, 09:47 PM   #74
Gold Star Baby!

Hi Ernie! Can’t tell you how good it is to see that you’re back to building again. What you came up with here is quite the looker, I like it but am also looking forward to what you come up with next for this chassis.

RPP has some of the knk body mounts in stock at the moment...

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/knkabm003.htm

I use these on a couple builds and they work well enough, I 3D printed a brace to go between them that helped keep them from twisting and the posts from warping.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Hi Ernie! Can’t tell you how good it is to see that you’re back to building again. What you came up with here is quite the looker, I like it but am also looking forward to what you come up with next for this chassis.

RPP has some of the knk body mounts in stock at the moment...

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/knkabm003.htm

I use these on a couple builds and they work well enough, I 3D printed a brace to go between them that helped keep them from twisting and the posts from warping.
Thank you Sir, it is kind of a day by day thing. Right now I'm building more than painting. I enjoy it so much, I hope I can keep the fire lit for a while.
Thanks for the info, I might see what I can put together.
Ernie
Old 03-25-2021, 06:34 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Ernie don't sell it! Build it!!! I love that you're out in the shop again! This thing looks crazy cool! Body and cage are amazing! Go another route with the body of you'd like. I always enjoy a CODYBOY build. And a new body would be like two builds in one thread the way you do your bodies. Keep it going!

Codyboy's IFS Portals Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modded Tundra Element IFS w/portals Rock solid Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 29 11-28-2023 10:51 AM
Ifs foff truck 450matt Formula Offroad 4 12-07-2014 07:57 AM
portals for scale or a comp truck? d-fly General Crawlers 0 06-21-2008 10:09 PM