Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Where’s the Ecto Trail Reviews???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2021, 09:35 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Where’s the Ecto Trail Reviews???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
A lot has to do with the direction the pinion and ring turn

Direction only effects which tire gets lifted left or right.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2021, 10:03 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Direction only effects which tire gets lifted left or right.
It won't help with torque twist?
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:15 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I have a fairly good grip on my suspension settings, running my stock Enduro shocks full length mostly as low as possible. I cannot take too much ground clearance away in my crawling areas (Columbia River canyon basalt rock). Changing link locations for squat & anti squat I have not wrapped my head around yet.

In my mind (not necessarily correct lol), portals are the best bang for the buck in an axle swap. Then run it low and clear most obstacles. My SCX10 II with overdriven Vanquish portals rules this way. That would/will be my preferred swap for my Enduro or Ecto in the future. I run shock keys to angle my shocks to add compliance/articulation.

Maxxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
I have a fairly good grip on my suspension settings, running my stock Enduro shocks full length mostly as low as possible. I cannot take too much ground clearance away in my crawling areas (Columbia River canyon basalt rock). Changing link locations for squat & anti squat I have not wrapped my head around yet.

In my mind (not necessarily correct lol), portals are the best bang for the buck in an axle swap. Then run it low and clear most obstacles. My SCX10 II with overdriven Vanquish portals rules this way. That would/will be my preferred swap for my Enduro or Ecto in the future. I run shock keys to angle my shocks to add compliance/articulation.

]
For the susp link setup I watched some videos on KOH. They had a video on susp and lots of math but they also had diagrams. I did what the diagrams showed and it worked. The low vs high pinion was from a drag racing page and torque was talked about.

I don't understand all the math and geometry but I can monkey see monkey do.

Portals have less squat issues then straight axles because of the gear reduction. They drive shafts start out spinning fast so the torque is less noticeable. Portals are also great for clearance. They are unsprung weight so the little bit the of the higher weight the diffs weight add doesn't have the effect it would if it were sprung weight.

Below are to crawlers I have build, my C1 and C3. I have figured them out as far as building, at least for the most aprt. I am playing around with wheelbase on my C2 and haven't gotten things right yet.

This is my C3 last local comp I ran a perfect score, no reverse no nothing. I am not the best driver so I know what I have done works. I am not a good enough driver to do well if my RC doesn't work right. It has TRX portals, rear selectable locker, TRX trans and shocks. I have gotten rid of the front lockers for a servo winch and run smaller tires sense this picture.

This is my C1 and I do well with it. It is an Enduro with up graded electronics, trx shocks, AR44s and the shock key susp link modification.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Where’s the Ecto Trail Reviews??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ecto body on Gatekeeper SteveB1 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 24 12-17-2021 06:12 AM
Ecto body on Trail Truck Builder's Kit JimInMiami Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 44 11-21-2021 08:19 AM
Element Ecto Trail SteveB1 General Crawlers 6 07-11-2021 02:23 PM
No ecto news ? crazee horse Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 0 05-30-2021 03:37 PM
Ecto-1 mmatthews 1.5 Scale Rigs 133 01-02-2014 07:29 PM