Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Enduro EXP - Experiences, Refresh, and Rebuild

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2022, 09:25 AM   #41
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Enduro EXP - Experiences, Refresh, and Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
I didn’t intend for this thread to become a build thread, it just kinda happens .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad it did happen! It's cool to watch the progress!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2022, 06:45 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Got a few more of the prototypes installed onto the Sento. I did up a rear bumper in the style of the front and some contoured sliders. Then I added some Traxxas fire extinguishers to the bed.

The sliders required some trimming at the below the doors. Roughly 5mm from the bottom of the stock cut line. The bumper is attached using an Element front bumper mount.

Next was testing the main lights for the body. Not sure if I’ll use the DG-1 or SQ-1 controller. I got inspired by the Trophy FJ build…

Here is how the electronics wiring looks now. Got some 1/4” sleeving for the different connectors, and some black sharpie for the program box/power switch.

Paint is next for this body. I am going to match the colors on the chassis so far.

Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:34 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

The paint shop was able to open this month! The Knightrunner was first, but the shop kinda biffed it. Well here’s to hoping the Ecto turns out better.

Well first I started with Spaztix liquid mask, it was all the LHS had. I won’t be going back Bittydesigns ever again. 3 coats on the body after a good wash and window masks.

First color up was PS-15 Metalic Red. I have been loving this color since doing the SCX24 C10 with it. I think this phase turned out okay.

The next two colors were Bright Silver and White for a backer. Then on came the black:

Then I removed the overspray film in a few spots, bed and the radiator window. With that all done it was finished. There was few issues with the top corners of the bed, got the liquid mask to thick, so it didn’t dry right.

Next up was the decals and mounting the body.

Overall I am happy with it. I will say the top of the bed should have been silver. It would have contrasted with the accessories better. And that would be the only change.

Then I had to try the lights again:

Old 04-04-2022, 10:57 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Excellent job!

Lovin' the black flash down the side, and the headlights shining through as if they were frenched in the body.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:05 AM   #45
Go Buckeyes!

The paint shop didn't biff the Ecto! Paint turned out great!

Them lights! Lovin' them lights! Great job on the design and 3D print work! And that rear bumper fits the look so well!
Old 04-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
The paint shop didn't biff the Ecto! Paint turned out great!

Them lights! Lovin' them lights! Great job on the design and 3D print work! And that rear bumper fits the look so well!

Thanks Brian! There is a bit more work to go, so expect more updates.

I’ll have an update on the Runner shortly as well. Just waiting on some parts. Tried something I seen on YouTube…

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Excellent job!

Lovin' the black flash down the side, and the headlights shining through as if they were frenched in the body.

Hey Durok, Tanks man! Never thought of it that way with the lights, but you are right. You reminded me of what Grandpa did to his custom vehicles!

Old 04-05-2022, 10:54 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

What a real beauty. I agree about the lights; they caught my attention right away, and look fantastic. I be she drives nice.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:19 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
What a real beauty. I agree about the lights; they caught my attention right away, and look fantastic. I be she drives nice.

Thank you! I haven’t had a chance to drive her since the rebuild. Hoping to run her on Sunday, looking at high 60s to low 70s. Should be some awesome weather.

Old 04-08-2022, 06:48 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I got the light cords shorten up tonight. Took about 5 to 6 inches off each strand. Seems to work well in testing with no issues so far. I did change out the light controller to a SQ-1, as this a simpler/smaller controller. The DG-1 is a lot more powerful than the SQ-1.

Next up was the installing the winch. I used some Attwood micro cord in red for the line. This was recommend by a local club member. I am using a Reefs Micro99 Winch. It sets below the receiver tray.

It doesn’t hit any of the suspension at this location. The third link is the other side or the truck, and diff is in front of it.

Now that I am done with the good news, we need to talk about the interior shop. They had a bigger goof than the body shop did on Runner…

I really screwed up here. It was raining Tuesday morning, and the temp never got up to the forecasted high. I also did too many colors too fast. The worst part was when the Bright Silver ran out. It caused the worst run I have ever had.

All is not lost though. I plan on painting the bottom black, and then painting the top white. I’ll then had paint in the details.

Old 04-14-2022, 06:19 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Well, Sento got out on the rocks. For just guessing on the tune, it did great overall. Climbed up a few things I wasn’t expecting. Seemed to side hill decently as well.

I got a few shots from the weekend:

The truck was running pretty good all day. But there was some issues though. On one of the climbs, I sent it a bit too hard. Sento did a back flip, and didn’t land the dismount. SNAP was heard, and a small black piece was laying on the ground.

I broke the clip part of my prototype mounts. Well I had another setting around, different thickness for the clip. So I’ll see how that works out.

Off to fix an interior mistake, make part revisions, and maybe some front inner fenders.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:15 AM   #51
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I really screwed up here. It was raining Tuesday morning, and the temp never got up to the forecasted high. I also did too many colors too fast. The worst part was when the Bright Silver ran out. It caused the worst run I have ever had.

All is not lost though. I plan on painting the bottom black, and then painting the top white. I’ll then had paint in the details.

I can't tell you how many times I've done the same. I get impatient and try to paint when the weather is NOT GOOD! A large part of the time the humidity gets me.

Sounds like a good plan to fix the interior!

I'm really liking the winch setup! That is a great place for it since it is out of the way and it does not interfere with the links or axle.

Nice outdoor pics! It looks great out in the sun! And the more I see them headlights, the more I'm liking them!
Old 04-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Looks way good
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Hey Guys,

Time for an update (feels like it was forever ago). First up is the clipless mounting system, sadly the front hasn’t been working well at all. The clip wasn’t long enough for full contact. The rear mount seen more success though.

The previous body got destroyed by the rocks. Got a some dents that didn’t come back out. There are some nasty rips from where the rear lights were mounted.

So a body change was needed. HobbyPlex in Omaha had Ecto clear bodies in stock . (BMow, they still have one just not sure if they ship or not.) Off to the paint shop!

All painted up!

Old 06-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

There was another major update to the truck during the break from the forums. I got some SOR RC shock towers for the truck.

Then I got a hold of some SSD Pro Enduro axles. I got both the front and the rear. They fit together really nicely.

Before the Axle swap at the rear.

Here is what the housings come with. Not pictured in the hardware. They have 11x5 bearings instead of the 10x5 bearings.

And the axle all swapped into the new housing before being added to the truck.

And the rear axle on the truck.

I also got the front axle done as well, was in a bit of a hurry though. The front axle has better clearance for the panhard bar and behind the axle steering.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:53 AM   #55
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
So a body change was needed. HobbyPlex in Omaha had Ecto clear bodies in stock . (BMow, they still have one just not sure if they ship or not.) Off to the paint shop!
Sad to hear the other body got injured! This new one looks great!

Thanks for tip on the Ecto body! I did get an email from Amain saying the body was back in stock, but was already sold out when I checked. I'm going to hold off on getting the Ecto body for now and wait for the coolness of them to wear off!

I do like the looks of the SOR shock towers! I wish they would have came out with them sooner! I would have put them on my GK-Ecto build! I guess I'll just have to build another!
Old 01-07-2023, 12:34 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Love the rig
treadway47025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:42 PM   #57

Looking to get an ecto ,trx4, or scx10iii for my first true crawler. You may have started pusing me towards ecto

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
chevyjlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 07:58 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

What do you think of those SSD axle housings? Are they worth buying? Do the slide over rocks better than the stock axle housings?
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote

Enduro EXP - Experiences, Refresh, and Rebuild - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could someone with G-Made R1 Exp help me understand Pennington Research G-Made Crawlers 9 01-29-2015 09:28 AM
refresh 1.9 Jslick Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-12-2012 09:40 PM
Anyone have EXP. or THats running a Mini EDGE WestTxRc Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 10-20-2011 03:32 PM
Southern Nationals Exp constantmotion Louisiana 18 09-15-2010 07:48 PM