Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Rockcrawlers Berg/enroute Build.......Finally.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Rockcrawlers Berg/enroute Build.......Finally.

Well, with the economy going the direction it is, its getting harder and harder to save money. So I finally decided to just take the plunge and start buying a few parts to get me started.

Parts list so far include:
From TCS:
Enroute Berg 2.2 Complete Assembled Axle Pair (Have them on sale for 199.99 ) Thanks Kevin
Enroute Stock Berg 12 tooth metric pinion
Axial Stub axles
enRoute Servo Mount

From JP Customs: (Thanks Jarod )
2-45 turn motors from JP Customs
A set of Berg lockouts from JP customs

From Kamikaze Kustoms: (Thanks Jeff )
The ZERO 3.5
DIG TRAY
Delrin Rear Axle Tray
Delrin High Clearance Tie Rod
Skid Plate

I got the axles first so I took them to work with me and went through and put locktite on all the screws. Once I get the sizes of everything, I will be replacing all the screws....they are not very strong. :-(

When I got home, the package from JP Customs had arrived. So I took the knuckles off the rear axle.

Finally got the bearings out of the old knuckles and installed them on the lockouts.

I then installed the lockouts from JP Customs. I really think I am going to like these. They are a very tight fit and dont seem to have any play in them at all.

Now its time to get the pinions, motors and steering kit mounted up. The steering is not tight yet because I wont know where I want it until I get the rest of my parts in and have a rolling chassis.

I still have a few things that I am going to order later on. For now though, I am going to use the wheels, tires, ESC, servo and ESC from my GC2 just to get it running. Remember...I am broke.

Not quite sure which wheels I am going to go with just yet. I really like the Mayhems and the VP's...........

I wil post up more when I get more parts.

Last edited by Rockcrawler; 11-11-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Looks like your off to a good start

Good luck on the build,it's almost as much fun building them as it is driving them...............Well maybe not!
Radron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looking like a really good start. Good luck on the build, i will be posting my build in a couple of days aswell. I will be watching your build closely since were on the same boat,rowing in the same direction.lol

Last edited by bullet1231; 11-11-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: im stupid,lol
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Are you done yet?

Looks like a great start!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radron View Post
Looks like your off to a good start

Good luck on the build,it's almost as much fun building them as it is driving them...............Well maybe not!
Thanks Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet1231 View Post
looking like a really good start. Good luck on the build, i will be posting my build in a couple of days aswell. I will be watching your build closely since were on the same boat,rowing in the same direction.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Are you done yet?

Looks like a great start!
I would be if Jeff would get my chassis to me. I guess when you get sponsored.........its hard to get parts.
J/K The mail didnt run today because of Veterans day. I am sure it will be here in a day or two.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Looking good.... Keep the pic's coming bro.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
Official Cook of the ECC

That will never work.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Looking good.... Keep the pic's coming bro.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
That will never work.
I know......why dont you just send me yours so I dont have to make the links for this one.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Great build on a great platform. I thought you had been drivin one all along, go figure. I am just glad nothin on mine has broke yet, I better ask Jeff for replacements now.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul duke View Post
Great build on a great platform. I thought you had been drivin one all along, go figure. I am just glad nothin on mine has broke yet, I better ask Jeff for replacements now.
I was driving Joey's (RXcrawler) Berg at Nats. I just didn't get enough wheel time on it to get use to the differences of the shafty vs. bergs. I beat the hell out of his at Nats and didn't break anything.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Well, I am still waiting on the horse to drop my chassis off. I ordered a HS-82 servo and some revo rod ends. As soon as the chassis and rod ends get here, I will get to work on the links. I dont think I am going to clock the axles yet. I didnt see them get caught on anything when I was driving RXcrawlers rig. When I get a little more cash in the bank, I am going to get a set of wheels ordered......just trying to decide on which ones to go with. But it will either be the Mayhem's or VP's.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Well, I am still waiting on the horse to drop my chassis off. I ordered a HS-82 servo and some revo rod ends. As soon as the chassis and rod ends get here, I will get to work on the links. I dont think I am going to clock the axles yet. I didnt see them get caught on anything when I was driving RXcrawlers rig. When I get a little more cash in the bank, I am going to get a set of wheels ordered......just trying to decide on which ones to go with. But it will either be the Mayhem's or VP's.

I still haven't found a reason to clock the front axle up. I would rather keep the weight down. The rear is easy to clock up with the links and then you just don't have to worry about it. I have found the lexan skid between the rear lower links to be very useful.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
20K Club

Oh yeah, I would recommend doing a BTA/OTA right away. It is an amazing improvement.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I still haven't found a reason to clock the front axle up. I would rather keep the weight down. The rear is easy to clock up with the links and then you just don't have to worry about it. I have found the lexan skid between the rear lower links to be very useful.
Same here Josh. Are you using the regular lexan or the stuff from the Associated truck? I don't know what the difference is in that from regular lexan but I get the regular stuff for free at work......even the tinted. Also, are you using zip ties on it? I would think that they would catch a little on the lower links.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
WOOPOOW!!

Sounds like your parts list is better than mine is right now. I like the rear lockouts, that may be the first thing I do to my berg. Can't wait to see what you do with it, I have been searching for great info on berg setups, so far i have about 2 pages worth written down.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
Sounds like your parts list is better than mine is right now. I like the rear lockouts, that may be the first thing I do to my berg. Can't wait to see what you do with it, I have been searching for great info on berg setups, so far i have about 2 pages worth written down.
Thanks Colby. I really like these lockouts so far. One of the main reasons is because it gives me another set of knuckles for the front. You can get them at JP Customs site. You can get the Berg Lockouts here.

My chassis should be in tomorrow or the next day they deliver with the holidays. It will be a quick build when the chassis comes in.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
WOOPOOW!!

Awesome thank you sir. I got most of my notes from smr4Runner's Kamikaze Zero Build Im sure you have done your homework, but I like his dig setup the most. I am not as fortunate to have a nice esc like that, but I will be running the same setup. I should get my chassis on the Dec. 5th at our braggin rights comp from Fishy, then I will start my build and start mocking up and all that good stuff. I still have to get a 3ch setup and that good jazz but I hope to crawl with you in the near future at one of SERCRC's comps. I know I must have seen you at Carters lake back in June? July? who knows
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Well, my chassis is on its way but we had a comp this weekend. So I took the GC-2 shafty apart and used it. I was actually surprised at how well it worked. I ended up 5th but I was running at almost 12 inches wide. I have to get some wheels ordered quick. I will get some pics up in the morning.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

can't wait to see it built. Oh I have an extra set of Berg offset DNA stalkers sitting in my parts drawer If you are interested pm me.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Think Mayhem.........
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote