Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Help needed! Tracer a good basis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #1

Default Help needed! Tracer a good basis?

Hi, I had a crawler years ago and want to build know a really good MOA type, but without the aim to drive competitions.
I really like the design from Traver V3 (540) and wondering a little bit about the poor acceptance. Think the axles are strong but not the heaviest ones, what is wrong that more or less everybody is driving a "normal" design?

Depending on the answers maybe I'll use later only the axles and will buy a Chassis like DLux,T1E or so.. Makes it sense to do it that way?

Maybe the weak points of the tracer does'nt influence my fun on the rocks

Only for completeness: It must be a moa, will use 2x 45T Holmes with sidewinder micro or Holmes BR mini on my DX6i so that I can DIG like I want.
Tinker-de is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Help needed! Tracer a good basis?

to be blunt, no!
there is almost no after market support for the v3, and it is really just the v1 cases you would want.
an after market chassis from d lux or chaotic is the way to go
you can get everything for a v1 and nearly nothing for v3
TheWheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you like it than go ahead and get it. It will work fine since you dont plan to comp. If you think you might get serious about comp crawling I would go with berg v1 based axles or xr10 axles. When you find a weak point in the v3s and there is no aftermarket fix for it you likely won't like it quite so much.

As far as the chassis goes it too will work for playing around but again, if you think you might get serious about comp crawling than a chassis that you can tune will suit you much better.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The best MOA options out there right now are:

V1 Bergs
Dlux Bergs
TI-Fighters
XR10s

The V3s are just going to give you hassle with setup and making them up to par with the above options.

If you want to go with the V1 Bergs...there are many options for parts and would be an excellent choice. The XR axles also have plenty of hopups available.

The Dlux or TI Fighters are ready to go right out of the box but are quite pricey whereas you can build up the other two choices at your own leisure.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #5

Thanks for the answers.
Now it's more difficult than before.

First of all: I dont want to comp. I drive together with 2 colleagues, one with a LOSI, the other one at the moment with an r1 and myself is driving a wraith. The R1 driver will also going to build a moa and with the wraith I have absolut no chance to beat the Losi / R1. Its a racer with crawler gen, but absolut impossible to act like a crawler with that 3,3kg vehicle

So, the berg are good if your spending a lot of money into, the XR10 is discontinued and has also to tuned to get the weakness away.. Bully lightweight, mmh, though. TI-Fighter, never heard about it here in Germany-can you post a link to a supplier?
Tinker-de is offline   Reply With Quote

Help needed! Tracer a good basis? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V3 tracer Blackcloud EnRoute Berg 8 05-15-2013 12:31 AM
Tracer crawl-o-matic EnRoute Berg 2 04-26-2011 03:19 PM
RADIOS: Whats needed and whats a good price tag losikid Electronics 3 02-08-2011 10:20 PM
Berg tracer setup needed vti-chris EnRoute Berg 6 08-26-2010 12:29 PM