Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: What happened? Berg rebuild opinions please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What happened? Berg rebuild opinions please

What the heck happened? I haven't been crawling in 2 years and the hobby passed me up like a freight train! Gluing tires?! No lead in front wheels!? Delrin axles?! I've got a few V1 bergs, now very outdated. Seriously, my fronts are about a pound each.
1. y-town v3 chassis, slw rears at .75", DH fronts machined down to 1", super 300's vanquish steering knuckles, fxr's on 35t motors, Mann gears stainless lower links I machined and bent up... blah blah...
2. CDW chump with about the same as above.

Since I've missed so much forward movement and trying to get comp worthy I've got a few questions...
-light is the new black, I can turn down my tubes but are wheel weights really gone? Any knuckle weights out there for vanquish steering knuckles?
-I'm sure knuckle weights would not fit inside my DH's so any bead locks they would fit in? What width wheels are people using these days? How does the foam stay put with no inner on the rim, just standoffs?
-What are Chubs?
-what length shocks are people running on all these newer chassis?

If you need me, I'll be on the couch wearing out the search function, god you guys move fast! Thanks.
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What happened? Berg rebuild opinions please

Chubs, c-hubs, oh I get it!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Welcome back . Vanquish has knuckle weight an so does D_Lux that work on vp knuckles . I'm running 3.5 big bore shocks that what most people are running along with modified scx10 shocks . You need to talk to Erik at D_Lux on his new knuckles he is making he has the best and newest fade on knuckles and the option are unlimited to what you want or need with them no matter what chubs you are running he has you covered . I hope my chiming in helped you out .
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Well Pickle, looks like you are in for some long fun hours of reading. All the info you need is on the Berg section. Happy reading. A lot has changed in 2 years.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I feel your pain. I just went through the same process before christmas. I really liked the look of the Dlux axles. To make my life simple i ordered the whole rig from him. The Dlux products have been top notch, with the best customer support you could ask for. I am happy with every Dlux product i purchased which is pretty rare for me. I know i could have purchased products from multiple vendors but i went the easy route and am glad i did.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the replies. Looks like some hefty parts ordering real soon and some work on the lathe. Last time I crawled, my pal JeepinDoug just turned down his berg axles and it blew my mind! I'll keep reading build threads.

What happened? Berg rebuild opinions please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Berg Rebuild helhedded EnRoute Berg 241 04-06-2020 09:56 PM
Berg Rebuild Chris_The_Battery_Man EnRoute Berg 28 08-31-2012 06:14 PM
My Berg Rebuild BOWTIE EnRoute Berg 22 06-15-2009 05:41 PM
Time for a rebuild, opinions? coldfire_76 Tamiya Clod Buster 10 11-06-2006 03:31 PM