Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Hittman's Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #21
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: Hittman's Dlux Berg Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
my lowly xr...put 10 packs thru it today...
10 Packs! Shoot!

Do you have maintenance checklist for that car? After 10 packs I am sure you will need to replace some bearings, tighten your upper link mounts, check gears for wear......
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #22
www.ottsix.com

nah nah nah, just breaking in the gears...but that's all anyone really needs to put the hit on Hitt
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Got these in today

35t hhk-t
.020" cans
reverse spring mod
Ceramic bearings..
and that's all I know about them

Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Copied from Facebook:

Stubby
Can - Stubby .020
Can Modifications – Blueing Coating with Motor Armor
Magnets – FB12 Dual
Magnet Modifications - Shaved Tips

Armature – Stubby Type HHK-T
Wire – 20.5 AWG
Commutator - 7.5mm
Balance - Epoxy
Armature Modifications – None

Endbell – Reedy Ti
Brush Hoods – Laydown
Brush Hood Heatsinks – Stock
Brushes – Putnam Green
Springs – Polarized 175 Extra Firm with insulation
Spring Posts – Team Lightweight Aluminum
Heatsinks – Aluminun Elimination Screws
Timing Ring – Lightweight Aluminum
Screws – 12.9 Cap Head
Bearings – Ceramic ABEC 7
Additional Modifications – Brush Hoods lightened and polarized spring setup installed. Precision matched and tuned.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Best motors on the market IMO!!! Love my stubbies, super smooth and huge power. Your going to be grinning from ear to ear
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Best motors on the market IMO!!! Love my stubbies, super smooth and huge power. Your going to be grinning from ear to ear
I am just happy to be running broods. Was not looking forward to putting my old holmes motors in this new rig. Glad I was able to score a deal on these. Can't wait to see what they got
Old 11-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

The NMRCC Comp season opener BBQ was a blast and your new rig was insane. You had a very Hittman type of a day. Excellent driving, you made the tough stuff look easy. Look at those scores, -29, -28 and -27.

Pictures courtesy of Matt Ottman.

Last edited by MAHitt63; 11-03-2014 at 12:06 PM.
MAHitt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

As all my builds seem to go.. This went from having a nice build thread, to having no time to finish it and definitely no time to post or take pics.. Yea, I suck

But, here is what I got.

Finished up the axles two Fridays ago..

The gear setup in the axles is so awesome. And these gears are amazing. Super strong yet very minimal. Its a shame these have to be covered up.

Super light, super nice, very happy.

Because for some reason I cant set mesh by hearing it, I had to drill a vision hole.. along with the motor screw hole. Both got covered up with some tape.

Front axle came together just as nicely. Fit and finish is awesome. I was quite nervous about drilling the servo mount holes, but everything came out as it should have.

Got some bad ass gold stickers from dlux

Sexy
Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Then that led me to last week.. The link I had gotten worked, but not as I wanted. So, rear lowers were shortened dramatically, new crazy bend fronts were made, and the 1/8" Ti uppers were bent. I am a fan of a 50/50 setup, so that's what I went with. I am also a fan of bent upper links.. Just feels better, and clears everything better too.

Brand new egressor shocks were built for the rig. Fronts ended up being 88mm eye to eye and rears were 80mm eye to eye. This got me the exact ride height I wanted.

That brought me to Friday night.. Had a comp in the morning.. rig no where even close to done. I pulled an all nighter, got everything together, and finished it at the comp. I put the wheels on right before I walked out the door. I programmed the servo epa's while others were setting up courses. I had literally no run time, no tuning, no anything. I tested the electronics at home and that was the extent to my running.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

First off, let me say this thing is awesome.. By far, the best performing rig I have ever driven. Honestly, I couldn't ask for anything better. For a rig that was completely untuned and never even ran, it was amazing. And before you accuse me of kissing a$$.. I want to tell you I am 100% serious, and you can ask anyone who watched me drive on Saturday, this rig is a beast.

Because of time restraints, I wasn't able to get the loaded dice front or rear weights on. I knew at this location I could probably get away with it, but I was still a bit nervous. I will say, this rig performed just as good, if not better than all the other pro's with knuckle weights. Very stable, very good front and rear bite. perfectly biased. I cannot imagine how this rig will perform once it has some weight on it.

The brood were awesome. At first I was disappointed by the speed, but they grew on me. Gobs of torque too. This location has plenty and plenty of tire and rig eating holes.. and the broods just powered out of them all.

I could give a course summary of how it all went down, but I think I have said enough. Hopefully I will get some more pics of the finished rig up either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHitt63 View Post
The NMRCC Comp season opener BBQ was a blast and your new rig was insane. You had a very Hittman type of a day. Excellent driving, you made the tough stuff look easy. Look at those scores, -29, -28 and -27.
Pictures courtesy of Matt Ottman.
Thank you for posting those pics. Glad Matt was able to get some. As I heard quite a few times.. especially after finishing courses 2 and 3, "and that is why he has been state champion the last two years". Man, that just makes me happy to hear

Here are the official scores.. Yeah, I whooped on them a little
Old 11-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #32
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Looks great! Glad youre enjoying the car. Those guys will really be in trouble once you start tuning this car in.

Cool twist on the mesh idea too.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

You drove just like the champion you are, it's my pleasure to get to run with you bro. That rig is your best yet, I forsee a three peat. Good stuff mang.
scomck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Time for pitchers!!

Nasty stance on this rig

Sweet gold screws

Just the right amount of castor

Pretty crazy front lowers.

Bottom shots

Ass end

Frontal shot

Battery mount made from a dlux XR "anything" mount. Backside was milled down flat and holes were drilled and countersunk. Is it the prettiest? No, but it is effective. Everything clears and is super solid.

Sitting with 7 1/2" of articulation right now. I was so focused on finishing the rig I didn't even bother with limiting. I will need to get it down and inch or so, but honestly, the rig felt pretty good even with this much. And considering it had no weight, it performed great.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Looks great! Glad youre enjoying the car. Those guys will really be in trouble once you start tuning this car in.

Cool twist on the mesh idea too.
I cant wait to see what this thing will do once I actually have some drive time behind it. Since it is performing so well without weight, I am just going to tune it and add little by little. When I hit my sweet spot, I have a feeling this thing is going to be unstoppable.

Sitting as it, it weighs 3lbs 4.5oz.. So I have plenty of room to add some weight.

And thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by scomck5 View Post
You drove just like the champion you are, it's my pleasure to get to run with you bro. That rig is your best yet, I forsee a three peat. Good stuff mang.
Grassy ass amigo! I cant wait for the upcoming season.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Stub179 ran his berg at that weight for a while. Now he's running loaded dice.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

You Know... I've found it's good to be flexible with your weight up font. Usually more is better, but not always. Those gates where you have to carry a front tire across a big gap or when you need the truck to balance on the corners.... Don't get hung up on a set weight. The loaded dice are so easy to adjust, you can do it between courses. So take advantage of that when you get them.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Did some grinding on my front holders. Didn't want to run too much weight and I wanted to keep the COG down as well. With the five slugs pictured, they weigh 118grams per side.

All the weight nice and low.

Tucked in there nicely.

Good lookin rig if you ask me

With the trimmed knuckle weights and the rear weights, the rig is weighing in at 4lbs 1.2oz now. Heavier than I have ever been used to, but I am down to try it out.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Stub179 ran his berg at that weight for a while. Now he's running loaded dice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
You Know... I've found it's good to be flexible with your weight up font. Usually more is better, but not always. Those gates where you have to carry a front tire across a big gap or when you need the truck to balance on the corners.... Don't get hung up on a set weight. The loaded dice are so easy to adjust, you can do it between courses. So take advantage of that when you get them.
I definitely plan on being flexible with my weight I run. Here in Albuqueruque we run around 5-6 completely different rock surfaces and types.. Pretty much every comp is on a different type of rock and is a different situation.

Gonna be cool to see how it handles with the weight this low.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

MAHitt63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Hittman's Dlux Berg Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlux Berg Build Erik D_lux EnRoute Berg 1696 05-22-2018 10:10 PM
Hittman's SMASH Build Hittman Axial XR10 994 02-28-2015 09:21 AM
Sessions YTC Dlux berg build Session EnRoute Berg 126 07-03-2014 11:27 PM
dnsinoz Berg/Dlux Zero build dnsinoz EnRoute Berg 0 03-09-2013 08:48 AM