Notices

Thread: Ttc newred hobbies january 15,2012 free

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Ttc newred hobbies january 15,2012 free

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
My idea move it to daytona and I'll be there every day to help lol I wish but I'll be out as much as I can to help build

One thing I would like to see is a little less of the sand and maybe more of a actual dirt for the hill climbs something that would pack and rut up and tires grab more. Something else would be cool would be more of a winding path or trail aspect with log obstacles or side hilling to challenge your use of the winch to prevent roll overs
I agree with Cameraman less sand and more of a trail dirt....but you are limited for a better hill climb. Sean I hope you are not angry about what I have said because it is not meant as bashing. I wish I could help more but the three hours there and 3 hours back is very costly in time and gas. Honestly I would try to imagine more of a TRAIL Run then a Comp location... A winding trail with alternating obstacles seperated with just enough distance to challenge your rig and driving. A side hilling area would be cool to see how well your setup is, as well as a good size hill climb. Tank traps and axle twisters are a very good scale truck challenge.

To me a Scale Comp differs from a Comp Crawler Comp in that Comp rigs are more driver based where the scale course should be more of how well you have built the Scale rig and how close it looks or resembles the 1:1.
This is just my opinon though.

http://youtu.be/sab9U-i-4hU

http://youtu.be/NynUnJfY-NI

http://youtu.be/iYH5Xo3OUog

http://youtu.be/_f0JQI2HarI

http://youtu.be/xkjG_ms6Q5I
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
Looking for new Trails

No offense taken, thanks to all for your feed back I will try and make some of the changes and add more of the black dirt to the area and spread things out a little more mix it up i will try and do my best with the time i have and when i have it to work on it.

I hope to see all of you at the next GTG or EVENT....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 AM   #23
RCC Addict

If you do change things up on the course, take some pics so we can see the progress. Pictures are worth a thousand words
Old 12-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

A 1000word paper doesn't equal a picture one of my teachers gave me a zero cause I gave a pic instead of the actual words, I thought it was genius!!
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
If you do change things up on the course, take some pics so we can see the progress. Pictures are worth a thousand words
I will do my best don't have a ton of time between now and then with work but will do my best, I will try....

And pics do no justice for most of the places we run its always a hands on thing....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #26

just got a box of parts today, looks like a build night, wife is working. Cant wait for the comp. Hope to see everyone out there, its always a good idea to bring some extra parts. Keep in mind there is also a hobby shop on the spot unlike most of the places we crawl/ trail ride. So don't let fear of breaking a part stop you. If i have the part you need in my box you are welcome to it.

Last edited by hpirick; 12-20-2011 at 02:26 PM.
hpirick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpirick View Post
just got a box of parts today, looks like a build night, wife is working. Cant wait for the comp. Hope to see everyone out there, its always a good idea to bring some extra parts. Keep in mind there is also a hobby shop on the spot unlike most of the places we crawl/ trail ride. So don't let fear of breaking a part stop you. If i have the part you need in my box you are welcome to it.
Im not concerned about having the part I need after breaking it. (Anyone who knows me or drives with me, knows how much crap I have and bring) Its more of a concern of just when its gonna break. Its great to have a Hobby Shop there but this is no trail ride. If I ran into this area out in the woods I would just pass by. Most of the rock area were just too challenging for an SCX10 based rig. Now Im not saying its impossible but realistic no and Im not gonna use my winch to get through every gate.

Yoda... I understand there is a good amount to do and not a ton of time, but if you do change anything just take pictures. It will set a lot of our minds at ease. Im also not saying that it would be a waste of time for others to go. This is my decision to decide on attending or not. Its a cool place, really good people and very cool hobby shop but its a 3 hour drive for me soits something to think about. I hope anyone who was thinking about going still goes because my decision should not affect others.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #28

well i hope you decide to go.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Jc how or why it takes 3 hours to get there what way are you driving ?

And I'm making the executive desicion everyone is going lol and cant wait to see the rig hpi
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
Jc how or why it takes 3 hours to get there what way are you driving ?

And I'm making the executive desicion everyone is going lol and cant wait to see the rig hpi
Sorry I exagerated a little it will take me either 2 hours 15 minutes or 2 hours 38 minutes depending on where Im at when I leave from. So it was 22 minutes shy of 3 hours.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #31

The more people that show up, the more fun we will all have. Scaler project almost finished needs steering servo mounted and linkage. Should deff be ready by the 15th.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Lol I was just curious what roads you had to take to get to ocala if there was a direct route or if you had to go some crazy out of the way route cuz nothing goes straight there

And I got a sneak preview of hpi rig it looks awesome
Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #33

I pick up 40 in barberville and take straight into ocala.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Honestly its more because on Weekends I always have to remember that Im on call for work. Im on my Prison's Rapid Response Team (Munitions Squad, Non-Lethal Shotgun) so I have to make sure I can get to work ASAP if needed. But most of the time nothing happens...... most of the time. So I have to calculate distance from my work and not my house. This is the reason I said the almost 3 hours. Hope this helps clear it up
Old 12-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

You have a Subaru so you shouldn't have any problems making it back if needed lol
Old 12-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #36

just bought another losi mini pro crawler, since i turned my first one into a scaler. Brining it to new red to try it out, havent run a mini out there yet.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Sweet I'll have my mini out there as well it will go alot further than u think
Old 12-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Discussing the comp with Zeb today we have all come to the conclusion we will all be heading out there. Myself, Zeb, J&Jfab, and djblaugh will all be going, so at the BBQ we will be figuring out carpooling.

I'm actually going to look at a Dodge truck tomorrow (1:1) so if this happens I will have plenty of room to haul gear and people.

2007 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi. Looks really nice so if I can manage to get it we will have a good rig to drive out there.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #39

its coming up quick, i need to get back to work on my scaler project.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

I need to get a hitch or rear tow point!!
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote