Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #1221

Default Re: B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County

ah, kk. I wasnt sure if,those places would. I will hit up Archies, never been so it will give me a good excuse!
Bugglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #1222
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
I don't go fast anymore, too expensive.
Like that scale crawling stuff is cheap?? LOL
stpete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1223
Rock Stacker

3 of my old lipo's have shat the bed in the past week. Got some new TP's on the way. One super puff, one dead cell and one that drops a cell under power. Next club race is next weekend. Hoping to make it out. Gonna hit the track for some practice tomorrow with my two remaining good packs.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1224

Spent all afternoon slaving over this. New class for quaker steak and lube, Spec pan cars.

camaroguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #1225

Stopped in at Archie's. Excellent selection on tools, better than I've seen! Also got to see a guy with, what I would call a uav, fly it. It was crazy seeing the mechanics involved.

Picked up the screws so hopefully it can all be put together soon. Hope everyone has a safe and fun St. Patrick's day
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #1226
Rock Stacker

This is a two-year old car that last raced in Las Vegas when Dan Weldon was killed. Extremely tight. I'd have to shave 20 pounds off each cheek to fit comfortably. Almost didn't get my shoes out. Anybody going to the Grand Prix on Sunday?

Last edited by stpete40; 03-18-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #1227
Rock Stacker

daisy the boys and I will be there on sunday! lets attempt to meet up and do some lunch!
wmartinlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #1228
Rock Stacker

She's coming along. Too bad the weather looks like shizzola this weekend. Not good for racing of any kind.

Monster and Thunder Power to make it go.

Last edited by stpete40; 03-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpete40 View Post

This is a two-year old car that last raced in Las Vegas when Dan Weldon was killed. Extremely tight. I'd have to shave 20 pounds off each cheek to fit comfortably. Almost didn't get my shoes out. Anybody going to the Grand Prix on Sunday?
I might make it out there, one of my friends has tickets... Maybey I'll run into you guy's...
Str8 Creepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #1230
Quarry Creeper

Soo........
Its seems our little club is fizzleing out and blowing away with the wind ?
Participation seems to be at a serious low, has everyone moved on to other intrests or just not give two shits anymore.

I know Dan has strayed to a different direction due to the need to go faster but what about the rest of the fellas ?
Everyone plz sound off and give us a status report on whats happening here and maybe we can come up with a resolve to boost moral and get things going again.
BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #1231
Rock Crawler

I'll be going to the race on Sunday as well. Hopefully the weather holds out. I'm still interested in the hobby, still trying to sell my Jeep project and as soon as I do I'm buying a Axial jeep. Once I get that in sure I'll have a fire under me to get out with you all, I'm just kind of at a stand still till I sell my Jeep.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #1232
Quarry Creeper

I would love to get something going but this weekend looks like it'll be pretty ugly. I haven't had any time recently for RC. I still need to finish swapping parts on the scx maybe give it a suspension lift an widen its stance an shorten the wb also. Been doing alot of work on my jeep so that has been keeping me busy tinkering. I installed a CB an whip antenna today. I'm also contemplating on painting my grill black with bed armor soon to match my bumpers, tube half doors an flares. Black an sand is the color scheme I'm goin with. I usually instagram my pictures
hor
If anybody wants to plan a meet an cookout up here,that would be cool. There's so much woods up here but only 4wheeling an dirtbike trails, not much fun for scaling unless you enjoy a leisurely trail ride an driving over fallen trees an stuff like that. There is on spot near my house that's is pretty open with sandy trails good for buggy type like twin hammers playground . A few jumps an high sandy corners. Ill have to get some pictures. I wish I could post my pix on here in 3d.

Haven't gotten any spare batts for my TH, everyone seems to have little or no inventory. I would like to bump up to 3s but I don't know if I feel like getting new electronics yet for it before I beef it up. I already bent a tie rod which I didn't realize until I went to adust the camber. What a difference in cornering with a few degrees of camber did on it.
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #1233
Rock Stacker

I've my 5 turnigy 1500 mah lipos available if anyone is interested.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #1234
Quarry Creeper

How much for those?
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #1235

Uh, my truck works and theres two more big nasty's on the bench... I'm not going anywhere...
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #1236
Quarry Creeper

If you look back in the thread just befor you joined us Al you'd see a lot more activity and with several more members, Thats mainly what I question.
BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #1237

I'm sorry I haven't made it out yet. This piece can't seem to go together in the limited time I get to touch it. If I get 1 hour a week to touch rc I'm lucky, so every small simple thing needing to be done takes a month.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #1238

Ive broused the thread, I know exactly what you mean... On a more possitive note, we are a small group of people that can actually afford the time to do the things that make us happy, the things that take a little of the hurt out of dealing with real life daily issues... I do not think their absence is by choice, They just do not have as much control over their free time as we do... That makes us special, like some top secret shiz... Were like effin RC Ninjas, "you know their there, you just cant see them"...Striking fear into the hearts of those who let their wives wear the pants and such, wich also make us cooler than a bunch of gay turtles in Zoro masks, oh , and definately cooler than the Power Rump Rangers...
We are just Lucky You Fat Bastard... I'd tell you to just suck it up, but I'm afraid you might break some ribs or spit out a kidney or somthin, or poop your self, even worse... Next time your looking @ Billy's ass tell him to rub it in your face so you know what my Beefy Tubes smell like... LMAO...
Old 03-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #1239
Rock Crawler

Aww yeah, bringin home a new rig.

Sold the Jeep TJ project and some other things and picked this up today. I hope to get it out soon too. Now that I have something I can be a little rougher with I'll have more motivation to get together with you guys. So far I have Saturday April 6th available and Sunday April 14th available.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #1240
Rock Stacker

wmartinlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
Is anyone in the pinellas area missing a couple trucks? goodoldlevi Florida 1 07-02-2010 10:32 AM
Sonoma County/North-Bay Crawler Club Comp. Mad4Rnr Competitions 92 02-21-2009 10:25 PM
Any rocks in SF Bay Area (south bay)?? MonsterDDT California 2 05-19-2008 11:37 AM