Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial = MOA??? A lil mouse told me...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

But my point is........what if they built a MOA axle with a plastic center section, one that could hold up as well as Clods. Someone mentioned the size of Clod axles, but they also mentioned how big the gears are which would be why the center section is so big. I'm pretty sure it would be possible to come up with some kinda design that would hold up. Then....what if they already came with aluminum for the rest of the axle. I know cost is an issue for some, but I'm thinking something like this could definately be done in the price range that could compete with Bergs. Also when you take into consideration that Axial definately knows 2.2 rigs need lockouts and straight axles in the rear, that might be an option that would be available from the start like on their ARTR's. They could make the knuckles better than Berg knuckles, because from what I've seen lots of folks cut their tires on those unless they're modified. And then again just right off the top if they just kept the axle shafts the same quality as AX10's they would have the best already just about.

I just see tons of possibilities for what an Axial MOA axle could be based on the knowledge that they definately have from the crawling world.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

On the live midwest comp coverage Bender was interviewed and he said there was no chance of a MOA.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #43
RCC Addict

I think we'll see a 1.9 comp truck from Axial long before we'll see and kind of MOA setup.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

my shafty still beats a berg or two.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Shaftys RULE, MOA's drule!

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to add to this discussion.:-P
Just had to get that off my chest.
I guess I don't see that much of a cross section at the small comps that I go to, but the MOA's in the 2.2 class are NOT cleaning up around here. They seem to have a little better COG, but they seem to hang up on all kinds of shit that never slows down the plastic housing shaftys.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #46
RCC Addict

MMM, April is just around the corner
Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcat430d View Post
my shafty still beats a berg or two.
yeah SURE it does. I can't even remember the last time
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I'd love to see another MOA available and it anyone can pull it off, it's Axial.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
yeah SURE it does. I can't even remember the last time

I think he scored higher then Augy
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I'd love to see another MOA available and it anyone can pull it off, it's Axial.
I'm with you on this one Dez...I would love to see Axial get in the MOA game.I really like the quality in the rest of the parts and rigs that they already offer,as I have never had any type of failure with Axial parts except driveshafts.So they may as well do away with the weak link in the comp game and make some MOA axles.Atleast put some out as option parts for their line of crawlers for guys who want serious comp rigs.Come on Axial please make some MOA axles!! I'll buy them!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I just want a MOA rig that does wheelies!!!

oh wait... I already do!

I heard losi is bagging their new worm gear crawler and releasing an MOA rig instead!!!:shoc k:

I kid I kid!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:37 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryBumpy View Post
So shafties are the inferior outdated product now. Imagine that.
i don't think they are outdated, but MOA's are looking to be an easy answer/fix to torque twist shafties have....it's been shown that the twist can be tamed on a shafty, but people are looking for any bailout these days ....

the same thing was said bout tube framed rigs can't be tuned right also....i had my tigress rig out yesterday for the first time without any weight in the VP dirty harrys and had no torque twist or any AS as far as i saw, but i did start with a neutral AS setup first....with a little tuning i can't imagine what she will do on the rocks....just my .02/opinion but i think MOA rigs just make things easy to do where people are having troubles with a shafty from what i've been reading .................bob

Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

I think it would be a great option from a great company! The bergs by no means dominated the competitions that I have been to but they are a neet option and capable. I have beat the snot out of the PLASTIC axial axles and can't see how a plastic moa would be a problem especially if they make them a more afordable option.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

MOA is not the only solution for torque twist. The new Losi Comp Crawler and the Kyosho Rock Force are both shafties, both have no torque twist. They do it with worm gears but that is not the only way to achieve deep gearing in the axle.

Alum housings are available from several vendors for the AX-10 but I haven't seen them on comp rigs, in builds or videos on this forum. And I don't see reports of axle housing failures on AX-10's either, so it seems the plastic ones are up to scratch. Metal ends yes, but not the housings. If well designed and manufactured to a high quality, plastic is fantastic. And almost certainly much more affordable than CNC'd alum.

I would expect to see a 1/18th comp crawler from Axial before I see an MOA. Just a guess.

Cheers.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
An Axial MOA would be awesome. A RTR MOA kit would probaly come with shitty electronics, though. I think the idea behind a rtr is to get people into the hobby for less money.
i wouls have to say *most* rtr's come with shitty electronics... thats why axial produced the a-rtr
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #56
RCC Addict

I think axial are going to consentrate more on scale and 1.9 comp.

MOA is for people who cant drive shaftys
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

The moa's have the front or rear dig advantage, but it looks like the shafty's have that coming out real soon. I allready use the 6 channel radio. I was waiting for venum to work out locker problems and then put axles in my shafty and could unlock front or rear for better turning.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

I could careless about an MOA rig. Would rather see a scale kit without the servo on the front axle and leafs.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #59
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
MOA is for people who cant drive shaftys
Bingo:-P

Look how many top drivers around the country who were at the top with shafty's, have gone back to them after giving MOA's a shot
Old 03-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
I could careless about an MOA rig. Would rather see a scale kit without the servo on the front axle and leafs.
They already have an excellent scale kit, and putting the steering on the axle is easy! (Especially with the Hand Brothers CMS kit)

I'd like to see a MOA from Axial...Why? Because we could actually get parts for them! Axial deals with the big distributors, which makes life easy for hobby shops. Being Axial, even if the MOA's are plastic, I'm sure they will be ultra tough and accept AX10 aluminum bits..

I'd buy em!
Closed Thread