Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: DNA steel dig parts...............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Ugh, I just ordered a set of replacement gears and the cool servo plate. Could have just gotten a different dig. Well I guess if I don't slam it into dig too often it should last, only reason I went dig was from breaking the stock outputs, seemed the easiest way to get a stronger setup and dig.

All your set screws tight, I think my dog gear setscrew was a little loose but I never noticed. Maybe a driveshaft setscrew? Seems odd. I just went to the robinson metal transmission gears, didn't think it was necessary when I ordered but when I took the transmission apart to put in the metal gears the stock plastic gears were missing alot more plastic than I would have guessed. I was probably just a few runs away from grinding up a gear.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
Ugh, I just ordered a set of replacement gears and the cool servo plate. Could have just gotten a different dig. Well I guess if I don't slam it into dig too often it should last, only reason I went dig was from breaking the stock outputs, seemed the easiest way to get a stronger setup and dig.

All your set screws tight, I think my dog gear setscrew was a little loose but I never noticed. Maybe a driveshaft setscrew? Seems odd. I just went to the robinson metal transmission gears, didn't think it was necessary when I ordered but when I took the transmission apart to put in the metal gears the stock plastic gears were missing alot more plastic than I would have guessed. I was probably just a few runs away from grinding up a gear.
The dna is a good dig, but I like sliding collar style better than pressure plate style digs personally. I hope the U-Dig is sliding collar style.

The dig works fine in dig, even though the edges are rounded, it just has me worried that after some more shifts into dig it's going to wear to the point it won't hold in dig anymore.

The driveshafts are tight and locktite there too, the plastic tranny gears are just fine as well. They looked like brand new when I took it apart to re-grease everything.

I notice there is some play on the shift rod linkage to the servo linkage (the set screw that screws into the collet on the end of the shift rod.)
But it doesn't seem enough to cause issues. I might try to figure out a way to strengthen that point as it seems to be the weak point right now.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote