Notices

Thread: Sport/Sportsman Class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #201
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldlevi View Post
I dont understand how its unfair?.....

....Unless your a complainer then your on your own!

trust me, he is far from a complainer.

Im not too sure if what you said even makes sense... If someone doesn't complain, they are on their own?

and to get back on topic... two questions have been asked that I'm curious to know the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Will the class run on the same courses? Will the same drivers in the "Pro" class be allowed to run the class if using the same courses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post

Why the 2s lipo restriction ??

Just like 1.9 class I see no need for it what difference does it make ??? We are not racing ?

Last edited by helhedded; 10-06-2009 at 08:55 AM.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #202
Rock Stacker

I also do not like a 2s lipo restriction. I do not have much money and have a rtc that I changed to an FXR and only have 2 batteries that are 3s and no money for different batteries. I will upgrade slowly but first will be AL bent links not more batts.
lt1zwb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 AM   #203
Rock Stacker

Will the 3s give that much more torque?
billm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #204
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm67 View Post
Will the 3s give that much more torque?
They can if you are wedged in somewhere, but IMO its about wheelspeed and longer run times, especially if you have a hungry motor.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #205
I wanna be Dave

Fishmaxx said it earlier. This (sportsman) class is more of a getaway class for anyone... not so much a novice class (even though a novice might fit in this class the best).

A novice driver (not speaking of class but experience) can drive in the pro class if they want to, and a pro driver can put a rig in the Sportsman class if they want to. (based on the definition and suggested rules he posted earlier)

Pre-running should not be an issue as the Sportsman class should have their own courses anyway. By the nature of the restrictions of the rigs, the courses should likely be a little easier.

If your club wants to make a Novice Class... You could make a few novice provisions I have seen used in the past for a no dig / no experience novice to run the same courses as the pro class.

Let them employ the 20 point bypass rule
Give them 60 points instead of 40
Give them a longer time limit

My first comp was a SERCRC Comp. There were 30+ participants and 2 classes (2.2 and Super). Bergs were still fairly new and only Jeff, Andy, Fish and a couple of others had them. I didn't have a dig unit the week before the comp, so I made one. There were several there without a dig. No one new complained about anything except their own crappy driving.

All the newbs I met there are still in the hobby and all have pretty sweet rigs now. It's part of the process of learning something new. When you start, you suck... then you get better.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote