Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Front Axle/Hub

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Everyday I expect to come on here and see a big post about how Funrise will no longer warrantee their product without sufficient proof. And I would know exactly why they would do it. Abuse of a good thing.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

What irritates me is taht this is the 5th crawler i've bought...that's how much I like them, and I jsut purchased my 6th..ALL i need is a hub that turns the wheel from the axle and I has to buy a whole new chassis..that's sad...I refuse..everything else on my crawler works great and...I just find it obsurd to have to pay 70 bucks when EVERYONE else has been getting these things at no cost...it would be different if I hasdn't pured out SO much money into these toys...but... I have...i'm so frustrated right now
zach3713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #23

Dude really? 6 of these things, thats crazy. To me this is just a TOY. I have had one and returned one. Hopefully the new axle they send will hold up to my house crawling. I have a hard time believing they are making you pay for a chassis. If you have 6 of these you spent 900.00! I think you bought and returned 5 now on six right? Wihat part keeps breaking on ya? All the parts I've broken i have fixed so it won't break again. These things are kida cheap and will break without modification. Not to flame you but you would think that after going through six of these you would know that and mod before you break it, or give up.
boomhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Yes...they are making me pay for a chassis that i'm not going to. I have returned none of there....4 of them have been the 1/18th scale which I modded heavily, and sold, and I have two 1/6 scale now...the original is the one with the hub broken and i bought a second waiting for it to come in the mail. So, yes i know how to mod without breaking, i've returned NONE...and i've tried everything to fix this one before I even thought about calling the company...I used JB WELD, Quik Steel, and also drilled a hole through the remaining side of te hub and stuck a pin through it then used quick steel to hold that...nothing worked and I wish I could just get a dang hub sent to me. Apparenty though it's not possibe from what all the reps are telling me. I HAVE to BUY a new Chassis. My original is over 90 days old...and I don't want to screw them over and send them a reciept for my new one because that's jsut WRONG...
Old 01-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I find it intresting that you can't pay $70 for a new chassis because you don't have the money. Yet you go back to walmart and pickup another for what I'm assuming was another $150?
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki
I find it intresting that you can't pay $70 for a new chassis because you don't have the money. Yet you go back to walmart and pickup another for what I'm assuming was another $150?
maybe he just doesn't want to have $220 into a bone stock Nylint. Ever think of that?

newbs
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Newb? Excuse me for reading the guys posts saying he doesn't have $70 to spend on a chassis yet goes and buy another one, and has 4 1:18 ones. Yup I'm a newb when it comes to that. Also with that $70 he'd have his spare hub, knuckles, axles, electronics, etc...

So excuse me for being a newb
Old 01-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #28

Well just got word from funrise, My axle is on back order for 2-3 weeks. Oh well
Why is it wrong to return your broken rock crawler? as long as you did not ABUSE it and it broke during normal use. Walmart has never given me a problem with returning anything! To me this truck should have had more r&d to find these problems first. In all your posts you did not state you had it for over 90 days until now. All the complaing in the world will not get you a new chassis. Don at funrise has been exellent, and quick to respond. Mod your new one and use your old one for parts, you will need some. so you have 300 dollars invested into a rock crawler that is very capable with the right mods, thats still cheaper than building a crawler.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

walmarts return policy is to lax in my opinion when I go in there I see people abuse it all the time. I guess thats what you get when your return policy involves the words "Satisfaction Guranteed"

But.... when I do return stuff there customer service never asks whats wrong with it, and a guy I know that works there says people return defective crap all the time and never tell customer service and customer service never asks about it.

Last edited by Chuki; 01-12-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Waht's interesting is that you are so quick to jump down my throat for not having 70 dollars...so let's start AGAIN...i've SOLD all 4 1/18th scale models, and I dont' want to HAVE to buy a damn chasis when all I need is a freaking hub. I would pay for a hub but it's not possible says Nylint, I have to buy a whole new chasis...My whole thing is I don't want to buy an entire new chasis when all I need is one simple part.....read the posts before you go running your mouth of about how it's funny to you, and blah blah blah...I enjoy these "toys" tremendoulsy, and actaully got one of my friends to buy one of the 1/6th tonight...I stand by the company...I just wanted a hub. And I think it's funny how EVERYONE else seems to be getting free stuff but me. and the thing I want isn't that big of a deal.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I'm not jumpin down your throat at all. All I was saying is in a previous post you stated you basically didn't hve $70 then you go spend another $150 on another one. If had the cash to spare I'd go get another one myself.

In that account I just busted a hub on mine so we'll see if I get another one. I broke mine playing in highrange in my living room though. I was backing up and turning and heard a pop, then after that when I turn really sharp it would make a pop pop sound, looked closer on the driver side knuckle I took a chunk of the hub out.

I've already contact nylint
Old 01-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

I got the second one for a deal...anyway, let me knwo how Nylint works out for you...and what they plan on doing to help you out...
Old 01-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #33

Zach,

You say you won't screw nylint, and won't screw walmart, but come on man they are screwing you by giving everyone else free parts and not you. Take it back to walmart and exchange it. when someone screws ya you have the right to screw back!
Old 01-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Good point, but.....i'd feel guilty
Old 01-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

technically your not screwing walmart if you take it back. They're screwing themselves, in their return policy it states if you are not satisfied with the product take it within 90days for a full refund. Well if your still within the 90 days take it back. Obviously your not satisfied with it, I also would contact nylint again some customer reps might not be as a forgiving as the others. Give them any and all info you can, I've offered nylint my serial number, receipt, pics, videos, anything they need to prove this is indeed a valid warranty.

In my opinion I think nylint needs to demand the serial number, and a copy of the original sales receipt before they issue any kind of refund. They can still have a kick *** customer service policy but not getting proof of ownership or taking down any kind of hard info, they're really screwing themselves. It wouldn't be hard to tie in a Nylint serial number to peoples accounts when they need warranties. For each nylint you get I think you need to have proof of purchase via the receipt or a UPC label.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

You totally right, I think that's what they should have been doing all along...I think they've hurt themselves by doing what they've done in the past and are jsut now realizing it. The one that has the problem is just over the 90 day window...but i'd be wuilling to pay fro the part...just not a whole new chasis. All I need is a stinking hub.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

They wont answer me.... going to have to pick up a phone I guess.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Luckily I found someone who was willing to sell me the hubs...i'm back u and running strong as can be. played for 1:45 mins. today before the battery died..GOSH i LOVE this thing...
Old 01-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Any more of them hubs?

And is there anyway we can reinforce these things?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

I've got one more, but, i'm afraid i better hang on to it....there is a guy who poste about plactic couplings...he put part of an arrow over the plastic part followed by a washer on top of that to keep the plastic from breaking...lok for a posting called "Plastic Couplings" I'm pretty sure that's what it's aclled. When i got my new one today, I just put it on and put everyhing back together, I was ITCHING to get back to crawling.