Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mini Clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Looks great, excellent quality work as usual!!One question though, why not roll the rear axle straight up for clearance? Awesome rig!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Why did you decide to chop the project? That was one of the ONLY nylints that I actually liked. I still like it though, just not as much.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerguy851
Why did you decide to chop the project? That was one of the ONLY nylints that I actually liked. I still like it though, just not as much.
I'm building a TLT, so I have no need for a 2.2 Nylint.....

Here's a few more:

Lt. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

how well does that tire cut pattern work? cuttin every other strand
Bknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

how did you cut the tires soo clean?
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:15 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
For the tires I used a Dremmel at half speed with a 3/4" wire brush attachment. They work great even better with all of the lead in the axles.
^^^ Does this answer both questions? It was posted about three replies back. Read a little before you ask questions or you are going to end up getting flamed!
Just a little healthy advice.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

i thought i read all the posts, must of skipped a page, sorry
Bknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #88

i noticed u were using a duratrax esc.i have the same one and i was wondering if there is a way to disable the reverse delay? i could not figure it out?
steetyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by steetyj
i noticed u were using a duratrax esc.i have the same one and i was wondering if there is a way to disable the reverse delay? i could not figure it out?
No, I don't think so. It's not the best esc but it does the trick.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

I did some more work to the suspension on this thing. I moved the shocks inward and I made a new front upper link mount.
Nylints Rule!!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent
Looks great, excellent quality work as usual!!One question though, why not roll the rear axle straight up for clearance? Awesome rig!

Thanks getbent, and thanks for the tip! You know I never really liked the look but I might give it a try. Is that the way you run your rig? I might have to cramp on your style.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

New stuff: Parma MLST Xciter body, lowered body mounts and flipped up the rear axle. Lmk what you think!

Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Looking Good! As soon as I finish my 2.2 project (the Grunt) I too am going to start a 1/18 Nylint project! My goal is to be as cool as your Mini Clod! I love the old version and the new version!

Thanks dez for the comments. I'm looking foward to a good Nylint build from you. :-P
Old 04-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
I'll be milkin you for info! Hope you don't mind!:-P
Anytime, just loose that tude first.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
Thanks getbent, and thanks for the tip! You know I never really liked the look but I might give it a try. Is that the way you run your rig? I might have to cramp on your style.
Yup, that's the way I run mine. I agree, it looks a little funny, but its worth it to get that hunk of plastic up and out of the way. How are you liking it? Looks great.

BTW, make sure you post a link to your 2.2 TLT build up when you get started. I may need a little inspiration to stray from the cheapness of the nylint!!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yup, that's the way I run mine. I agree, it looks a little funny, but its worth it to get that hunk of plastic up and out of the way. How are you liking it? Looks great.

BTW, make sure you post a link to your 2.2 TLT build up when you get started. I may need a little inspiration to stray from the cheapness of the nylint!!
Ya, thanks again for the tip getbent....with the axle flipped up it has 10x the clearance . It's a big improvement! You'll see a thread in the TLT section sometime soon. I need to come up with some cash first. Those things are expensive compared to the ol' nerlent.

Last edited by Lt. Dan; 04-14-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:32 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

I didn't see where you had listed the new wheel base after you chopped it, so......
What's the wheelbase? I am starting a build kind of like yours and will be using the stock wheels and tires (with Lt. Dan style trimming, hope you don't mind!)and wondered if you had a suggestion for wheelbase with the smaller tires.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:35 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I didn't see where you had listed the new wheel base after you chopped it, so......
What's the wheelbase? I am starting a build kind of like yours and will be using the stock wheels and tires (with Lt. Dan style trimming, hope you don't mind!)and wondered if you had a suggestion for wheelbase with the smaller tires.
The wb is at 9.5"....that's the max wb for my liking with the small tires on there. It does great with that wb and it's a blast to drive with the stockers on there. I would have shortened the wb a little but then I would have limited articulation because of the links being to short.
The tire cutting is a pain, be sure if you use a Dremel with a wire brush that you don't go over 10,000 rpm. I tried it at full speed(20,000rpm) and it shredded the brush apart and made a real mess. You can really soften them up if you do the whole tire with the brush and not just the treads. Good luck, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!! You always do great work!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Looks like a Clod with an NN, a cut Parma LST ExCiter body, and cut 1/6 Nylint tires. But looks can obviously be deceiving.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

probably an old post to bring up, but i am really interested in making an exact copy of what u did.

my question was how did U mount the moab tires and rims, and which chassis did U like the best.
i read the whole entire post like 10 times, and got the following info...

the bottom of the first chassis is 3" long, u used faberware to build the chassis, the chassis is 2.5" wide, u used 4" shocks mounted in the standard position ( but on the side), u used Dubro rod ends w/ metal balls, 4/40 threaded rods, and 3/16" tubing.

what i also want to know is how long the pieces were that u used to brace the two plates. also how long the upper rods had to be, and if the stock ones from the first chassis had to be shortened when u put the second designed chassis with the flipped rear axle?

and what did u use to mount the lower links? looked like a "u" shaped bracket.. did it come off of something? and in what spot did u screw them in? how long where the screws used to mount the "u" shaped bracket, and did u use a nut at the other end of the screw inside the gear box's..

helping me answer these question would be greatly appreciated...i think i spelt that right?

-Josh A.-
insane is offline   Reply With Quote