Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Why the hell doesn't traxxas have a crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Why the hell doesn't traxxas have a crawler?

I would think with the parts they already have in the bins, they would only have to design a few new parts and BAM! new crawler. Just don't get it.

Any ideas as to why they haven't done it yet?

Randy
racerrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

i would like to know why they have not made a attempt to enter the crawling scene also. just seems dumb to me.
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

cuz traxxas is pretty much a bash rig making company, and they like to use independent suspension, gay.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
cuz traxxas is pretty much a bash rig making company, and they like to use independent suspension, gay.
Ditto, they go fast, not slow. I think they make plenty of money now and don't need to research ($$$) the crawling scene to make more money. Plus crawling is a fad.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_744 View Post
Ditto, they go fast, not slow. I think they make plenty of money now and don't need to research ($$$) the crawling scene to make more money. Plus crawling is a fad.
isnt their motto "the fastest name in rc"???
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

they tried to make one in the summit, but imo they failed. only good thing on it is the tranny.

Last edited by speed ghilliesniper; 12-12-2010 at 10:42 AM.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #7

They might be working on one, you never know. Id personally like to see one, my first ever RC was a traxxas.
six6six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed ghilliesniper View Post
they tried to make one in the summit, but imo they failed. only good thing on it is the tranny.
I have a friend who bought the small Summit. I don't think there is much change from the Revo platform. Laydown shock, independent suspension. Then they paid a designer to make a body with a cheesy exo cage. Then the whole "add another battery to go faster" thing. I don't know, they're probably doing just fine with all of their shortcourse.....Oh yeah.....Did I mention I have a JATO 3.3 when I want to go fast? They have their nitch. It's a money making one, but it is good for RC. Keeps cash flow at the LHS's and brings people in, or back to, RC with decent start out vehicles with great parts availability.
SledRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

yea I think they should give a try. I like traxxas but the summit reminds me of the revo. Maybe there afraid of failer
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

The summit is what they made, and it sucks ass. I dont see them coming out with anything that could hold a candle to what has been put out by Axial and so on. Traxxas has a main focus right now, and its short course trucks and monster trucks
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

All they would have to do is make a skid plate for the Rustler/stampede/bandit transmission. If you look at a rustler the Shock Towers remind me of chassis plates? And a SOLID axle for the crawler.

I dont think crawling is a FAD.... and If traxxas is working on one, its going to be good! If they are, They are not going to HYPE it up like AXIAL did with the XR10 and seems to me to be a failure IMO.

Be patiant. Write a letter. Let them know what you want too see from them....
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
I dont think crawling is a FAD....
I don't either. There was some sarcasm in that post.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I'm waiting on them to make a straight axle mt to try and compete with the wheely king and ground pounder. from there it wouldn't be to hard to make it a crawler. I don't see it hapening for a while, although it looks like their running out of ideas (mini summit, stampede 4x4, etc.), so they might just surprise us.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
RCC Addict

If they only like the go fast rc's then why not build off of what they have and come up with a rock racer or something along that line. Something with an independent front and straight axle rear and make it to were you either run leaf suspension or linked suspension. I think if they took the time and research what is hot in the crawler world they could come up with something sick
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Screw Traxxas!

The only thing Traxxas is good for is assorted parts for custom builds!
ill agree with that!
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
All they would have to do is make a skid plate for the Rustler/stampede/bandit transmission. If you look at a rustler the Shock Towers remind me of chassis plates? And a SOLID axle for the crawler.

I dont think crawling is a FAD.... and If traxxas is working on one, its going to be good! If they are, They are not going to HYPE it up like AXIAL did with the XR10 and seems to me to be a failure IMO.

Be patiant. Write a letter. Let them know what you want too see from them....
I got an XR and it is not a failure. All the ppl bitching about it cant assemble right and dont know how to check the stock bearings for play. They just wip the shit together and snap, broken parts. Its not a bad crawler. IMO its the best
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
I got an XR and it is not a failure. All the ppl bitching about it cant assemble right and dont know how to check the stock bearings for play. They just wip the shit together and snap, broken parts. Its not a bad crawler. IMO its the best

Agreed. Most that have bitched about the XR-10 are those that must have never had to replace a TLT ring/pinion after each battery pack, swap TLT axles out constantly since they snapped like twigs...or had to deal with actually creating their own crawler from all NON-crawler parts.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Agreed. Most that have bitched about the XR-10 are those that must have never had to replace a TLT ring/pinion after each battery pack, swap TLT axles out constantly since they snapped like twigs...or had to deal with actually creating their own crawler from all NON-crawler parts.
Got to love the RTR generation!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
If they only like the go fast rc's then why not build off of what they have and come up with a rock racer or something along that line. Something with an independent front and straight axle rear and make it to were you either run leaf suspension or linked suspension. I think if they took the time and research what is hot in the crawler world they could come up with something sick

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking while reading this thread. With their existing R&D for independent front suspension it wouldn't take much to design (rip off) a straight rear axle and a cheesy tube frame (like the R1) and we'd have a RTR KOH truck. How sweet would that be.......

Somebody send this thread off to Traxxas. Let them know people want to see something different. If we could get them looking at some of the sweet KOH builds on here like R2J/Saydee's rig they might actually make something worthwhile. I'd hate to have them take business from custom builders here but I doubt anyone considering a custom KOH rig would settle for a RTR. Anyway, just my 2¢ on the matter........
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking while reading this thread. With their existing R&D for independent front suspension it wouldn't take much to design (rip off) a straight rear axle and a cheesy tube frame (like the R1) and we'd have a RTR KOH truck. How sweet would that be.......

Somebody send this thread off to Traxxas. Let them know people want to see something different. If we could get them looking at some of the sweet KOH builds on here like R2J/Saydee's rig they might actually make something worthwhile. I'd hate to have them take business from custom builders here but I doubt anyone considering a custom KOH rig would settle for a RTR. Anyway, just my 2¢ on the matter........
Maybe even a new esc with drag brake for the new KOH truck they could come up with lol. If they made one I think it would be a great seller, especially if they could do a roller, artr and rtr with a new esc WITH DRAG BRAKE lol. Yea I think if they saw enough people interested they might consider it unless they already had something in the making NOT.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote