Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: AX10 and Integy parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation AX10 and Integy parts

Since a lot of us occasionally from time to time use integy parts in our builds, i suggest to post here all your building and usage experience in this thread. It is difficult sometimes to find a usefull info on their parts, such as manuals or any other support stuff.
I was inspired by this thread help with integy driveshafts and my own search of any info on Integy rear hubs.
Any usefull info will help us a lot. Notwithstanding Integy quality, some ppl like me are still making mistakes buying their stuff.
shizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

So....
My first impressions.
Integy rear hubs http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...58&p_catid=124

Look nice, but couldn't understand why they did it two pcs .
After i've assembled them i understood that i missed one bearing supposed to be between the outer bearing and axle flange so that the axle does not play in a housing.
No manual, no any info, nothing on the web. So, i've just made a thin plastic spacer and put it inside. Don't know how long will it last, yet, but at least it works. After that i've done some search in my memories and voila! I've seen the same sh**t in another website, which was 3racing trash. Went there and found the right sizing, since they have the same stuff.
Here we go http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=3116

And the scheme

So the size is 5mmx15mmx4mm.
Those bearings from Traxxas, Traxxas TRA5119 5119 Ball Bearings 5x15x4mm Revo http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-TMX-33Revo-2
Didn't have a chance to check it yet, coz they are on the way, but will update, once they are here.

Last edited by shizzz; 12-24-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I think you'll find that most of us have the same opinion, that is Integy = crap. I like their motors, but I'm pretty sure they don't actually make those, just buy them from someone else and put their sticker on them. Just about anything I have gotten from them has been substandard and have had to replace the part in short order. This is true for just about any platform they make parts for, I've had Integy parts for my E-Maxx, Stampede, MRC and AX10, all poo. The parts look good, but that is where their apeal ends...

Last edited by Greatscott; 12-24-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I use Integy motors in both my AX and RX. I also have Integy 17mm hub adapters on my new Stampede 4x4. I think my hub extenders are also Integy.

A lot of people seem to bash Integy, but I don't have any bad experiences with their stuff, although my experience is limited. They wouldn't be my first choice for things like knuckles or hubs, but that's only because I have other preferred vendors for that type of stuff, not due to any known Integy quality issues.

I'd be very interested in hearing some specifics of the problems people have had with Integy stuff.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have the Integy Driveshafts on my Bronco. Haven t had any issues with them, but it doesn't get run very(or seldom)hard. I do think the MIP shafts(I have them on my MRC)are a better design though.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
I have the Integy Driveshafts on my Bronco. Haven t had any issues with them, but it doesn't get run very(or seldom)hard. I do think the MIP shafts(I have them on my MRC)are a better design though.
I went with Junfac driveshafts on my AX-10, as they are a bit cheaper. I've been quite happy, and have pushed the truck fairly hard. The only issue with them, is that the universal pin tends to slip out, so I just put shrink wrap over the end bell once assembled. Problem solved.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

well what to say about integy. i will say its nothing good bought a brushed motor for my dads crawler two batterys ran and the motor was locking up and smoking got there metal driveshafts also crap nothing but problems out of them so i bought mip shafts and have not had any problems at all next up is there tube chassis welds look like blobs that a 3 year old did the hole chassis was crooked and the threaded shock mount bar was not even brazed on straight

txcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

That chassis is crap!! WOW!

I've been running 3 Integy motors in my 2 crawlers, and haven't had any problems. The general consensus sounds like the motors are one of their better products.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

yea needless to say that chassis is sitting in the junk pile i bought a rock rider from rc4wd
Old 12-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

i posted on the link above but ill repost it here. I bought the driveshafts for my scx 10. i caught hell with the set screws not holding well even with loctite so i tore them down, ground out a bigger flat spot for 2 set screws and drilled a small dimple for the others and ive not had any trouble since. I'm runnin the vxl and velineon from my slash 4x4 on an scx10 with 2.2's.

they are working now but i think i should have gone with mip shafts.
TNBiscuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #11
Who's your Daddy-0!

Shizz, the bearing your saying is missing doesn't come with that part. It says that on the picture you posted?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Shizz, the bearing your saying is missing doesn't come with that part. It says that on the picture you posted?
Sure id does not come lol
But there is no mentionning on it anywhere, except that 3racing_crap.com . Integy does not even thought to give a notice (or include any other manual paper in the package) that the user will need any bearings. That's why i was so confused and started the search of integy truth.
One respect point goes to 3racing_crap.com though for providing with integy manual

JustinThyme
looks like their motors are the best of the worst out there

txcrawl
Did i understand right, that chassis was originally welded by integy like that?
Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I needed a short set of shocks for my shafty Havoc build and I found these:
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...75&p_catid=107

They have served me well, never leaked a drop. I liked that they have rod ends on both sides.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevellian View Post
I needed a short set of shocks for my shafty Havoc build and I found these:
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...75&p_catid=107

They have served me well, never leaked a drop. I liked that they have rod ends on both sides.
I've heard their shocks are pretty good, but not having a good history with Integy parts I have been afraid to try them.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #15

stay away from there drive shaft's. there 100% junk

ill post pic's in a min of what i mean.
broncomitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #16

i also have there 139mm links. witch i love...beside's this.
if there was a snap ring it would be perfect. and i love the solid hime joint's (so the link's dont twist all around)
but cus there is no snap ring and the link's are loose, this happen's

keep in mind im ALOT harder on my crawler then most and i have even broken the bolt's for the link's. so there not weak and im ordering them again.
broncomitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzz View Post
Sure id does not come lol
But there is no mentionning on it anywhere, except that 3racing_crap.com . Integy does not even thought to give a notice (or include any other manual paper in the package) that the user will need any bearings. That's why i was so confused and started the search of integy truth.
One respect point goes to 3racing_crap.com though for providing with integy manual

JustinThyme
looks like their motors are the best of the worst out there

txcrawl
Did i understand right, that chassis was originally welded by integy like that?
shizzz
when i got the chassis it had those booger welds looks like crap how can a company let somthing that bad leave there shop it makes the company look bad and one of the welds was already cracked i will not buy anything else from integy
Old 12-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomitch View Post
i also have there 139mm links. witch i love...beside's this.
if there was a snap ring it would be perfect. and i love the solid hime joint's (so the link's dont twist all around)
but cus there is no snap ring and the link's are loose, this happen's

keep in mind im ALOT harder on my crawler then most and i have even broken the bolt's for the link's. so there not weak and im ordering them again.
Damn, that looks sick! Why did i buy them. I don't have a chance to put them on yet. Everybody should be warned.
I really do not understand how they work.
I can say the same on 3racing. When i was looking for the shafts, i found 3racing, but was wondering if they are direct fit, so i have asked the guy (probably the seller from ebay was a guy from 3racing company, at least he did look like). The question was - "Do i need to mod anything to install ur shafts to stock RTC?" The answer stuuned me as a grenade "I can not be sure about that..." Do u think it's normal??! Or am i dumb?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #19

I use a lot of integy stuffs on my rigs, most of them are direct fit with no issue. Once in a while, I have to bring out my Dremel but not really a big deal for us experienced hobbyists! I swing by my LHS, checked some of the roll cages and they actually look fairly nice. Something got to be wrong with this cage you have there, all crocked even with beam side way. This couldn't be right, I would send it back to whoever you got it from.
Henry325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Got bearings for my rear lock out hubs. Well, what to say... Me confused coz they appeared to be 10x15x4 and not 5x15x4 as claimed. Anyway, not a big deal, just misunderstanding, but the sad fact about, that i can't find such size in any HS.
May be i have to try the to find the appropriate inch version of it?
Does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks