Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: so I've had my Nylint for a whopping 3 weeks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

I think I found a 1:8th scale body that I might buy. The body is a little skinnier but the wheelbase looks correct.
S-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2006, 03:01 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 289YJ
I second that. To each his own but I think the little bodies look like sh!t. I don't understand the point in running a body at all if it looks like that. I mean it really just looks dumb in my opinion when the axle center lines are beyond the front and rear of the body. You're better off building a little cage/cockpit and sticking that on top. At least that way it would look like a buggy or something.
okay its whatever
im just say n i got 6 of these things that i work on cause my buddys dont have a place to work on theres. so when we go out and mine goes up and over something and my friend's doesnt cause the 1/6th body is getting hung up or also in many occasions when attempting rock climbs more weight gets transfered to the rear and takes pressure off the front making it impossible for the front to get traction and PULL itself up
thats whats up

only place where the 1/6th body helps is on dirt
12flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

I agree with you when talking about just performance in MOST situations, But I've also climbed stuff with the body on that it won't do without it...for whatever reason. I really just like the scale look more than anything.
289YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

different strokes for different folks...some prefer scale, some prefer what works best.

personally i prefer the scale look, but im sure 12flex's crawler will out-perform mine easily.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

agreed... I am now in the middle of lowering the whole thing. The COG is too darn high. I am also giving the body a HUGE diet to reduce the weight.

I tore out the floor and seats and will be making some custom doors to partially hide the missing floor. This should lower the body about 2". I am also relocating the fron and rear shock mounts upward. This will give me about 1-2" lower height in the middle, but I am hoping that lowering the COG will offset the loss in height in the center. It look like the total height of the rig will be about 3-4" lower which should help drastically.

Scott
Old 06-16-2006, 07:06 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

I think this weekend I am getting rid of the chassis, well at least partially. I just bought a bunch of aluminum to build a frame of sorts. I may make it a hybrid of sorts. Jeepers steering mod is looking better and better. Then I will have thin axles(for a Nylint) front and rear. Pictures to come....
Old 06-18-2006, 06:12 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

ok... so I lowered the whole thing a bit and it has helped tremendously. Climbs that I used to flip over backered on , I can shoot right up them now. Off camber stuff is a lot better now too.. here are some pics..

sideview:

crap... I will have to resize these later on
Old 06-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

about a new frame, you could make one like mine....looks like you dont have much uptravel anyways.....

SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

yeah...not much up travel in the back...but when you lift the back it sags more than an inch.