Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Money worth the quality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Money worth the quality?

I would get a refund. I highly doubt that there will be a big improvement. Cut all that off, save a few more dollars and have one of the proven metal fabricators here do the work.

Ive seen tons of guys here doing their first braze job on their own rigs do 10x better work and they arent vendors here.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I know you've been working on this for a while and it sucks that you ended up unhappy with the work
but
demonoid, I don't think you have anything to worry about... except maybe some shipping.
Most likely the vendor will step up and take care of it privately or a stand up member will fix it.
I'm assuming since you paid the vendor they have a star and plan on being a part of RCC. I doubt they'd want to start it off (again assuming they just started offering this service) with a very public shaming.
They'll fix it for ya... if they haven't seen this thread, just gently point them to it and ask for what you paid for.
ya i sent a message with this in the link, just sucks because while everyone else has 2 or more vehicles, this is my only vehicle so i never get to drive or crawl.the main point why i tried to trade it before lol hopefully he can either fix it right away or i can get my money back and hopefully someone else can step up. main reason i gave it to him is because he only lives an hour away from me so its easier to just drive my rig over than ship it. might have to now though ill give him another hour or so before posting feedback, he kinda went silent after i talk to him
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #23
RCC Addict

now i just need to find someone who can fix this for me if he doesnt, any takers? lol
Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

You pay to ship it to me - ill pay shipping back. All I really need is the chassis and maybe your body. But I can go off measurements.
I don't want your money mate - I just don't see how someone can let that go out the door. Weather it's turning wrenches for USAF or building something for a friend - that's your name on it. You do it right or not at all.
PM me if you want - it wouldn't take a much to fix it.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #25
www.ottsix.com

I don't think there's any fixing it...you'd have to grind the welds and doing that on thin walled tubing isn't going to go well.

If you don't get your money back, I think it'd be time to cough up the vendor's name so the rest of use don't get screwed in the future.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
I don't think there's any fixing it...you'd have to grind the welds and doing that on thin walled tubing isn't going to go well.

If you don't get your money back, I think it'd be time to cough up the vendor's name so the rest of use don't get screwed in the future.
thats what im doing now, im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt,seing if he'll fix this quick if not, refund and bad feedback
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #27
RCC Addict

well he told me he'll get a hold of me after the weekend and will fix it right away, I guess I'm just too nice to be a dic* and say no but if it doesn't get fixed i will be contacting you doublej. i greatly appreciate the kindness you are offering. that is why i love this community, always willing to try and help.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Almost anything can be fixed. Lol just gotta know what ya doin.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
To me it looks like either not enough heat to make the solder flow or the surface had some contaminant on it. I wouldn't feel right accepting money for that work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
It looks like it was mig welded.
very poorly. There is no penetration on the welds, they are just basically steel boogers. I'd be unhappy with that kind of product, just for the fact that the posts are welded (sort of) to the chassis rails, they could at least been welded to a mounting plate making them completely removable.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #30

those sliders are all sorts of halfassed and wrong.

get a refund and go elsewhere.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Very disapointing that a vendor on here would even charge another member for work that bad. ie: not what you originaly asked for and sh@t quality. I would be demanding a full refund and throwing those in the bin before finding another member/vendor on here to do what you need.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

did you take it back today?????????
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #33
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
Very disapointing that a vendor on here would even charge another member for work that bad. ie: not what you originaly asked for and sh@t quality. I would be demanding a full refund and throwing those in the bin before finding another member/vendor on here to do what you need.
I'm highly doubting this is a vendor on here. He never said a name so I'm guessing it's just someone working outside of the site.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #34
RCC Addict

to bad you don't live near by, not only would I help you fix it, but I would teach you how to do this work yourself. it's amazing the doors that can be opened with a little proper tool use education.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #35
RCC Addict

I know how to weld, and fabricate just don't have the space or the money or all the proper tools lol before I became a cook I thought I was going to be a fabricator so I learned ark, mig, tig, oxy, braze, solder, etc... And I do really great with all the machinery in a shop. My hopes is to own an actual house with a garage so that I can actually build the stuff myself. But here's the pics he sent me, Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343759032.780734.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  61.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343759049.614057.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  64.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343759068.690015.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  173.7 KB

The part that meets the body should have some tube work making it like rock sliders, the only reason I added that was because I saw the tf2 had something similar plus I don't believe straight boat sides would cost me $40 lol since that's basically sheet metal bent either by a clamp and hammer or an actual sheet metal bender.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Did a vendor from this site do that work?? I think that whoever it is, if they are from this site, needs to be made known. If you don't want to post it in here, PM me. I will not divulge the info to anyone. I just wanna know. That is rediculous....
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleReady View Post
Did a vendor from this site do that work?? I think that whoever it is, if they are from this site, needs to be made known. If you don't want to post it in here, PM me. I will not divulge the info to anyone. I just wanna know. That is rediculous....
Yes if it is a vender it needs to be posted . It would help others avoid the vender . Save someone the same trouble you are having .
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #38
RCC Addict

That looks a lot better, but I agree, 40 for bent sheet metal is a no go.
I hear you on the "no work area" I have to drive either 15 minutes one way and use a buddies place or drive an hour the other way and use my dads shop. At least for the welding, I can do a lot of cut and drill fab in my apartment, nice thing about having tile floors.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #39
Nobody

Does he live about an hour from you?
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
...... when he gets back from his honeymoon.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
...... main reason i gave it to him is because he only lives an hour away from me so its easier to just drive my rig over than ship it.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordwood View Post
Does he live about an hour from you?

These two facts should narrow it down. Any detectives on here that can figure it out from this? Gervais is near Salem right? Is he an hour north, south, east, or west???
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote

Money worth the quality? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worth the money? What do you think? rdearolf Florida 2 01-21-2010 03:22 PM
LC bodies still worth money? Crawlsalot Chit Chat 9 09-29-2008 09:08 PM
this WK worth the money 84CUCV Chit Chat 4 08-04-2008 08:47 AM
Is this worth the money? trickedoutTLT06 Chit Chat 5 11-28-2006 05:01 PM